ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:52 pm

No comments since April?
He has improved slightly, but once again caused us to concede a goal. He needs to grow a pair of balls and stop being the biggest sh'ithouse in the league.
When you come out publicly and slate the ex manager then you should back it up in your performance?
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Don't rate him personally. His defensive positioning is poor and he's bang average when it comes to going forward too.

Most of his crosses miss their intended targets and he he can't do sh!te with his right foot.

However, he's the best option we have for now and think Klopp will stuck with him until the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:13 pm

He can be very very dynamic in one game and very average in another. Doesn't seem to have the sense of good positioning when defending. Clyne is more solid in defending but I think Moreno offers more in attack. I think he has potential to improve...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:21 pm

We have to understand that Moreno is quite young and is an attacking fullback.

Add that to the fact that last season he was coached by someone who does not know how to coach the defensive aspects of the game ........

Moreno has started the season well under Klopp. The last thing he needs is criticism from the likes of carra and company.

Klopp is an awesome manager. He will set things rite. Before long, Moreno will be the best leftback in this league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:26 pm

The_Rock » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:21 pm wrote:We have to understand that Moreno is quite young and is an attacking fullback.

Add that to the fact that last season he was coached by someone who does not know how to coach the defensive aspects of the game ........

Moreno has started the season well under Klopp. The last thing he needs is criticism from the likes of carra and company.

Klopp is an awesome manager. He will set things rite. Before long, Moreno will be the best leftback in this league.

Lets hope the manager can encourage a pair of testicles to grow in Morenos body because at this moment hes got a fanny?
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby JC_81 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:25 pm

His recovery pace has got us out of trouble in the last few games. He's great at chasing someone down and getting a good fair challenge in.

Unfortunately though I agree his play coming forward is quite average and he just doesn't isn't physical enough. He let Ramires run off him to score yesterday. If he attacks the ball himself he clears it.

Long term I doubt he's the answer at left back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:58 pm

I think there's a decent player there, obviously he needs a bit of work on the defensive side of his game but that will come with experience. I was impressed with both of our fullbacks yesterday tbh, they both did well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:21 pm

He was very poor for the goal getting caught ball watching. But I think he had improved a lot from last season. He also seems like a boss lad. I like him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:09 pm

JC_81 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 am wrote:His recovery pace has got us out of trouble in the last few games. He's great at chasing someone down and getting a good fair challenge in.

Unfortunately though I agree his play coming forward is quite average and he just doesn't isn't physical enough. He let Ramires run off him to score yesterday. If he attacks the ball himself he clears it.

Long term I doubt he's the answer at left back.

He shouldn't have to make the recovery and that is the problem. Good attacking fullbacks know when to track back, unfortunately he doesn't do this. He bombs up to the corner flag and stays there.

We need a genuine defense first LB, but that will probably have to wait until the Summer window as there are other areas that need strengthening.

His only decent run forward he should have finished like his Tottenham goal, across the keeper not at him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:00 am

Some aspects of his game remind me of G.Johnson. He isnt the best defensively but what he does offer is excellent positioning higher up the pitch. He needs to improve down both ends of the pitch to remain a starter in the side long term and I feel he has until the end of this season to show significant signs of progression. We'll almost certainly be buying a left fullback in the summer; whether we buy a starter or backup for Moreno depends on how he performs from here on out.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:39 pm

I'll give him the benefit of being a young lad but I haven't been too happy with him so far. Not only does he lack the physical strength (and sometimes a pair) to be a good defender, he also seems to lack the ability to think. I always cringe at the way he handles one-on-ones, and the way he backs off from crosses and doesn't attempt to block them is inexcusable for a fullback. These things are down to neither physical strength nor courage, they're down to not being smart enough. He's OK going forward, he's fast and can have some good runs every now and then, but his crossing is pretty much hit and hope most of the time.

Like I said, I won't pass the verdict on him yet as he's still young, but if he wants to keep playing for us he'll need to greatly improve his game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:38 am

I like him but as depth. My dream left back is Mattia De Sciglio, absolute beast defender and get get forward. Moreno would be a nice back up for him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:59 am

There's lots of room for improvement from Moreno but I feel the basics are there. I think we should give him the rest of the season under Klopps guidance before we start to write him off.

This chase and tackle were superb

:buttrock

Better view >>>>>     https://youtu.be/-sF1j5LCd4k

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Moreno seems to always have a breakthrough on goal id be interested to see how quick he is.

He does seem to be caught out of position but is great at tracking back and making last ditch tackles.

Coach him the right way and I think he will be a fantastic player for us

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:00 pm

With his speed, it's quite possible that some smarty pants at the club may try him higher up on the pitch in midfield.
As you know, we now have a few smarty pants at the club
  :nod
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion