Aussie squad - Germany 2006

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri May 12, 2006 2:22 am

Lionheart wrote:
laza wrote:Thats ok half the Croatian team are aussies :D

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

True

:D

Only two of our players were born in Australia but they have Croatian blood so who cares.  :D

It will be obviously a heated affair between the two sides. The majority of our players play in Europe. Watch out for Klasnic, far more talented than Prso.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Fri May 12, 2006 12:22 pm

A.B. wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
laza wrote:Thats ok half the Croatian team are aussies :D

True

:D

Only two of our players were born in Australia but they have Croatian blood so who cares.  :D

It will be obviously a heated affair between the two sides. The majority of our players play in Europe. Watch out for Klasnic, far more talented than Prso.

A good hard (but fair) game and I'll be happy regardless of who wins. But I would prefer a win to go with the win against Japan and Brazil!!!   :D

Good to see you AB. I reckon you and I will be great mates during Germany 2006!!!   :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby -Rafa- » Fri May 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Looks like a good squad, surpised at some of the younger players being given a go, but you never know, they may shine at the World Cup
-Rafa-

Postby stmichael » Fri May 12, 2006 3:33 pm

can't believe igor's not in the croatian squad. i was looking forward to him tearing brazil apart. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Fri May 12, 2006 8:39 pm

stmichael wrote:can't believe igor's not in the croatian squad. i was looking forward to him tearing brazil apart. :laugh:

He's not allowed to play. Had a bust up with the director of CFA, and he won't let him play.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Fri May 12, 2006 8:43 pm

I know well Aloisi (Alaves, former Osasuna) , Viduka and Kewell. Oh, and Neverton Cahill.

Aloisi is not that bad, as someone mentioned, he's a good fighter, he presses pretty well, and scores goals with some regularity, there are worse strikers out there.

the little I know is more than Ronaldo knows about them, he admited some weeks ago that he knew no Aussie player, which is a shame, since they must face them. Australia isn't going easy to beat, as in, I don't think Brazil will nail a 4-0 whatsoever, but I don't think they go through the next round.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 12, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat May 13, 2006 6:27 am

Sabre wrote:I know well Aloisi (Alaves, former Osasuna) , Viduka and Kewell. Oh, and Neverton Cahill.

Aloisi is not that bad, as someone mentioned, he's a good fighter, he presses pretty well, and scores goals with some regularity, there are worse strikers out there.

the little I know is more than Ronaldo knows about them, he admited some weeks ago that he knew no Aussie player, which is a shame, since they must face them. Australia isn't going easy to beat, as in, I don't think Brazil will nail a 4-0 whatsoever, but I don't think they go through the next round.

Yeah those comments got a lot of press over here and im quite delighted by them as they will be of great use to fire up the roos up.
Our asst coach said he should talk  to some of his teammates who played and lost to them in 2001 Confed cup   :D

Grella and Bresciano who ply their trade in Italy are also very handy in midfield but as Scott mentioned earlier its our defence which looks rather weak
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun May 14, 2006 2:28 am

There are three Croatian players that were Australian:

Josip Simunic
Ante Seric
Joey Didulica

This statement is based on previous info as we don't know the final Croatian sqaud.

There are six Australians with Croatian heritage

Viduka
Skoko
Popovic
Culina
Kalac
Covic

A seventh (Milesevic) wasn't selected in the final squad

With this mix the Australia v Croatia match should have some added 'spice' on 22nd June. Bring it on!!!  :buttrock
Last edited by Lionheart on Sun May 14, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bng89 » Mon May 15, 2006 9:28 am

Judge wrote:
bng89 wrote:F'ck Australia

I hope they dont get into the second round so i can shove it up all the people who thought we wouldnt get a point. God, im totally thick

really  :D

damn u  :p
I havnt read it for ages and i was like WTF, i wouldnt write that
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby Judge » Thu May 18, 2006 12:35 pm

bng89 wrote:
Judge wrote:
bng89 wrote:F'ck Australia

I hope they dont get into the second round so i can shove it up all the people who thought we wouldnt get a point. God, im totally thick

really  :D

damn u  :p
I havnt read it for ages and i was like WTF, i wouldnt write that

didnt you ?

:D   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mestiza » Sun May 21, 2006 11:10 am

Good luck to the lads.  So exciting they're actually here and in camp for there WC campaign.  Congratulations to Dooks on the captaincy today, great choice, and not surprising!   :bowdown  I hope Harry will be fine for the WC.  Definately our best player when at 100% fitness.  And the squad isn't too bad.  Unlucky for Vidmar with his health problems.  My heart goes out to the guy.   :(
Last edited by mestiza on Sun May 21, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mestiza

Postby laza » Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Match against Greece this week should be a beauty, i heard something like 90000 odd ticket have been sold. Though being in Melbourne it wont exactly be  a home game for us :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue May 23, 2006 8:00 am

With Guus Hiddink taking over the reigns with Russia after the world cup the rumour mill is rife with names of who might take over. One name that has surfaced and sends shivers down my spine is that of Gerard Houllier!!!

NNNNNnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo  :glare:  :no

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:36 am

Lionheart wrote:With Guus Hiddink taking over the reigns with Russia after the world cup the rumour mill is rife with names of who might take over. One name that has surfaced and sends shivers down my spine is that of Gerard Houllier!!!

TBH, bar Hiddink, he'd probably be one of the best managers Australia has ever had.

He had some great years with Liverpool, and although his last 2 seasons were pretty bad, I could think of a lot worse managers that Australia could get.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue May 23, 2006 1:55 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:With Guus Hiddink taking over the reigns with Russia after the world cup the rumour mill is rife with names of who might take over. One name that has surfaced and sends shivers down my spine is that of Gerard Houllier!!!

TBH, bar Hiddink, he'd probably be one of the best managers Australia has ever had.

He had some great years with Liverpool, and although his last 2 seasons were pretty bad, I could think of a lot worse managers that Australia could get.

Yeah, as long as you liked ultra defensive football. No thanks.

I'd prefer Arny (Graham Arnold) in preference to Houllier.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion