ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:47 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm wrote:While I share everyone's frustration with Moreno, I don't think Klopp will be forced into panic buying a left back he doesn't want. And, let's be honest, we've had our hands stung too many times by this in the past - Balotelli anyone?

I think Klopp has one or two players in mind, but if he can't get them then I can see him using Milner or Gomez at left back.

Yeah Klopp seems to like Milner's honest approach and I think he's got him pencilled in for that LB slot this season.

I think he knows who he wants to bring in, but sadly they're not available or their club is unwilling to sell. That's not to say Klopp will bring in someone else, but I think he will not be rushed. I accept some find this annoying, but I like the sensible approach.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Hard to tell if Klopp rates Moreno or is just towing the club line, no more money available or anyone available is considered over priced which is possible given they wouldnt put £10m down for Chilwell.

My guess would be Klopp is a manager that doesnt like using large slices of his budget on defenders, Matip free, Klavan £5m, Karius £5m thats about as much as he can stomach.

Can see us making do in the hope he can improve Moreno, convert Milner or groom Gomez short term and look at the market again in January.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:57 pm

parchpea » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:53 pm wrote:Hard to tell if Klopp rates Moreno or is just towing the club line, no more money available or anyone available is considered over priced which is possible given they wouldnt put £10m down for Chilwell.

My guess would be Klopp is a manager that doesnt like using large slices of his budget on defenders, Matip free, Klavan £5m, Karius £5m thats about as much as he can stomach.

Can see us making do in the hope he can improve Moreno, convert Milner or groom Gomez short term and look at the market again in January.

It will be Milner, Klopp was talking the other day about how stoic 'Milly' is, Klopp likes him and I think Milner is a bit of a leader behind the scene's as well so I can see him playing LB this season.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Would be ironic is Milner does become a full back, given that he left City because he wanted more games in the centre of midfield  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:34 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm wrote:Would be ironic is Milner does become a full back, given that he left City because he wanted more games in the centre of midfield  :D

Milner has already been quoted today in the press that JK has asked him to play left back this season, his quotes...

“We had a conversation about it and I told him it’s not my favourite position and not one I particularly like playing, but he’s the manager and if he wants me to play there, I’ll play there,”

"I don’t like playing there (left-back) but I will give you the best that I can and if that’s needed I will play there."

“The team comes first, always has, always will. Throughout my career you have to play in different positions. I’m probably a good player for a manager to have because I fill in in a number of positions.”

link.. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-11754186
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:09 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 pm wrote:Would be ironic is Milner does become a full back, given that he left City because he wanted more games in the centre of midfield  :D

I think his main gripe at City was that he was a bit part player, if he's starting every game (even as a left back) I think he'll be happy enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:55 pm

C-R » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:34 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm wrote:Would be ironic is Milner does become a full back, given that he left City because he wanted more games in the centre of midfield  :D

Milner has already been quoted today in the press that JK has asked him to play left back this season, his quotes...

“We had a conversation about it and I told him it’s not my favourite position and not one I particularly like playing, but he’s the manager and if he wants me to play there, I’ll play there,”

"I don’t like playing there (left-back) but I will give you the best that I can and if that’s needed I will play there."

“The team comes first, always has, always will. Throughout my career you have to play in different positions. I’m probably a good player for a manager to have because I fill in in a number of positions.”

link.. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... o-11754186

Strange a team of our caliber is forced to play players out of their natural position...surely a quality LB is their for the signing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Moreno is not going to improve because he is braindead  :nod He tries to do everything at breakneck speed except thinking and that's always going to cost us like it did on Sunday. He's literally just picked up where he left off last season and he just has to be dropped from here on in.

Flanno would do a much better job and dare I say it  :lookaround Enrique.

Gomez is listed as having a calf/shin injury and is due back sept 10th.   Milner is back this weekend so hopefully he will hold that spot until then.

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:07 pm wrote:Would be ironic is Milner does become a full back, given that he left City because he wanted more games in the centre of midfield  :D

I think his main gripe at City was that he was a bit part player, if he's starting every game (even as a left back) I think he'll be happy enough.

I think he will be a bit part player here as well Yakka.  You wouldn't drop any of our midfield for him if they are fit and he won't last long week in week out playing LB so it will be rotation with Moreno until Gomez comes back and hopefully is given a chance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 pm

I agree, Milner will struggle to find a place in the midfield, especially with Grujic and Can showing promise. Will be interesting to see how he does at left back, but he'll end up being a bench filler on a £125k a week wage...
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Moreno has been given more than enough opportunities to prove himself and Defensively he's come up short.

We need to show some real ambition, given that we've brought more money in than we've spent this window we shouldn't be afraid to splash some cash to solve our "problem" at left back.

If it was up to me I'd open the cheque book to sign Rodriguez at Wolfsburg .

Other options would be Di Sciglio (Milan), Bertrand (Southampton) or even to try and re-open negotiations for Hector (Cologne).

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:42 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:07 pm wrote:Moreno has been given more than enough opportunities to prove himself and Defensively he's come up short.

We need to show some real ambition, given that we've brought more money in than we've spent this window we shouldn't be afraid to splash some cash to solve our "problem" at left back.

If it was up to me I'd open the cheque book to sign Rodriguez at Wolfsburg .

Other options would be Di Sciglio (Milan), Bertrand (Southampton) or even to try and re-open negotiations for Hector (Cologne).

Hector signed a new contract a couple of weeks back, so think that has ended any possible transfer. Would like to see Rodriguez though, he looks the business
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:22 pm

He is such rubbish. Id take any bench warmer from another premier league club over this turd. Says it all when the manager plays Milner ahead of him
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:51 pm

I dont follow other teams, so I am really ignorant of what players are out there? But surely, in the wide world of football, there is a left back that is better than moreno? Even in the premiership or the championship there has to be decent left backs who arent as bad as him? I cant believe it hasnt been the priority, considering how awful he was last season? Look at how he performed against arsenal - truly, embarrassingly, predictably shocking! Does the manager really believe he will stop being such a liability and change into a class player??
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Moreno makes basic errors but we have suffered defensively for a long time now and a big part of that is the philosophy of managers we hire, very attack minded.

When you think under Rodgers and Klopp no big investment in a defensive midfielder protecting that back line and yet sucessive Premiership champs had an in form Matic and Kante key pieces in those sides, yet we continue with this flexible midfield, patching it up in there. United have made a player in that position a world record signing.

With either of those in front of our back line, or maybe both if Benitez was our manager, then Moreno may look a different proposition all together. He needs to do better for sure as you have to work within the structure deployed by the manager but it cant always be easy being a defender at Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Interesting to hear Carra say that when a right side midfielder is playing in your left side of defence role, your time must be up... :suspect:
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion