Are manchester united really in decline?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Yup...there in a decline!!!

Man Utd fans flood switchboard, Keane livid as interview pulled
tribalfootball.com - November 1, 2005

Manchester United captain Roy Keane was reportedly "livid" after his scathing assessment of his team's performance at Middlesbrough was dropped by MUTV last night.

The Mirror says he was informed of United's decision to pull the interview last night and was said to be "livid" at the situation, accusing the club of being afraid to accept the realities of their current failings.

United's switchboard was jammed with MUTV viewers demanding to know why the post-match inquest with Keane had been pulled from the schedule and replaced with a repeat of a reserve game.

Keane turned on six teammates in his attack - with John O'Shea, Alan Smith, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher, Liam Miller and Rio Ferdinand all believed to have been in his sights.

The United skipper, out injured, said Smith, who is currently deputising for him in central midfield, was not suitable for the role.

Keane did not hold back with his withering criticism of Richardson, who gave away a penalty against Middlesbrough, and is alleged to have slammed the young England star's approach.

Fletcher and Keane's fellow Irish international Miller were also included in his fierce outburst, the young midfielders being told they were not up to the standard expected at United.

And Rio Ferdinand, who was hauled off in humiliating fashion with four minutes left after an abject display, was also alleged to have been criticised by Keane for his part in the goals United conceded.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:39 pm

united lose in champions league and look very poor indeed,its their worst start since 1994 and might struggle to get out of the group
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:32 pm

United have some great players, Rooney Van Nistelrooy and Heinze are world class players, and Ronaldo is not far off it as well.
But with Scholes and Keane on the way out and no obvious replacements they look very ordinary.
Having a midfield that has players like Fletcher Richardson & Smith for them is shocking and its giving me something to laugh about watching Fergie lose the plot more and more.
They are in dire need of 2 centre mids, and at the time we have Stevie Xabi Didi and Momo it makes it all the funnier.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:01 pm

The problem is that Sir Alex Fergusen doens thave a group of players who have gelled and are as hungry as he did all those years ago. Im talking about the old academy of Beckham, Giggs ect....Although they can still boast to have 2 of the best strikers in the world in their squad, we all know that strikers are just 2 players in a aqaud of eleven. Financially i dont see Man Utd ever making big buys again. The simply dont have the funds. And i dont see Malcolm Glazer risking more debt to a side that is slowly wiltering away. I think the piurchase of PJ Sung said it all. There was a time when so many world class players like Figo and Ronaldo were all linked with Man Utd back in thei prime. But now they settle the like of PJ Sung who is in my opinion no better than perhaps Igor Biscan. Can look good sometimes but other wise just looks lost and confused.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:04 pm

fergie made two massive mistakes in selling jap stam and david beckham for "non footballing reasons". stam was the best in the world when they let him go and beckham still hasn't been replaced.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:37 pm

Good point. Its true since Beckham left they havent won a single peice of silverware. Ironically neither has Beckham. But when your own skipper is sayiong things like

"I cant see why people in Scotland make such a fuss about Darren Fletcher" then you really do have problems. I think the Man Utd board will have the decency to allow Fergusen step down rather than sack him. After all he did the the title "Sir" added to his name becasue of how well he done.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:43 pm

I think its the end of the hairdryer it must be on low speed and blowing out a bit of warm air, they are in a decline probably its an end to an era for about the last 3 years. But like us we didnt accept it either when it happened, success goes round in circles and their whole team apart from 3-4 players needs rebuilding.
Fergie has taken them far enough and I dont think he will stay and bother to rebuild them again.
Scholes, Keane, Giggs all in their 30s now and they will find these players very hard to replace ecspecially since they have never replaced Beckham.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:15 pm

Keane said that Ferdinand should be sold in January. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:25 pm

A.B. wrote:Keane said that Ferdinand should be sold in January. :D

:D They where so sh.it last night though, even Rio looked incredibly slower then Pellegrino :D .
Its funny that their best player is a 19 year old scouser whom they will turn to to save their skin this season and they hate everything scouse.
I hope he leaves and says I want to go to a club to win things, how ironic once a blue always a blue, once a scouser never a manc. :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:32 pm

i thought manure were great. uefa cup is calling for them :D

most of their fans are blaming carlos queer-ar$e :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby drummerphil » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:16 pm

are they in decline ???? Roy Keane seems to think so :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:07 pm

Yes the mancs are in decline, they haven't won the league in two years and have won less than us in that period. They have way too many ordinary players, especially at the back where rio is massively over-rated and when injuries hit they are very dodgy.

How low they will go depends on their trading at close season, fergie has to stop spending all his funds on big name players and focus on rebuilding a squad.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:35 pm

Man Utd ....virtually out of the Champions league tonight,and wont even qualify for the knock out stage.,they have to beat Benfica away and hope. :laugh: :laugh:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:40 pm

They can go through if they get a draw with Benfica and if Villareal lose I beleive.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm

Vodafone hangs up on Man Utd shirt sponsorship
Wed 23 Nov, 1:20 PM

LONDON (Reuters) - Mobile phone giant Vodafone Group is ending a four-year shirt sponsorship deal with football club Manchester United, which is worth about 9.0 million pounds per year.

The world's largest mobile phone company by revenue and the Premier League club said in a joint statement on Wednesday that the deal, which only began last season, would be terminated at the end of the 2005/2006 season.

"Initial soundings and discussions with a number of world class potential partners have been very encouraging and we are confident of securing a new deal in the coming months," Manchester United said in a separate statement.

Is the end nigh?
Vodafone wanted out of the deal, the Glazers will be looking for new investers, I reckon its going to be something American, Budweiser or something.
Vodafone have said they have marketed enough through Man U and dont need them to advertise for them any more.
Big money loss this is for them.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion