Holland
4%
Mexico
1%
Turkey
No votes

Total votes : 89

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 20, 2006 12:41 am

I voted for England, but I would rather England lost in first round if it meant one more point next season for Liverpool. I know its probably wrong but its Liverpool first and England a long long way behind second for my support if I am honest. If England dont win it I think France may pull off a surprise win.
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT » Sat May 20, 2006 7:03 pm

Brazil probably. England vs Brazil world cup final, what a match, i say either of them to win it
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 pm

i dont fancy brazil to win it, i know they`ve got great players upfront but i think they`re a bit light at the back.
plus they`ve been in the last 3 finals and it takes some doing in a knockout cup competition to reach 4 finals in a row.
they are due a dodgy pen against them, a ridiculous sending off or a game where they just dont turn up in the knockout phases a la the final in 98 or something along those lines.
the italians were on the wrong side of some dodgy reffing in the last world cup and we`ve been on the recieving side of some goalkeeping howlers from shilton and seaman so maybe its brasils turn.
with the likes of terry, ferdinand, neville and cole i think england will be hard to beat even if they arent playing well and if we do go out i think it will be on pens again.
the more i think of spains midfield of xavi, xavi alonso, joaquin etc, and that game where they passed us off the park to the extent rooney lost his rag the more i think it will be one of those years like euro 2004 where greece came through on the rails but this time it could be spain.
to be honest its really open this year, it wouldnt surprise me if the italians, the dutch, the czechs or the the argie`s won it.
they`re all capable of finding top form for just one month.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:42 am

Brazil are the obviously faves and rightly so as they have the most talented squad, but i just have a feeling they wont win it after all the hype, so im gonna go for Argentina to win it, Messi and Riquelme to be the stars of the world cup, the rest of there squad is high in quality too.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:17 pm

kazza 1 wrote:For me its Brazil all the way.....
When you have team with players like these, it should be easy......

Dida
Cafu
Cicinho
Juan
Lucio
Roberto Carlos
Roque Junior
Emerson
Julio Baptista
Juninho Pernambucano
Renato
Ze Roberto
Kaka
Ronaldinho
Riberio
Robinho
Ronaldo

Along with the fact that they have already won it 5 times (58, 62, 70, 94 and 02), they should be pretty hard to stop. Their 1st game is on the 13th June against Croatia and I for one will be watching. Brazil must be one of the best teams in the world  (if not the best). I dont fancy Englands chances. With Rooney and Owen injured, Walcott with no experience and a hand full of fit players, they would need a miracle to get far.
The final for me would be Brazil v Spain/Portugal

Also when you have a team like this

Robinson
James
Green
Neville
Carragher
Ferdinand
Terry
Campbell
A.Cole
Bridge
Beckham
Lennon
Gerrard
Carrick
Lampard
Jenas
Hargraves
J.cole
Downing
Owen
Rooney
Crouch
Walcott

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 23, 2006 6:21 pm

CologneCouple wrote:A final Germany - England, that would be cool! A real battle between the old enemies. 

As if thats going to happen!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 24, 2006 1:25 pm

A couple of people mentioned Brazil V England final. Aren't they supposed to meet in the quarters if they both win their groups?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Ireland didn't qualify but Denmark weren't supposed to be in the 1992 Euros and won it due to trouble in Yugoslavia so I am going to try and stir it up in the French subarbs, spark a civil war there. I can't remember is Israel finished above Ireland in our group but it won't be too hard to cause unrest there.

Lets do it ! Who's with me?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 24, 2006 7:23 pm

Who the hell voted for Mexico? :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Extremely important advice and recommendations to be passed on to wives, girlfriends, fiancés etc.
  LIST OF RULES
  1. From 9 June to 9 July 2006, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World Cup, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.
  2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).
  3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me. If you decide to stand nude in front of the TV, make sure you put clothes on right after because if you catch a cold, I wont have time to take you to the doctor or look after you during the World Cup month.
  4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell from the second floor....it wont happen.
  5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on, and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.
  6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say, "Get over it, its only a game," or, "Don't worry, they'll win next time." If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called 'words of encouragement' will only lead to a break up or divorce.
  7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the halftime score is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying 'one' game, hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to 'spend time together.'
  8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them already or I haven't seen them at all; I want to see them again. Many times.
  9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:
a) I will not go,
b) I will not go, and
c) I will not go.
  10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.
  11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying, "But you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch??" The reply will be: "Refer to Rule #2."
  12. And finally, please save your expressions such as, "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years." I am immune to these words because after this comes the Champions League, Italian League, Spanish League, Premier League, etc etc.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 am

I change my vote.........Serbia and Monty to win it

I got them at work's sweepstake       dammit   :(
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:01 pm

laza wrote:I change my vote.........Serbia and Monty to win it

I got them at work's sweepstake       dammit   :(

Hasn't Montenegro just voted to become independent as well?  Could be an explosive squad, that!

In fact, here's the latest images from the training ground...

:D  :D  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:28 am

Your not raising my hopes of seeing that fiver again not to mention all those other fivers  Bob  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:32 am

On the upside Laza, they might all bond and pull together to win won for the record books...

Imagine the trivia question: "What national football team managed to lift the World Cup trophy mere months before the nation they represented dissolved into 2 independent states?"

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:17 am

Dundalk wrote:Who the hell voted for Mexico? :laugh:

:p
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion