Postby red37 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:1) reading moaning PM's/report to moderators posts
2) checking the mods section to see if the issue has been dealt with
3) dealing with an issue and letting the otehr lads know
4) skimming the active threads for any issues
5) dealing with issues/duplications etc
6) reading the interesting topics
6) posting my own thoughts on stuff

Sadly as a mod, your damned if you do, and damned if you dont. I am sure anyone who has done so before will agree with me here.

This.

By the way - how much for a Blackberry by crimbo?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:24 am

Mod's are like buses..... don't see one for ages then 3 come along at once :D

Seriously, I do appreciate that a lot of what you do is behind the scenes, it may just be that with holidays, work etc we just haven't seen more actual presence on the forum lately.
account deleted by request

Postby A.B. 08 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 am

s@int wrote:Mod's are like buses..... don't see one for ages then 3 come along at once :D

Seriously, I do appreciate that a lot of what you do is behind the scenes, it may just be that with holidays, work etc we just haven't seen more actual presence on the forum lately.

plus the widespread negativity with anything connected with LFC.Makes you want to ignore certain forums.  :D
A.B. 08

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:For me, time on forums is generally a few snatched ten minutes sessions throughout the working day and maybe a couple of nights a week limited to an hour or so. Work constraints (selling a phone and a blackberry once a week now peewee) have made it this way for the last 18 - 24 months.

When this limited time is taken up, its in this order:

1) reading moaning PM's/report to moderators posts

So as you can see theres little or no time to be active and the moderator role becomes all consuming.

Added to this, my usual self (narky sarky fuc.ker) has to "curb" it a little and cant respond to stuff with one liners like I usually would cus then your moaned at and a bad moderator.

Sadly as a mod, your damned if you do, and damned if you dont. I am sure anyone who has done so before will agree with me here.

how expected, just focusing on my name while others have also posted.

i have said it before and i will say it again,nobody forces you to be a mod and if you don't have time to do it properly then give someone else a go. i m sure saint would make a good mod. i love it when the mods come on and complain about being mods when nobody is forcing them to do it    :oops:
112-1077774096

Postby A.B. 08 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:For me, time on forums is generally a few snatched ten minutes sessions throughout the working day and maybe a couple of nights a week limited to an hour or so. Work constraints (selling a phone and a blackberry once a week now peewee) have made it this way for the last 18 - 24 months.

So as you can see theres little or no time to be active and the moderator role becomes all consuming.

Added to this, my usual self (narky sarky fuc.ker) has to "curb" it a little and cant respond to stuff with one liners like I usually would cus then your moaned at and a bad moderator.

i have said it before and i will say it again,nobody forces you to be a mod and if you don't have time to do it properly then give someone else a go. i m sure saint would make a good mod. i love it when the mods come on and complain about being mods when nobody is forcing them to do it    :oops:

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Round 201,178. Peevee vs the World.

:D
A.B. 08

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 am

A.B. 08 wrote:
peewee wrote:

Meowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Round 201,178. Peevee vs the World.

a few idiots does not constitute 'the world'    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:54 am

Peewee suggests

i m sure saint would make a good mod

Interesting. :) In some opinions about the forum he has seen things radically different to me (which is nice), but I wouldn't mind to see him as a mod.

For selfish reasons of course, he wouldn't have the time to post about Alonso any more

What a pity he doesn't want to be a mod :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

peewee wrote:a few idiots does not constitute 'the world'    :D

Who the f*ck is that comment intended for?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

s@int wrote:I'm not complaining about their decisions Sabre ....... just their lack of presence on the site. Apart from BabBob (who seems to be working his b0llocks off) I can't recall the last post I read from any of the others, apart from Red who made a brief appearance in this thread.

Lack of presence on the site ?

I'm on here for at least 3-4 hours virtually every day and have been for the last 4 years 11 months. In addition I see at least 3 other mods popping in and out during the course of the day.To suggest there is a lack of presence by the mods is imo way off the mark.

Certainly as a mod for a number of reasons I find myself less inclined to post, maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm bored, maybe I've just got nothing to say on a particular day/week. Not that I'm complaining but I do find it a bit rich that  despite putting in a regular shift and dealing with all the sh'ite and bitch fights that take place mods are now being taken to task for not posting enough.

:talktothehand

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 am

Unfortunately circumstances dictate that I can't be on here as much as I used to be at the moment. Until I get internet installed at home again I can only be on here 3-4 hours a day and not in the evenings at the moment.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:05 am

red37 wrote:

obviously intended for the forum idiots. bit touchy there aren't you?

last week saw some of the worst racist bile on here which pretty much went ignored and you get stroppy at the word 'idiot'. thanks Red, it pretty much proves my point about one rule for some and a different rule for others that you pick up this while totally ignoring what goes on with other posters

next you will be threatening me with a card thinking it was aimed at the mods, see thats the problem, people get abuse on here all the time which is ignored but woe betide anyone who says something bad about a mod (despite the fact its aimed at the forum idiots)

i hope this answers your eloquently put question
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

woof woof ! wrote:
s@int wrote:I'm not complaining about their decisions Sabre ....... just their lack of presence on the site. Apart from BabBob (who seems to be working his b0llocks off) I can't recall the last post I read from any of the others, apart from Red who made a brief appearance in this thread.

I'm on here for at least 3-4 hours virtually every day and have been for the last 4 years 11 months. In addition I see at least 3 other mods popping in and out during the course of the day.To suggest there is a lack of presence by the mods is imo way off the mark.

Certainly as a mod for a number of reasons I find myself less inclined to post, maybe I'm jaded, maybe I'm bored, maybe I've just got nothing to say on a particular day/week. Not that I'm complaining but I do find it a bit rich that  despite putting in a regular shift and dealing with all the sh'ite and bitch fights that take place mods are now being taken to task for not posting enough.

No offence meant mate. Just my honest impression over the last few weeks......... totally ruined by all you b@stards turning up at once!  :D
account deleted by request

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

peewee wrote:
red37 wrote:

obviously intended for the forum idiots. bit touchy there aren't you?

last week saw some of the worst racist bile on here which pretty much went ignored and you get stroppy at the word 'idiot'. thanks Red, it pretty much proves my point about one rule for some and a different rule for others that you pick up this while totally ignoring what goes on with other posters

next you will be threatening me with a card thinking it was aimed at the mods, see thats the problem, people get abuse on here all the time which is ignored but woe betide anyone who says something bad about a mod (despite the fact its aimed at the forum idiots)

i hope this answers your eloquently put question

Yeah i seen that no need for it open debate is healthy some bing bang bosh is good to but that is not on my grandfather didn't die in ..... o never mind.  :angry:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:08 am

The mods aren't immune to a bit of Rotation either. So long as at least one of us is present during the day (i too put about 4 hours in - for the benefit of those counting) there shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:09 am

s@int wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

No offence meant mate. Just my honest impression over the last few weeks......... totally ruined by all you b@stards turning up at once!  :D

they are like ghosts mixed with buses you don't know they are their then 3 turn up at once you pound on your exsistance and to mock you post then delete it.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum