This boring old f@rts........ - Annual plea for peace

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:50 pm

PSML  :laugh:

Ok I will. But photoshopped. I don't have troubles to show the faces but I feel ashamed of how I dressed back then pretending to be up to date..  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:56 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

nail on the head there i think, woof. i've been guilty of it myself to be honest with peewee and bamaga man. of course, the rational side of me realises its a waste of time, ruins threads, and that its silly to begin or prolong a fight with you don't even know properly. we can't possibly really know what each other is like via a forum so basing a dislike on written views which lack all the nuance of spoken conversation is a bit stupid. the only person i can say i do know a little bit more is sabre having once met for a quick beer and he's a genuinely nice and generous guy with a slightly bizarre head. ( :D )

i'm sure if i met peewee or bamaga man in person without knowing them from the forum we'd get along fine. at least until peewee started banging on about his education and his success and bamaga started falling out with whoever it was peewee was arguing with. many of my real life close friends have views i don't agree with but its easy to let it slide.

a forum lacks all that real life subtlety that makes getting along with people easier. all we have to go on is frequently clashing views and things can get heated very quickly. the fact that no one is going to give you a slap via the web makes having any kind of fight a piece of p!ss and no (male or female) bo'llocks are at all necessary. however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

it must be either the subject matter being discussed, the way fighting is dealt with, or the million to one chance that most of us are a bunch of belligerent and moody knob heads.

I think it's the million to one chance Andy, we are all at times moody belligerent k'nob heads, with the exception of Sabre who is of course excused anyway due to his bizarre medical condition.

:D

pmsl  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:10 pm

however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

It's because a football forum.

The only thing that can rival in bitching is a Linux forum, I've been in forums that you're banned instantly if your question was touched 2 months ago and you didn't use the search button.

In fact I've only been banned in a linux forum :D

If you visit a forum of surfers,  botanists, car drivers or whatever it won't happen. When you're a fan of those things you don't have the feelings you have as a football fan. That is, it's difficult to go to work after a defeat against Manchester United, and getting emotional about it, where as it's more difficult a heated debate about what surfing board you like most.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Sabre wrote:
however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

It's because a football forum.

The only thing that can rival in bitching is a Linux forum, I've been in forums that you're banned instantly if your question was touched 2 months ago and you didn't use the search button.

In fact I've only been banned in a linux forum :D

If you visit a forum of surfers,  botanists, car drivers or whatever it won't happen. When you're a fan of those things you don't have the feelings you have as a football fan. That is, it's difficult to go to work after a defeat against Manchester United, and getting emotional about it, where as it's more difficult a heated debate about what surfing board you like most.

A mate of my wife swears that her knitting forum, of all places, gets rather heated.  I asked her if people called each other kunts on a daily basis on the knitting site and she thought not.  So, football forums are rougher places than knitting forums.  FACT. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:41 pm

bigmick wrote:BTW the picture does look a bit like Ciggs too, though Leon's obviously been hitting it too hard in pre-season goalie training by the look of that. He looks like he's slimmed down too much and lost his "definition" :D

Funny you should say that, but I have een doing exactly the same. :D

Few more months till I can call the flab definition however.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Judge wrote:
bigmick wrote:BTW the picture does look a bit like Ciggs too,

i was looking at the bike  :D

thats what he meant

only kidding ciggy

:rasp
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Lee J wrote:only kidding ciggy

says Lee J , fearful Ciggy might use his nuts in a game of conkers. 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:56 pm

The debate about the state of the forum, the job of the mod's, etc.. is a recurring one, as is the plea for sanity - but this forum will always attract nutters, and the people who say the forum's a sh!thole and is run by dictators/monkeys, keep coming back and keep moaning, when after all - it's only the internet, nobody died. I think it's fine as it is, the mod's are reasonable and keep it much calmer than it used to be.
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Big Mick do you sell these ballys in your shop? I want to get a pair for leon :D

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Ciggy wrote:Big Mick do you sell these ballys in your shop? I want to get a pair for leon :D

:laugh:

Salty Sock with glasses .  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Big Mick do you sell these ballys in your shop? I want to get a pair for leon :D

:laugh:

Salty Sock with glasses .  :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

PMSL :laugh:

Look at the way hes standing in the pic on the right looks like he''s got piles.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:10 pm

:laugh: , either that or he's just trying to get judges attention.    :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 pm

Hey Ciggs, don't joke about the old Rockfords mate. Fecking unpleasant when they come to town, like a bunch of grapes hanging out of your jacksy :( :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:16 pm

woof woof ! wrote: :laugh: , either that or he's just trying to get judges attention.    :laugh:

HA HA

Image :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:25 am

PMSL at Salty Sock Cappello! :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum