A plea from a visiting supporter

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby oakley_pars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:42 pm

hello all, i am a visiting supporter from scottish spl club dunfermline athletic. I come on is need of your support and ask you to read and sign the below petition i have set up

cheers in advance

http://www.petitiononline.com/plastic1/petition.html
oakley_pars

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:47 pm

Sure I've signed it, what is the plastic pitch anyway i've never seen one in professional terms such as for a football club?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakley_pars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:49 pm

it was a state of the art artifical surface that we have had for the last 2 years as an experiment for uefa. The spl board gave it the thumbs up to start with but now because rangers dont like it they are bowing down to peer pressure and telling us to get rid!!
oakley_pars

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:53 pm

To be honest I think the SPL are scared Rangers (and Celtic) want to play english football so they will do anything to keep them even if it means giving them everything they want.

So is this pitch like astro turf or something?
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakley_pars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:00 pm

no nothing like it its more like real grass, they are now fifa approved and bayern munich are installing one this year and the san siro are looking to put one in. Fifa also say they will be used in future world cups. Good enough for the best teams in the world but not good enough for the $hitty spl!!
oakley_pars

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:07 pm

Did rangers complain about it or something and if so why?
Also when Craig Bellamy was on loan at Celtic he was advised not to play on that pitch why is this also?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakley_pars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:12 pm

rangers thought we had an unfair advantage over them as we played on it more regularly ( even though their murray park training complex has had the surfaces for over 3 years). Bellamy was advised not to play on it because the club said it would be bad for the knee injury he had not long recovered from (bull$hit!!). As part of the experiment we had to do regular reports as to how it compered to grass and injuries were down 20% due to it being an even surface all year round, i.e no pot holes, divets bare patches etc...
oakley_pars

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:51 pm

I see. It's good injuries are down 20% from it, maybe we should get one so harry kewell can play  :glare: . Also its good that it is flat so it doesn't have freak goals such as stan collymore's a couple of seasons ago where their was divot and it bounced over the keeper. If anything these pitches are better for the game.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakley_pars » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:56 pm

that was our argument, and you can bet they will be widespread in 3 years time
oakley_pars

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:25 pm

Well I hope plastic pitches won't be widespread in 3 years
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Piewhack » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:41 pm

I think they might be like the ones at the 'Pitz' Powerleauge on scotland road.. not as rigid as astro turf.. but strips of green plastic and all that black rubbercrumb stuff as a substitute soil.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:00 pm

Guy's, part's of Anfield have this synthetic stuff duh!

I watched a program on it before, you can't tell the difference from looking or touching, that's how close it is to real grass, I bet not many people know there is a few patches of it on our Anfield pitch.

Also about Rangers, I'm a Gers fan myself, but I have to admitt that is incredibly selfish. Make them pay for it. However said about the SFA being scared of Rangers and Celtic, that BS, because the only way the will get into English football is if the FA let them, until they say so, it's a no go.
Last edited by Gareth G on Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum