Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:44 pm

Yes
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:53 pm

Scholes apparently has been ruled out for the rest of the season because of his eye injury. Thats a bad blow for them. Scholes hasn't been himself but he could have come good and delivered 5-7 important goals in the run in.

Major boost to us, I think.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:57 pm

i still don't know why they brought two defenders when it's clear for all to see that they need two central midfielders.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:51 pm

Well hopefully we witnessed another nail in the coffin today
They are for me fast beginning to resemble Liverpool of 90s
Still have some  star players but alot of cadre which gave them so much success has gone and hasnt been adequately replaced to be able to mount a serious and sustained challenge
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:24 pm

can anyone quite believe they are only 7 points behind Chelski,with Chelski to play.....I'm shocked to be honest, because on the times i've seen them this season,they have looked shíte and their worst team for years.......:angry: :angry:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:27 pm

They are only close cos Chelski are having their bad patch.. we'll be closer to the top, next season then they will be, of that we can be confident..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:50 pm

I agree Phil, cant believe it!  where did that lead go?
To be fair they are playing some excellent stuff. Attacking all over the park.
Joe Cole was on tv saying how they want the league and the f.a. cup to make up for the disappointment of the champions league exit- They get more cocky by the day. Still want them to beat united tho-Fergies celebrations rile me
     Just thinking how loosing in the champions league must have really hurt Chelsea, them being champions they know they need to be in that final,and they wont be called a great team until they win it. They should take a leaf outve our book and humble down.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:36 am

I have to eat some humble pie and say that, once again, Ferguson has made his critics look like fools.

To get a side featuring John O' Shea and Darren Fletcher as its central midfielders so close to the running is nothing short of miraculous!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:09 pm

I see what you mean there Alex lad.
There is no decline there, they hadnt a man like Graeme Souness at the helm, to do it his way.
The big 4 clubs have all the best men in charge now...next season will be very interesting .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:28 am

I feel this could be Ferguson's last season at United,he's not been impressive in the transfer market recently and with the lack of silverware i think it might be his time to go.Even though he is a Knob he is a great manager and they'll struggle to replace him.
Last edited by H_K_LFC on Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:12 am

They certainly surprised me with their efforts, couldnt believe that got 3 points away at Bolton

I still standby the claim they are in decline and are just punching above their weight at the moment, the bubble has to burst soon....................i hope
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:53 am

This may go down as being one of his greatest challenges, just for what rubbish is on the squad.  As much as I hate him/Manure, what SAF is getting out of Park/Parker/O'shea/ and others is absolutely fabulous. 

As much as I hate his :censored: guts, he is doing a stellar job this last half of the season.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:02 am

its changed since giggs went into the centre of midfield. hes lost the pace to go no the wings but can read a game well. O'Shea was always gonna look like a better centre mid than defender.
The real challenge for them will come next season if ronaldo leaves and also if someone puts in a crazy money offer for horse or rooney the yanks may well wanna cash in
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:24 am

If the truth is told, Manchester United have been declining since their treble win in 1999. Players like Giggs, Scholes and Neville have all aged since then and are only half the player they were and SAF (s)*i*e youth policy & bad transfer buys has meant that United are struggling to replace their old players with younger players and as you can see it's speeding up their decline.

They couldn't even make it out of the group stage of the Champions League. That tells it's own story.
48-1119859832

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 am

The w*nkbags are only above us because they have had fre-scoring strikers all season, whereas we have had several droughts.

We are a much better team in all but the striking department, and only a complete loon would argue otherwise.

Let's kick some scum a*s next season! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion