ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:38 am

Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:07 pm wrote:The lad is completely average.

Since Rodgers has come in he's swapped Reina for Mig no let... Agger for Lovren or Sahko... and Enrique for Moreno.

Now, he's replaced Suarez with Balotelli, people wonder why we're going backwards! :( ???

Reina was no great loss, he was a shadow of the player he once was and like Suarez he had his eye on the exit door and basically engineered the move away from the club himself.
The only player from your list that I do lament going is Daniel Agger, he showed a hell of a lot of loyalty when everyone else was jumping ship and his answer to Barcelona's interest was to get YNWA tattooed across his knuckles. Danny did struggle against big physical opponents but if he had the right CB partner next to him I think at only 29 he still had 5 years left in him as a top CB. We sold Agger thinking Lovren was the answer when he quite clearly isn't.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:02 am

Reina was no great loss? He was a top quality keeper who occassionally struggled behind a shocking defence lad. Not even going to mention the "replacement". If you think the likes of Mig no let are even in the same galaxy as Reina then you need not only your eyes testing, but your head as well. Then you mention he wanted to leave? Looks like he wanted to leave mate because he realised what a f*cking muppet Rodgers was. Same reason Suarez wanted out.

Onto Agger, his injuries were always a worry, but what makes me laugh is you then state Lovren as being the problem. Its clear from slating these two you wouldn't know a decent player if one jumped up and bit you on the *****. Lovren is surrounded by muppets at the back, not to mention the lack of organisation and quality around and infront of him. Had Rodgers played Agger with Lovren we'd have probably seen improvement. The weird thing is, it now seems our fans have the same mentality as the club in that we have to sell decent players to buy them, its almost like people don't want us to have two good players in the same side, they seem to think when we have one, we should sell one and replace them with another....

I'll tell you how to improve, its simple, you keep your good players, and add more. You sell the not so good ones. Very simple.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 am

He's actually getting worse
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Like all the players at the minute he is consumed with fear and trepidation. He will grow in confidence if he allows himself to play through the fear.
What he musnt ever do again though is turn his back like a little sh'ithouse when someone is shooting at our goal.
Put your body on the line and take one in the face for the team next time Alberto!
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am wrote:He's actually getting worse

Although, not yet dropped to the level of performance Enrique attempted to pass off as an 'appearance' a couple of weeks ago  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:59 am wrote:He's actually getting worse

Although, not yet dropped to the level of performance Enrique attempted to pass off as an 'appearance' a couple of weeks ago  :;):

Jose has something that resembles an excuse mate, out for over a year... Moreno is a poor man's Johnson I'm afraid. Typical Rodgers signing.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Fucking hell Stu,you would have to travel to find a poor man's Johnson lad  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:Fucking hell Stu,you would have to travel to find a poor man's Johnson lad  :laugh:

Unfortunately it seems Rodgers didn't have too though… :(

On saying that at least the lad shows an ounce of enthusiasm if nothing else so the comparison is probably a bit harsh
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:07 am

Never seen a player out of position so much.

Truely woeful player and I can't believe he's still being picked.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Agree Stu, his positioning and general awareness of what is around him is shocking at times. Think he relies a bit too much on his pace with his defending and has to go back and learn the basics of defending. Sometimes quite obvious he is a winger converted to a full back and I prefer my full backs to be good defenders first then good at supporting attacks
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:07 pm wrote:Never seen a player out of position so much.

Truely woeful player and I can't believe he's still being picked.

Stu, rest his soul, was right about this lad when a lot of us thought he looked half decent.

Moreno can't defend to save his life and is found wanting time after time especially in big games.  He was an absolute disgrace in the Arsenal game and not for the first time this season.  He offers little in the final third in an attacking sense too.  Wonder strike v Spurs aside, what has he done?  His efforts are usually speculative and he can't beat a man or get a cross in. Get rid.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm getting so angry watching this kid at the moment. He has no balls on the ball and just plays side and back passes all game. He never plays forward passes, never attacks the fullback, and never takes gambles! Put that with the fact he can't defend to save his life, and we have a woeful player.

He's cost us 2 goals vs Utd and 1 vs City and Arsenal.. he needs to improve.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Moreno alongside Markovic are the two biggest frauds in the squash, pacey players with absolutely nothing else to their games. Moreno is so bad defensively that he had become a liability, he is constantly caught out of position and can barely do the basics like standing his man up, if he was Roberto Carlos going forward that might be some consolation but he's pretty average doing that too, he has very little end product in the final third.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Clearly a winger converted to a wing back and defensively a car crash at the moment.  Needs serious improvement defensively or is never going to make it.  Shows good glimpses going forward but just not enough of them. If we are planning on keeping him, he  needs to spend this summer putting in some serious work into his game to give himself a chance next season
Doeboy

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:Like all the players at the minute he is consumed with fear and trepidation. He will grow in confidence if he allows himself to play through the fear.
What he musnt ever do again though is turn his back like a little sh'ithouse when someone is shooting at our goal.
Put your body on the line and take one in the face for the team next time Alberto!

I said this in November
Dont think theres been any improvement?
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion