Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:10 am

Mikz wrote:Slap it up them,Ive no sympathy for them and its plain to see they arent the team they were.
Just thinking tho,Have they really declined as far as everyone thinks? Id say its more the rise of chelsea and the vast improvement in us and others that make it look worse,theyd be top of the league and probably favourites to win it ,if not for chelsea. They are still well capable of playing good football,especially going forward,and if he does manage to fill the keane position...who knows ,hes no mug that Fergie fella.Ive struck the final blow on them many times and had to eat my words-bastidz I really hope its a lot more serious for them than i think.

I am made up Fergie is still there and hope he doesn't get the sack.

His record over the last 20 years is outsatnding but over the last 3 years abysmal.

Because he was such a top manager he now is that arrogant he thinks he is always right with player purchases and tactics.

He has wasted so much money on the likes of Veron Kleberson Forlan...and even Ferdinand (they are awful at the back)
He perseveres with a system his top players tell him isn't working, playing 4-3-3 when he has 2 of the best wingers in the world and clearly should be playing 4-4-2.
United will not get back to where they were under Ferguson i am certain of that.

The only good thing he has done over the last 2-3 seasons is persuade a scouser (Rooney) to sign, because imo without him they would be about 8th in the league.

They find themselves out of Europe before xmas  :D

And i am made up !!

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:24 am

We are Champions of Europe,
My home country finally qualifies for the World Cup after 32 years
After bit of hiccup , Liverpool are really starting to show what the Rafaulation truly means,
Roy Keane quits...........and just when i thought it couldnt get any better.......LMAO

There wont be any MANC pinching of old Big ears

Oh well on the bright side for Prawn sandwich eaters , they will have lot of time to try and win the FA cup , that trophy they value so highly :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:04 am

They are a one man team though and Rooney is the man, if he got injured they would be up sh1tstreet without a paddle.
No Beckham I think it was their downfall selling him, No Keane should have kept him till the end of the season as old as he is he was their drive in midfield and pumped them up.
No shirt sponsers since Vodafone have pulled out.
700 million pounds worth of debt, no 15 million pound for qualifying for the champions league.
And best of all Rooneys quote on SSP"I came here to win tropheys but its not looking good is it".
I think boy wonder will be off abroad sooner rather than later.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:05 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:They are a one man team though and Rooney is the man, if he got injured they would be up sh1tstreet without a paddle.
No Beckham I think it was their downfall selling him, No Keane should have kept him till the end of the season as old as he is he was their drive in midfield and pumped them up.
No shirt sponsers since Vodafone have pulled out.
700 million pounds worth of debt, no 15 million pound for qualifying for the champions league.
And best of all Rooneys quote on SSP"I came here to win tropheys but its not looking good is it".
I think boy wonder will be off abroad sooner rather than later.

I hadnt seen that quote but thats made my day.

I think Rafa should put a cheeky tongue and cheek bid in for him, just to wind up the mancs even more.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:51 pm

In think Ferguson has got too big for his boots and he thinks he is untouchable at Old Trafford.

Thats no disrespect, he was a great manager.

However, success can only last so long, and eventually you need to update your ideas and methods if you want to stay on top. Ferguson isn't doing that, and whats happening here reminds me what happened with Notts Forrest and Brian Clough.

UTd are doing well in the league but the alarm bells have to be ringing after last night. They have some very talented players but there is something rotten in the club. I suspect that team morale is very low and a few players do not get on. Roy Keane will be hugely missed and I think a major slump in the Premiership is just around the corner. When we went out of the Champions League early a few years ago we fell apart: while I don't think Man UTD will collapse altogether their exit will be an enormous blow to them.

The Premiership can be disapointing at times as I think too many of the lesser sides still respect Man UTD too much. Teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before kick off, merely because of Man UTD's reputation and the fact some of the old player and personel, who were great 5 years ago but are now in decline, are still around.

When Daglish left and Souness took over we had our problems. We suffered a few shock defeats and the rest of the league smelled blood, and soon sides like Sheff UTD and Coventry were turning us over. The same is potentially about to happen to Man UTD, and all it will take for somebody like Bolton to get the ball rolling.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:30 pm

While there is no questioning Rooney's class .
I still think his transfer has had a real downside to the MANCs, he basically took up their transfer kitty last year which has made Fergie job of rebuilding an ageing team  all that much harder
Though with some of their recent transfers, maybe having the money wouldnt have helped them anyway  :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:46 pm

i think this summer will be a major restructuring for them (if the funds are available) This loss will not help them at all. Sell ferdinand.. and a few others and start from there. Last might of been an off night, but their was no cemestry. Ruud wasnt playing well, were he lost possesion and then they scored, park was useless. Smith brought alittle fire to the game, but only at the ref.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:43 pm

JBG wrote:In think Ferguson has got too big for his boots and he thinks he is untouchable at Old Trafford.

Thats no disrespect, he was a great manager.

However, success can only last so long, and eventually you need to update your ideas and methods if you want to stay on top. Ferguson isn't doing that, and whats happening here reminds me what happened with Notts Forrest and Brian Clough.

UTd are doing well in the league but the alarm bells have to be ringing after last night. They have some very talented players but there is something rotten in the club. I suspect that team morale is very low and a few players do not get on. Roy Keane will be hugely missed and I think a major slump in the Premiership is just around the corner. When we went out of the Champions League early a few years ago we fell apart: while I don't think Man UTD will collapse altogether their exit will be an enormous blow to them.

The Premiership can be disapointing at times as I think too many of the lesser sides still respect Man UTD too much. Teams go to Old Trafford and are beaten before kick off, merely because of Man UTD's reputation and the fact some of the old player and personel, who were great 5 years ago but are now in decline, are still around.

When Daglish left and Souness took over we had our problems. We suffered a few shock defeats and the rest of the league smelled blood, and soon sides like Sheff UTD and Coventry were turning us over. The same is potentially about to happen to Man UTD, and all it will take for somebody like Bolton to get the ball rolling.

I think your about right with this one JBG, united are picking points up in the league for 2 reasons
1) there are some woeful sides in the premiership that anyone half decent will brush aside.
2) The air of invincibility due to the last 10 years is making opposing managers play defensive systems and playing right into there hands.

Its no coincidence that united are struggling consistently in Europe, where the teams have a bit more quality (even the poorer sides like Benfica)

The comparison with Brian Clough is also imo spot on, the stubborness that they are always right is/was ok when the team is sweeping all before them but not when you are falling further behind the top clubs with every season.

If the glazers are indeed the business men everybody suggested Ferguson will be gone before the end of the season.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:47 pm

I think Ferguson is in for a big shock. He talks about "building a new" team and staying at Old Trafford "for another three years" as if the decision is entirely down to him.

It will cost Man UTD at least £40million of well spent money to make themselves competitive again......and when I say "well spent" I mean Ferguson picking up absolute quality for that amount. I reckon thats the limit of the Glaziers budget for any spending spree and would probably be dependent on losing some of the dead wood and at least one big name, namely a Ferdinand or RVN.

However, Ferguson's transfer record has been patchy at times and if I were the owner of Man UTD who had a huge debt to repay after recently buying the club, I wouldn't exactly trust Ferguson with the money. If the Glaziers start to think that Ferguson's time will soon come to an end, they won't give Ferguson much money but will save it for his successor instead.

Despite looking like a family of leprachauns the Glaziers are not stupid. They are good businessmen and sentimentality won't stop them axing Ferguson in the blink of an eye if UTD start to struggle after Xmas.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:03 pm

If Man Utd are goin to have  aserious change in personnel, i.e Fergie and backroom team, then i can't envisage them leaving until the summer time when the new manager can start afresh with new transfers and a whole new set-up.

Expect Capello or even Mourinho to be tempted by BIG offers.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:23 pm

To mark their exit from European football for this season, there will be a minutes laugh at every ground before all of this weekend's matches!   

Fans at all grounds are expected to observe it impeccably!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:01 pm

:laugh: can we have a minutes applause too
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:04 pm

come on Wigan
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:53 am

Still laughing over the press hate us piece by Fergie.
What a classic, i guess after reading so much hype and biased :censored: the truth must really hurt that much :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:15 pm

back on track they say they are at school. After two fecking wins! how times have changed...
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion