All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 am wrote:Once again, like against Napoli, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet. Once again we had the lack of creativity and speed needed against a quick and talented team. Once again we were plodding and slow in midfield and our forwards were forced to come deeper to get the ball. There is definitely a pattern emerging which causes great concern.
I love Klopp but he really worries me with his stubbornness and faith in something that clearly doesnt work.
:no

Look who it is, Thommo. He's barely posted recently during our excellent run but as soon as we lose a match he's lighting up the forum with his posts!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:09 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:29 am wrote:Once again, like against Napoli, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet. Once again we had the lack of creativity and speed needed against a quick and talented team. Once again we were plodding and slow in midfield and our forwards were forced to come deeper to get the ball. There is definitely a pattern emerging which causes great concern.
I love Klopp but he really worries me with his stubbornness and faith in something that clearly doesnt work.
:no

Look who it is, Thommo. He's barely posted recently during our excellent run but as soon as we lose a match he's lighting up the forum with his posts!

That’s Thommo, likes a good grumble  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks for the comments guys, you really cheered me up there!
I take the point, but what Im saying is true. I tend to have the old fashioned opinion that when we are playing well I dont really need to say anything because its what should be happening. Occasionally I will praise someone for their outstanding contribution, but I was brought up in an era when we dominated and didnt compliment players for doing what was expected.
I admit that I do like a bit of a moan, but its usually because Im concerned that things are happening that probably shouldnt be, hence the comment about the midfield decision.
:cool:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:43 am wrote:Thanks for the comments guys, you really cheered me up there!
I take the point, but what Im saying is true. I tend to have the old fashioned opinion that when we are playing well I dont really need to say anything because its what should be happening. Occasionally I will praise someone for their outstanding contribution, but I was brought up in an era when we dominated and didnt compliment players for doing what was expected.
I admit that I do like a bit of a moan, but its usually because Im concerned that things are happening that probably shouldnt be, hence the comment about the midfield decision.

I myself was just trying to be funny  :down:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Thommo  I’d never of guessed that you like a good moan prior to that somewhat alarming admission !!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

:rasp
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:30 pm

From a supporters perspective, the league cup is a day at wembley and a chance to win a trophy, so to get knocked out so easily, whilst not being heartbreaking for you, is still very annoying for me. I sincerely hope he wont do the same in the fa cup, which is why I made the point in the first place.
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:26 am

Klopp says a virus spread through the squad and is why the team was so different. If true you can’t blame him for his lineup.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:31 pm

fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Crystal Palace press conference

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:26 am

Pressure is on Klopp now.

Not sure many will forgive him if we let this slip after he made the decision to let Clyne go on loan and not bring in another CB as cover over January.

Make no mistake he will have some sleepless nights as our next game must be a win no matter what.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 am

City have had their slip ups and it was almost inevitable that we were going to drop points unexpectedly as well.

Loaning out Clyne with hindsight is looking like a poor decision but let’s face it not many of us ever thought he was the quality we needed in that position. Letting Clyne go out on loan however wasn’t the main reason we dropped points against Leicester and West Ham. Luck was always going to play a part and losing key players to injury definitely hasn’t helped. Yes we should have had a penalty against Leicester and yes our only goal last night was so far offside that a linesman with eighty percent vision would have put his flag up. The reason we dropped points in both those games was simple for all to see. Nerves played a part but a non creative mid field an a forward line that has lost its spark we’re the key reasons.

Instead of absurdly suggesting that fans won’t forgive Klopp for loaning out Clyne we should get behind Klopp and the team and be grateful for what we have achieved so far. After 25 matches last season we were 18 points behind City and a 27 goal inferior difference. Who would have believed that at the same stage this season that we would be 3 points ahead of City and close to them on goal difference ??
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:16 am

devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 am wrote:City have had their slip ups and it was almost inevitable that we were going to drop points unexpectedly as well.

Loaning out Clyne with hindsight is looking like a poor decision but let’s face it not many of us ever thought he was the quality we needed in that position. Letting Clyne go out on loan however wasn’t the main reason we dropped points against Leicester and West Ham. Luck was always going to play a part and losing key players to injury definitely hasn’t helped. Yes we should have had a penalty against Leicester and yes our only goal last night was so far offside that a linesman with eighty percent vision would have put his flag up. The reason we dropped points in both those games was simple for all to see. Nerves played a part but a non creative mid field an a forward line that has lost its spark we’re the key reasons.

Instead of absurdly suggesting that fans won’t forgive Klopp for loaning out Clyne we should get behind Klopp and the team and be grateful for what we have achieved so far. After 25 matches last season we were 18 points behind City and a 27 goal inferior difference. Who would have believed that at the same stage this season that we would be 3 points ahead of City and close to them on goal difference ??

Well said - a bit of common sense at last in the midst of doom and gloom overreacting
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:57 am

devaney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 am wrote:City have had their slip ups and it was almost inevitable that we were going to drop points unexpectedly as well.

Mate if you watch the games City lost points it is a total different world to what we are showing..They play to WIN ,we play not to LOSE...That's a world of difference..
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion