Are germany that good.....

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 am

or were England and Argentina very poor. Individually, I would not say the Germans are the best, but Joachim Low has got them so well organised and tactically he really embarassed Capello and Maradona. Can Germany go all the way and ensure Philip Lahm lifts the World Cup trophy - or will they come unstuck against the Dutch in the semi-final ?
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 am

I think Spain will play a completely different game against Germany. Germany are a fast counter attack side, Spain will be too clever for this. That's the way I see it anyways. ( Germany play spain, Holland are playing Uruguay in the semis)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 am

Firstly you can't say that prior to Argentina's thrashing they were poor and I find it hard to believe that motivation, morale, etc in the Argentinian camp would of changed too much prior to the match.

IMO it all hinges on Germany's brilliant counter attacking football, reminiscent of our own style in the 2000-01 treble winning year. They soak up the pressure and hit on the counter at lightning speed. The inclusion of so many youth team players who were fit, quick and most importantly motivated has created a very credible winning side.

Their game against the SPANISH will be tough. Spain are very quick themselves.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 am

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:or were England and Argentina very poor. Individually, I would not say the Germans are the best, but Joachim Low has got them so well organised and tactically he really embarassed Capello and Maradona. Can Germany go all the way and ensure Philip Lahm lifts the World Cup trophy - or will they come unstuck against the Dutch in the semi-final ?

Nah they won't have any problems with the Dutch in the semi mate... seeing as they're playing Spain.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 am

The germans have been great to watch.
The trio in midfield of Schweinsteiger, Ozil and Mueller are all technically quality players.
The way they break and pick the right option most of the time is superb to watch.

I really think the Spain game is hard to call now.
I am in Spain for the final so hope they are there as it will be party time if they win, but its going to be some game between these two without doubt.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 am

every single one of this guy's posts contains a link to betfair or another site. i don't really think he's here to stimulate debate.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 am

having said that - germany are good enough to get past spain and give us a germany v holland final. and then we can all shut up about how its been a bad world cup for the european sides.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:23 am

germany are definitely the suprise team, IMO. But I don't think they can do it, especially if Spain wakes up

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Spain will lose if they keep playing with Torres.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Im just hoping for a cracker of game and outcome isnt decided by a card happy ref

Still want Spain to lose so Torres can have rest, barring that no extra time in the World Cup final :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:49 pm

Big Niall wrote:Spain will lose if they keep playing with Torres.

If Spain get to the final I put money on Torres scoring the winner.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:50 pm

Germany can win, if they manage to get the ball of Spain. What is so impressive about this German side is how so many of them have come straight in from an under 21 level. I know Argentina were on the rocks anyway and England are :censored: but still the performances against both were brilliant.
Last edited by tubby on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Germany are a good team with some excellent players. I like the way they play, they press the ball better than anyone else in the competition, and they have pace to burn in Muller (who is banned for the next match) and Ozel (who looks a bit fecked to me to be honest). I like the two centre halves who both know how to defend, while both Podolski and Schweinsteiger keep it really well. They do though essentially play a counter attacking style, and as in the group game where that bloke who we've just signed scored, if they concede first they may find it hard to open teams up. Klose has done well for them too, he's a thinking mans striker who uses all his experience to get in the right place at the right time.

The one player I don't rate is the left back, although nobodies really got to him yet. His battle with Robben should Germany meet Holland in the final could decide the match. Germany would probably detail Podolski to sit in a bit deeper, but that may adversely alter their shape. Unless Germany have a better solution, if Holland can get the ball to the winger enough, I think they'll win it.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:44 am

laza wrote:Im just hoping for a cracker of game and outcome isnt decided by a card happy ref

Still want Spain to lose so Torres can have rest, barring that no extra time in the World Cup final :D

he wont get a rest though. He'll play in the 3rd place play off if spain lose.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Redman in wales wrote:he wont get a rest though. He'll play in the 3rd place play off if spain lose.

Good point and well spotted though obviously your chances of being made my director of morale have taken a battering
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion