This boring old f@rts........ - Annual plea for peace

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:46 am

maybe the urge to respond needs to be controlled then, peewee. you do tend to go for the american style 'shock and awe' retaliation - if someone has a dig at you your response will border on the vicious. its exactly the same as bigmick said earlier in this thread - a spat will only evolve if both parties are inclined to fight.

same as with barry the new puritan, i'm observing (rightly or wrongly) not criticising - and i'm aware i've been guilty of doing the same myself before anyone accuses me of trying to be too goody goody.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am

peewee wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The debate about the state of the forum, the job of the mod's, etc.. is a recurring one, as is the plea for sanity - but this forum will always attract nutters, and the people who say the forum's a sh!thole and is run by dictators/monkeys, keep coming back and keep moaning, when after all - it's only the internet, nobody died. I think it's fine as it is, the mod's are reasonable and keep it much calmer than it used to be.

:laugh:   picking up on a comment that was made before you were even a member (yet you still claim you are not an alter ego), and dont forget the "its only the internet" comment was made by your buddy JBG, i see many people have had their say yet you choose to focus on me. this obsession you have with me will have to stop, its bad for your health, obviously its bad for your mental health,  its quite laughable and sad that you choose to raise comments from such a long time ago to try and score brownie points, you must write them down and store them somewhere to try and prove how clever you are later (after all they wont show up on your google search)

you know, you really are the saddest tw@t on this or any forum, like you say "its only the internet" so why the desire to get involved in things that don't concern you and why the desire to try and prove you know something about everything (by the way i am still waiting for you to call my company to check my position), oh yeah you wont do that will you as it will prove you wrong and we all know narcissists could not deal with that.

you stick to trying to impress the less educated on here mate, they might even believe you have some intelligence while the rest of us will just continue to see how fake you are, i mean what sort of person logs on during the night to try and find faults, hey its only the internet   
:laugh:

get yourself a job and a girlfriend son, do yourself a favour, you are the cause of most of the problems on here by stirring it but once again the offender slips under the radar of the mods.

Enough.
You need to wind your neck in. The fella made no direct reference to you and is not having a go at YOU ! . If you're so f'ucking paranoid that you think he is , then kindly keep it to yourself , the rest of the forum are tired of virtually every thread you're involved in turning into a bitch slapping contest.

Sort yourself out .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:49 am

andy_g wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
andy_g wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

nail on the head there i think, woof. i've been guilty of it myself to be honest with peewee and bamaga man. of course, the rational side of me realises its a waste of time, ruins threads, and that its silly to begin or prolong a fight with you don't even know properly. we can't possibly really know what each other is like via a forum so basing a dislike on written views which lack all the nuance of spoken conversation is a bit stupid. the only person i can say i do know a little bit more is sabre having once met for a quick beer and he's a genuinely nice and generous guy with a slightly bizarre head. ( :D )

i'm sure if i met peewee or bamaga man in person without knowing them from the forum we'd get along fine. at least until peewee started banging on about his education and his success and bamaga started falling out with whoever it was peewee was arguing with. many of my real life close friends have views i don't agree with but its easy to let it slide.

a forum lacks all that real life subtlety that makes getting along with people easier. all we have to go on is frequently clashing views and things can get heated very quickly. the fact that no one is going to give you a slap via the web makes having any kind of fight a piece of p!ss and no (male or female) bo'llocks are at all necessary. however, for some reason i can't put my finger on the reason that this site breeds arguments and bitching where other non football forums i visit are havens of peace and friendship.

it must be either the subject matter being discussed, the way fighting is dealt with, or the million to one chance that most of us are a bunch of belligerent and moody knob heads.

Didnt know you was hung up on me, I've only spoken with you once or twice.

Maybe me arguing with whoever Peewee argues with is the same with you and you Spanish friend hey.  :;):   :nod

i was being light hearted about the whole thing there bamaga - or at least trying to. i was just remembering the most recent person i've had any kind of dispute or run in with - no hang ups.

not sure what you mean with the sabre comment  - apart from a bit of tit-for-tat - but it's not something that really bothers me. i'm not into getting into any more silly internet spats and there are already warning signs that this thread is inevitably heading that way.

Okay Andy, use a fecking smiley then  :angry:  :D

But what you said is probably true about meeting people on here in real life. I'd probably in truth get on with your Spanish buddy.
66-1112520797

Postby andy_g » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:54 am

Bamaga man wrote:Okay Andy, use a fecking smiley then  :angry:  :D

But what you said is probably true about meeting people on here in real life. I'd probably in truth get on with your Spanish buddy.

yeah, the feckin smiley issue. i generally don't use them on here for the same reason i don't pull a goofy 'look at me i'm joking' face everytime i'm cracking on with my mates. i know it can lead to things being misconstrued but there's never one that properly sums up my complex and sophisticated thought processes.

and he's not my buddy, ok. i just used him for a free beer and a nice chorizo. (judge, don't even go there - you're the worst).

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 am

you dont pull funny face when joking in real life? i always say wah waaaah when im joking (sounds better when said, not typed)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:55 am

and he's not my buddy, ok. i just used him for a free beer and a nice chorizo. (judge, don't even go there - you're the worst).

:down:

background music: Drama music, black and white 1920 film.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:58 am

TAGGART SAYS!
THERES GOONNA BE A MURBDER!!
:D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:38 pm

A psychiatrist would have his work cut out dealing with you lot, although nothing that a little electroshock treatment couldn't fix. :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:02 pm

peewee wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:The debate about the state of the forum, the job of the mod's, etc.. is a recurring one, as is the plea for sanity - but this forum will always attract nutters, and the people who say the forum's a sh!thole and is run by dictators/monkeys, keep coming back and keep moaning, when after all - it's only the internet, nobody died. I think it's fine as it is, the mod's are reasonable and keep it much calmer than it used to be.

:laugh:   picking up on a comment that was made before you were even a member (yet you still claim you are not an alter ego), and dont forget the "its only the internet" comment was made by your buddy JBG, i see many people have had their say yet you choose to focus on me. this obsession you have with me will have to stop, its bad for your health, obviously its bad for your mental health,  its quite laughable and sad that you choose to raise comments from such a long time ago to try and score brownie points, you must write them down and store them somewhere to try and prove how clever you are later (after all they wont show up on your google search)

you know, you really are the saddest tw@t on this or any forum, like you say "its only the internet" so why the desire to get involved in things that don't concern you and why the desire to try and prove you know something about everything (by the way i am still waiting for you to call my company to check my position), oh yeah you wont do that will you as it will prove you wrong and we all know narcissists could not deal with that.

you stick to trying to impress the less educated on here mate, they might even believe you have some intelligence while the rest of us will just continue to see how fake you are, i mean what sort of person logs on during the night to try and find faults, hey its only the internet   
:laugh:

get yourself a job and a girlfriend son, do yourself a favour, you are the cause of most of the problems on here by stirring it but once again the offender slips under the radar of the mods.

What the fuck are you on sunshine?
LFC2007

Postby laza » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 pm

andy_g wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Okay Andy, use a fecking smiley then  :angry:  :D

yeah, the feckin smiley issue. i generally don't use them on here for the same reason i don't pull a goofy 'look at me i'm joking' face everytime i'm cracking on with my mates. i know it can lead to things being misconstrued but there's never one that properly sums up my complex and sophisticated thought processes.

well fu'ck you  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:45 pm

s@int wrote:A psychiatrist would have his work cut out dealing with you lot, although nothing that a little electroshock treatment couldn't fix. :D

maybe the electric chair would be a more useful remedy for some of you though  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:11 pm

s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:A psychiatrist would have his work cut out dealing with you lot, although nothing that a little electroshock treatment couldn't fix. :D

maybe the electric chair would be a more useful remedy for some of you though  :D

Thats true myself, yes theres times when I need some form of treatment. The other night Dalglish responded to a post from LFC2007 and I just went on one. Not without reason, I still stand by why I did, but it was unjust, and very unfair. To Dalglish (Ian) I apologise. It seemed like I put you very much in the wrong when everyone knows you werent. And also to LFC2007. I should have kept my opinions to myself rather than cause aggravation and a strain on the eyes of other readers of this forum. For my part, I will consider more the other users of this forum.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:04 am

this site reminds me of a movie/game......im trying to recall the title...i think its ''stay alive''. :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 pm

maypax - why have you two yellows mate ?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum