ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Get out. Just get out

We'd probably send him back to Spain and he'd somehow end up in China given his tendency to go wondering. First job of a defender is to defend. Sick of this modern day full back b0llocks where going forward compensates for a lack of ability to play as part of a back 4

Someone here said Hector looked like a Steve Finnan. I'd take half a Steve Finnan over this fraud - at least he knew his role and consistently performed week in week out, meanwhile Moreno is trying to find new ways of f***ing things up
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby mramo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Just not working for him.

He needs to be immediately replaced (not so much as transferred out). He was so reckless and responsible for almost going a goal down to actually going a goal down minutes later. In addition to the penalty concede, he was well out of position hoping for a counter press (until lallana was dispossessed of the ball).  Walcott cooly placed it in.

As of replacements Hector has signed a multi year contract so I don't see him coming.
mramo

Postby Penguins » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:04 pm

Pure garbage, not much else to say.
He will cost us points if he plays.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Doesn't get enough protection from Coutinho but that's no excuse. We'll need a new LB asap but I'd keep him as backup because I can see him improving in years to come. Preferably an experienced LB who is defensively solid and can teach Moreno a thing or two.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:32 am

Awful, simply awful.

Klopp needs to bring in a LB now, no nonsense sort it out or we will leak points because of him.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:17 am

We still have time and must react. I really hope we get this sorted out.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:08 am

I have been defending Moreno. But I must admit his errors instead of his form are getting more consistent.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:15 am

aCe' » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:18 pm wrote:Doesn't get enough protection from Coutinho but that's no excuse. We'll need a new LB asap but I'd keep him as backup because I can see him improving in years to come. Preferably an experienced LB who is defensively solid and can teach Moreno a thing or two.

At one point Coutinho was left back because Moreno had went for a wander

I'm not convinced he can learn unfortunately
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:43 am

Like many players Moreno needs to be in the right team and its not Liverpool.

Only way to cover his reckless positioning is to shove either 3 centre backs in or two purely holding midfield players and thats not happening any time soon under Klopp.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:01 am

He's brilliant at recovering some of his errors with his pace but my god he is a awful defender and a massive liability. I was screaming at the jumping challange he did in the box in the first half... He won the ball but it was so rash and unnecessary in a dangerous area. I was with my old man and I was saying "he's braindead, we need to get him off before he does something stupid" then practically 2 minutes later he gives away a penaty through another rubbish tackle!! Luckily they miss the penalty, but Moreno bring braindead decides to run around like a headless chicken to make up for his error and gets caught out of position halfway up the field trying to win a header he's never gonna win in a million years ... and Walcott uses the empty space Moreno has left and then it's 1-0.

He needs to go immediately before he does anymore damage.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:50 am

Moreno is absolutely shocking, not even premiership standard, hes a top class athlete but hasn't got brain cell in his head and is a truly awful football player how Klopp is continuing to persist with him whilst selling every other left back option we have is beyond me. We simply must buy a new left back, preferably two so that we can give this clown the boot, at this point id settle just for one someone whose steady and can do the basics.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:41 am

Gomez - stick him at left back and drop this muppet to the bench
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:48 am

When is Gomez back??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:30 pm

While I share everyone's frustration with Moreno, I don't think Klopp will be forced into panic buying a left back he doesn't want. And, let's be honest, we've had our hands stung too many times by this in the past - Balotelli anyone?

I think Klopp has one or two players in mind, but if he can't get them then I can see him using Milner or Gomez at left back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:47 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm wrote:While I share everyone's frustration with Moreno, I don't think Klopp will be forced into panic buying a left back he doesn't want. And, let's be honest, we've had our hands stung too many times by this in the past - Balotelli anyone?

I think Klopp has one or two players in mind, but if he can't get them then I can see him using Milner or Gomez at left back.

Yeah Klopp seems to like Milner's honest approach and I think he's got him pencilled in for that LB slot this season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion