ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Don't rate the lad that highly, never have to be honest. His tackling is fine, but his positioning, crossing and shooting is all bang average.

If Madrid offered us our money back then i'd move him on as soon as we have a replacement lined up (Enrique isn't up to it anymore) however if we were offered daft money(20m) then I'd ship him out ASAP. Especially after these quotes from his agent...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:53 pm

His agent says something about Moreno being happy to play for Madrid if an offer came in and now some are calling for Moreno's head   :laugh:

Personally I fail to see what the fuss is all about, surely we know that for most Spanish (and many other) players going to the likes of Madrid or Barca is something they've dreamed of since they first started kicking a ball about ?

I like the lad and hope he stays but If he goes then he goes, so what ? we just buy ourselves another left back.

Meanwhile as long as he's here and putting in a shift I'll support him, no need for the drama queens amongst us to start getting their knickers in a twist

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm

His awareness is poor and in particular at the back post where hes often ball watching.

I have come round to liking him again though and feel that if he can iron out a couple of glitches with experience hes worth keeping assuming he does continue to show development.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:24 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:53 am wrote:His agent says something about Moreno being happy to play for Madrid if an offer came in and now some are calling for Moreno's head   :laugh:

Personally I fail to see what the fuss is all about, surely we know that for most Spanish (and many other) players going to the likes of Madrid or Barca is something they've dreamed of since they first started kicking a ball about ?

I like the lad and hope he stays but If he goes then he goes, so what ? we just buy ourselves another left back.

Meanwhile as long as he's here and putting in a shift I'll support him, no need for the drama queens amongst us to start getting their knickers in a twist

It's not the quotes....it's the fact he's bang average. If Real came knocking with a 20m bid then I'd be driving him to the airport sooner than he could say "Que?"  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:33 am

Maybe "bang average" at present, which is why I say if he goes we just buy ourselves another left back, don't see what the fuss is about.

Having said that , at only 22 I think there's bags of potential in Moreno and I'm convinced Klopp can turn him into a far more than average FB.

PS. Thiery Henri, who knows a bit about footy, has just described him as recently "looking like a young Roberto Carlos"  !   :wwww   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:16 am

Decent effort for the disallowed goal, but hes too much of a poser for me, who likes to admire his own work.
The foul throw was embarrassing as well
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:47 pm

At least hes consistently bad?
He is a liability and two goals both came from his side. It wasnt all his fault as Clyne should have done something to stop the first goal, but rolling round like a bell end after being tapped on the foot only showed where his priorities lie
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:46 pm

He has gone backwards this year. We definitely need a genuine competitor with him at LB, not a makeshift one, and not Enrique. I would actually like Smith to get a decent run of games there to see if he cuts the mustard.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:57 am

Played really well last night and shut down the threat of Shaquiri brilliantly.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Problem with him is consistency. If his head is in the game, he generally plays unreal. But keeping his head in the game is a massive problem.

I would like to see him play a winger role against Exeter. Put Brad Smith at LB.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:14 am

The guy is no defender.  Uses his pace now and again to get back and make cracking last ditch tackles but doesn't have the game to actually prevent danger in the first place.

Not a good enough defender and not consistently good enough going forward to be a wide player imo. I know he's young but he has a hell of a lot of work to do on the training pitch if he is going to carve out a career with us
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:57 am

I can see Moreno at Barce or one of the two Madrid teams in the future.

Going forward he has really come on, evidenced by his stat this season of most chances created in the league for a defender.

Defensively he is found wanting on occasion, especially when it comes to crosses to the far post when he's defending there in the LB spot. In Spain he wouldn't be up against those crosses nearly as much and if he played for one of the big sides over there he'd be attacking a lot more than he'd have to defend. It would suit him far better.

He's still young so I expect situations such as the rush of blood to concede the pen v Norwich will become less common as his career progresses.

At the moment I feel he's on an upward trajectory though and I think we'll make a profit on him and he'll go back to Spain to play for a big side over there in the next few years. Hopefully we'll replace him with someone more suited to this league.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:15 pm

If Real Madrid come knocking...    £45m
anyone else...  £20m
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 pm

He's a good player, yes he makes rash decisions every now and then but as JC says he's still young and learning his trade.
At his age he will only get better.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:15 pm

hes awful, has literally no talent what so ever. He's very quick and works hard but he has no game intelligence, cant defend to save his life and his final ball is terrible. I would put Brad Smith in ahead of him to see how he does, at least he can cross the ball.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion