Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:12 pm

I think the ending of the Vodafone deal is a definate sign that the OLd TRafford REdsox are in major decline and after all of his good work fergie is starting to make them a laughing stock, even Vodafone have been taking the piss in recent radio adverts saying along the lines of "Football lasts 90 minutes unless you're Man Utd and playing at old trafford in which case it lasts 94 minutes" (CLASS). :D

As the old cliche goes (god i hate cliches they're so bollox) success in football goes round in cycles and ManUres is coming to an end.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:35 pm

I watched their game last night.

In the first 10 to 15 minutes they were mezmerising, playing ducks and drakes with Villareal's defence, but once Villa settled down, they always looked confortable, and Man UTD were increasingly desperate towards the end.

Of course, Villareal are a good team, no mistake about that, but the Man UTD of 3 or 4 years ago would have easily cruised to a 2-0 or 3-0 victory against sides like Villareal.

I wasn't impressed by UTD at all, and thats not old fashioned Manc baiting. They had no leadership whatsoever. It all leads back to the Roy Keane thing. ITV were talking about Gary Neville when he came on as being a "leader". Jeez, desperation stakes.

They have some very good forward players, with exceptional technique but their shape is all wrong. Ronaldo keeps drifting inside, leaving them with little width. The UTD of old always blasted you through the wings.

Scholes is also a problem. He still has all the skills, but he has lost his zip. Scholes hardly managed to get into the opposition box at all.

Their defenders are good on the ball but are not particularly good without the ball. Ferdinand, O' Shea and Silvestre's reading of the game and positioning are relatively weak, and it will cost UTD.

UTD now remind me a bit of Roy Evans' Liverpool side. They are very attractive going forward, with one forward who is a goal machine. They have some defenders who are very good on the ball but are prone to mistakes, and they have a powderpuff central midfield.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:25 pm

I'm watching Man UTD as I write this and they are 1-2 away to Benfica in the Champions League. UTd were a shambles tonight, but the game is loose and they could sneak it yet. The permutations are strange, the commentator is saying a draw might do them.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:52 pm

Man USA are out of Europe!!! :D :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:55 pm

I might even treat myself to a tabloid tomorrow!!! :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:57 pm

Did people see Ryan Gigg's reaction when he was substituted? He started shouting at Ferguson and was pointing at Christiano Ronaldo.

UTD are in trouble, but thats what years of arrogance and hubris gets you.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:07 pm

I saw that, but I didn't know who he was pointing/yelling at.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:14 pm

A.B. wrote:I saw that, but I didn't know who he was pointing/yelling at.

I think he was asking why Ronaldo wasn't taken off ahead of him.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:36 pm

TNS got closer to Big Ears this year than Man Usa did:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:42 pm

:D :D :D :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:43 pm

loving every minute of it :D :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:48 pm

:D
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:54 pm

I'm sad for Manure. They are such a great team, and still no go through the group stage :O

FU** SERVES THEM RIGHT :laugh:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:10 am

Slap it up them,Ive no sympathy for them and its plain to see they arent the team they were.
Just thinking tho,Have they really declined as far as everyone thinks? Id say its more the rise of chelsea and the vast improvement in us and others that make it look worse,theyd be top of the league and probably favourites to win it ,if not for chelsea. They are still well capable of playing good football,especially going forward,and if he does manage to fill the keane position...who knows ,hes no mug that Fergie fella.Ive struck the final blow on them many times and had to eat my words-bastidz I really hope its a lot more serious for them than i think.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:06 am

I put the game on seen it was 1-0 turned it off again, then turned it back on 75 mins  seen 2-1 always thought they would get a dodgey goal back, but it wasnt to be thankfully :D
Oh they think the CL has lost all its quality cause if a cr@p team like Liverpool can win it its not worth entering lol. :D

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=97283
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion