ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:48 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 pm wrote:hes awful, has literally not talent what so ever. He's very quick and works hard but he has no intelligence, cant defend to save his life and his final ball is terrible. I would put Brad Smith in ahead of him to see how he does, at least he can cross the ball.

Smith is making plenty of errors himself it's just that the standard of opposition he is playing against aren't good enough to punish those errors. F[uck]ing up against Exeter is one thing, f[uck]ing up against the likes of City and Arsenal who have a lot more firepower up front than a 38 year old Clinton Morrison is an entirely different kettle of fish altogether.
Moreno is a good young fullback but young players make mistakes, that is just a fact of football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Good post Yakka.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:48 pm wrote:
Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 pm wrote:hes awful, has literally not talent what so ever. He's very quick and works hard but he has no intelligence, cant defend to save his life and his final ball is terrible. I would put Brad Smith in ahead of him to see how he does, at least he can cross the ball.

Smith is making plenty of errors himself it's just that the standard of opposition he is playing against aren't good enough to punish those errors. F[uck]ing up against Exeter is one thing, f[uck]ing up against the likes of City and Arsenal who have a lot more firepower up front than a 38 year old Clinton Morrison is an entirely different kettle of fish altogether.
Moreno is a good young fullback but young players make mistakes, that is just a fact of football.

Your correct young players do make mistakes which you can allow for but Moreno makes constant basic errors you wouldn't expect from a school boy pretty much every game, he completely rely's on his pace to bail him out of trouble which will only get you so far. His positioning is woeful, his game intelligence non existent, crossing awful, shooting average, he gives away stupid fouls, he's weak, isn't brave and just isnt a competent footballer full stop! he has bags of pace, gets up and down the line all day and generally has a good attitude but he's never good enough in a million years to be first team regular regardless of his age, he just isnt good enough.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:18 pm

A harsh assessment Fowler!

At the end of last season I might have agreed with you out of frustration with him.

I don't think there's any doubt he's improving though.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:16 pm

He has improved a little but the problem with judging a young player like him is the people about him. Hes got the job of bombing on and getting back to defend and its not an easy role to play particularly in our team with a slow middle 3 and ponderous centre backs.

Ive seen lower league full backs in the same system and they always get pelters for being out of position but they are risking everything providing width but then getting battered for not defending correctly.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:44 am

Smith didn't even look good defensively for the U21. Always been good at attacking but often the weak link at the back.    Far to risky to play him against Stoke when a cup final is at stake. Give him a start in the FA Cup game against West Ham.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:10 am

Don't think he's that good myself, Like fowler says he has plenty of pace and heart but behind it all he isn't good enough. Far too rash for me and doesn't look to have the discipline to be a great player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Think my point was proven last night, he was shambolic, Carra crucified him in the studio last night and rightfully so, he has no discipline and simply has no clue how to defend.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:31 pm

I'm not sure why Carragher was criticising him for following Walters across in behind Sakho and blocking the shot? What else could he have done? Body checked him before he ran in behind and given away a foul so they could launch a ball into our box? Maybe I missed something.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Loved the way Klopp hounded him on the touchline after making an error!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:05 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:57 am wrote:Think my point was proved last night, he was shambolic, Carra crucified in the studio last night and rightfully so, has no discipline and simply has no clue how to defend.

Harsh words, but they're all sadly true.

Moreno has no footballing brains and his crossing is woeful. Why does he take corners? Why is he even here.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:57 am

JC_81 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:18 pm wrote:A harsh assessment Fowler!

At the end of last season I might have agreed with you out of frustration with him.

I don't think there's any doubt he's improving though.

I don't think its a harsh assessment.

He is an awful defender, not even that great attacking wise too. I'll give you enthusiasm and work rate, but he is a Glen Johnson 2.0
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 am

Fed up slagging this lad off. He is ***** and unless he changes completely he will cause us even more problems in the future
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 am wrote:Fed up slagging this lad off. He is ***** and unless he changes completely he will cause us even more problems in the future

I hate ragging on our players, i really do, but your right, it has taken me a long time to see it

I keep thinking back to "that goal" he scored against Spurs, but with the exception of that and his blistering pace he has nothing

He cannot defend properly, his crossing his worse than mine, if any club offered 10 million or above i would sell in a heartbeat
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:45 am

C-R » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:59 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 am wrote:Fed up slagging this lad off. He is ***** and unless he changes completely he will cause us even more problems in the future

I hate ragging on our players, i really do, but your right, it has taken me a long time to see it

I keep thinking back to "that goal" he scored against Spurs, but with the exception of that and his blistering pace he has nothing

He cannot defend properly, his crossing his worse than mine, if any club offered 10 million or above i would sell in a heartbeat

I'd f*cking snap their arms off for 4mil. He is beyond Sh*t.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion