The dude is in the building! - Peace n love y'all

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dude Love » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:21 am

NO, THAT SMELL AIN'T FROM THE CAT WHIZZIN ON THE CARPET AGAIN, THE DUDE IS IN THE BUILDING AND HE WANTS SOME LOVE!

IN BETWEEN ROADIE'N', BOOZIN AND SNOOZIN I TRY TO FIT SOME TIME INTO THE DUDES BUSY SCHEDULE BY WATCHIN SOME FOOTIE AND I'VE BEEN A LIVERPOOL MAN EVER SINCE JOHN WARK PUKED ON ME NAN'S SOFA AFTER A MARATHON SESSION IN THE GRATTAN.

ANYWAYS, A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ALL ME HOMIES AND CAN SOMEONE POINT ME IN THE DIRECTION OF THE HONIES? :buttrock

AND WHOSE :censored: I GOTTA KISS ROUND HERE TO GET MESELF A BEER?   :help
Don't do drugs kids - there's hardly enough for us adults as there is!
Dude Love

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:11 am

hello. turn your caps off for starters. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:49 am

So he got banned for caps usage?
SupitsJonF

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:29 am

why did he get banned.... made a coupla decent posts ddnt see anything wrong with what he said.. a lil too flashy but ddnt know u got banned for that ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 am

i dont remember seeing him insult or abuse or do anything that warrants a card. or am i missing something ???
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:46 am

Hmmm i think he got banned for continuous usage of the caps lock button , mods must have warned him and he carried on , just a hunch
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:04 am

Anyone who says DUDE apart from dawson needs banning, wtf Honies & Homies wasnt aware that this was a rap forum  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonsnow » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am

Maybe the dude was Dawson. Channel4 news sources state that Capital Letters should not be used all the time, with 54% believing this strongly. 12% would like to see mroe people say dude, whereas only 6% think Honies is a respectable term for the fairer sex.

Now over to Ulrika for the weather.
jonsnow

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 am

Jeez, fellas, this place really has gone to the dogs. What did this new fella do to get banned? ??? The moderation of this forum for the past year has been a joke, frankly. You got two or three moderators who do absolutely nothing and one or two who seem to have nothing else to do with their lives other than moderate the forum and its showing.

I mean back in my day we were far from perfect but the moderation is absolutely all over the place now. What gives?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:43 am

bring back JBG  :buttrock
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 am

When I left as a moderator I told myself I wouldn't criticise the mod team and by and large, other than sending a PM to them over a year ago about Peewee being a moderator I have left them to it despite my own feeling that the moderation here has been a farce for the past 18 months but recently I find myself having to agree with Peewee (and thats saying something :D ) that the moderation on newkit has gone to the dogs and back.

I know for a FACT from my time as a moderator that one or two mods DO NOT MODERATE at all in so far as they post regularly but do not partake in daily moderating duties. Whats the point in continuing with these moderators if they arent bothering with moderating?

Furthermore members have no clue nowadays whether or not they are going to get banned, warned or whether their threads or posts are liable to be closed, there's no consistency.

I mean closing Saints thread last week (I was away and am only commenting in hindsight) was a bad call, IMO. While I certainly disagree with what Saint said the thread had not deteriorated into WWIII as Bob said and BOb didn't seem to appreciate that Saint is a long standing and respected member and while what he posted was certainly controversial the reaction to his post was mature and balanced and the thread should have been given a chance to see where it was going. OK, if it deteriorated into a slanging match then close it but the point was it hadn;t and if the moderators actually paid attention to what was being said in the thread they would have saw that the posters who posted in it, while disagreeing with what Saint was saying, respected Saint as a poster and there was no evidence that the thread was going to go downhill.

Furthermore Ciggy ended up leaving the forum over Stu and that was a blunder of the highest order from the moderating team. Stu was a problem back when I was a poster and the solution was to ban him completely unless he could guarantee that he would post without abusing people. So, when he comes back, what does he do? Abuse Ciggy personally about her child and its Ciggy who ends up going, not Stu.

Now that not right.

I'm not saying that to be popular or anything. I'm not great mates with Ciggy and she'll be the first to admit herself that occasionally she sails close to the wind but you have to back up a long standing member like her over a fool like Stu.

As for this Dude Love character, maybe he's a windup, but I read his posts this morning and saw no evidence of any rule breaking and all of his posts were good natured and friendly in tone, so why does he get banned? If it was on the basis of some moderator thinking him to be a "windup merchant" then obviously plenty of other "comic" characters deserve to be banned as well. I mean, whats the difference between johnsnow and Dude Love?

In my day it was obvious that The Manhattan Project was a person prepared to take a comic slant on things but we had a sense of humour and thought nothing wrong with that. Yet, logically, if Dude Love is banned then Manhattan should be banned as well! Nonsense!

Anyway, was it not the thinking that windup merchants were people who were deliberately on here to cause trouble? In my day, by and large, comic posters where left alone provided they didn't cause trouble.

I know I don't participate much in football discussion these days as often I don;t have the time or have simply nothing interesting to say but I've always loved Newkit and thats why I still visit here. But it needs to be said, the moderation here at times (not from all moderators mind) has been farcicial and one or two of the moderators need to get out more and live their lives, not patrolling these boards 24/7 closing threads and banning harmless idiots left right and centre.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonsnow » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:17 am

The difference between myself and Dude Love is breeding dear boy. That was a pleasent editorial by yourself JBG, I shall pass on your notes to the head of Channel4 to see if they have a position for you amongst our staff.

Well said sir.
jonsnow

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 am

this is ridiculous - banning him.
and deleting a thread too.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am

jonsnow wrote:The difference between myself and Dude Love is breeding dear boy. That was a pleasent editorial by yourself JBG, I shall pass on your notes to the head of Channel4 to see if they have a position for you amongst our staff.

Well said sir.

:laugh:

My point exactly!

Right on Snow!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:this is ridiculous - banning him.
and deleting a thread too.

you are ridiculous for being a ridiculous person  :D

I have to agree on some that this dude came on friendly terms to this forum, had some really funny comments, maybe the mods got it wrong?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum