This boring old f@rts........ - Annual plea for peace

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:14 am

i dont think the issue is whether all the mods are on or whether one mod is on, i think the issue comes down to the standard of moderating. like i already said if everyone on here was treated the same then i am sure it would be a happier place. i already gave on example, me and lando were both banned for two weeks while others have done much worse both before and after that without so much as a card being issued, and these posters are not just doing it once, they are doing it continually because they know they will get away with it.

a little bit of equality gentlemen will go a long way to making the forum a much nicer place, while people get away with it then they will do it, its human nature
112-1077774096

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 am

peewee wrote:
red37 wrote:
peewee wrote:a few idiots does not constitute 'the world'    :D

Who the f*ck is that comment intended for?

obviously intended for the forum idiots.

Thanks for the clarification. For a moment there i thought you'd got your knickers in a twist again.

As for the issue you mentioned regarding last week....the matter was under control by another one of the lads. Im of the opinion that they were entitled to deal with it as they saw fit. My own two-pennorth on that instance isn't relevant now - save to say, read into that what you will concerning my thoughts of it and how the situation might have been resolved otherwise.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:17 am

Moved in here.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am

Image this thread
Last edited by Judge on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am

Judge wrote:Image this thread

???  Why ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am

Typical mods...... never see them for weeks and then when we do...... they only come on to start trouble! :D

Back on topic, I think part of the problem at the moment is the way posts are getting picked apart by a few who seem to delight in taking things out of context or over reacting to others views. We certainly seem to have a number of small feuds going on as well, with certain posters just replying to wind each other up.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:39 am

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:For me, time on forums is generally a few snatched ten minutes sessions throughout the working day and maybe a couple of nights a week limited to an hour or so. Work constraints (selling a phone and a blackberry once a week now peewee) have made it this way for the last 18 - 24 months.

When this limited time is taken up, its in this order:

1) reading moaning PM's/report to moderators posts
2) checking the mods section to see if the issue has been dealt with
3) dealing with an issue and letting the otehr lads know
4) skimming the active threads for any issues
5) dealing with issues/duplications etc
6) reading the interesting topics
6) posting my own thoughts on stuff

So as you can see theres little or no time to be active and the moderator role becomes all consuming.

Added to this, my usual self (narky sarky fuc.ker) has to "curb" it a little and cant respond to stuff with one liners like I usually would cus then your moaned at and a bad moderator.

Sadly as a mod, your damned if you do, and damned if you dont. I am sure anyone who has done so before will agree with me here.

how expected, just focusing on my name while others have also posted.

i have said it before and i will say it again,nobody forces you to be a mod and if you don't have time to do it properly then give someone else a go. i m sure saint would make a good mod. i love it when the mods come on and complain about being mods when nobody is forcing them to do it    :oops:

Loosen up will yer lad.

I was taking the :censored: as you do with the phone seller :censored: - insinuating that I had moved up in the world by now selling blackberries as well.

This is the problem with too many people on here - they want to argue more than they want to debate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:40 am

woof woof ! wrote:

???  Why ?

dunno, just like the emoticon  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 am

Judge wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

???  Why ?

dunno, just like the emoticon  :p

:laugh:

So do I    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:48 am

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:50 am

peewee wrote:i dont think the issue is whether all the mods are on or whether one mod is on, i think the issue comes down to the standard of moderating. like i already said if everyone on here was treated the same then i am sure it would be a happier place. i already gave on example, me and lando were both banned for two weeks while others have done much worse both before and after that without so much as a card being issued, and these posters are not just doing it once, they are doing it continually because they know they will get away with it.

a little bit of equality gentlemen will go a long way to making the forum a much nicer place, while people get away with it then they will do it, its human nature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNeiTmW-jo
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:54 am

s@int wrote:Back on topic, I think part of the problem at the moment is the way posts are getting picked apart by a few who seem to delight in taking things out of context or over reacting to others views. We certainly seem to have a number of small feuds going on as well, with certain posters just replying to wind each other up.

Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

Perhaps us mods should consider stamping harder on persistent fire starters.

???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 am

Just ban me MODS or give me some warning cards to shut crying fuckin @rse up.

I did get a warning from BB last week for your information.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:Back on topic, I think part of the problem at the moment is the way posts are getting picked apart by a few who seem to delight in taking things out of context or over reacting to others views. We certainly seem to have a number of small feuds going on as well, with certain posters just replying to wind each other up.

Unfortunately many of the "small feuds" are in fact rooted in small grievances that some members just can't get over. The stored enmity tinges almost every post they make when responding to those they harbor a grudge against. It's juvenile and tiresome and certainly time and again f'ucks up thread after thread.

Perhaps us mods should consider stamping harder on persistent fire starters.

???

Yes Sir

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Perhaps us mods should consider stamping harder on persistent fire starters.

???

AND SPAMMERS

:nod
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum