Aussie squad - Germany 2006

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:37 am

Lionheart wrote:The one factor we are overlooking in terms of Australia's progress beyond the group stage is the manager. Guus Hiddink has reputation of taking teams further than we believed possible.

Hiddink will not select a player on reputation, hence Kewell warmed the bench for the the return elimination leg against Uruguay. Hiddink demands, and gets, a top shelf attitude and effort from all his selected players...otherwise they just aren't selected. That's why we don't see the likes of Zelic or Colosimo, but we have seen the rise of Culina. Someone who is commited to the cause and will give 100% everytime. Hiddink relies on it and stakes his reputation on it. Don't underestimate the likes of Beauchamp or Milligan.

Australia won't be walkovers and if anyone thinks they will be (such as the arrogant Croatians...that'll get AB!! :D for example), will do so at their peril.

I dont know Lionheart, you maybe asking a bit much from Hiddink. Your right in saying he got the likes of S.Korea through to the knock out stages but dont nessacerily expect that to happen again.

The only reason Kewell warmed the bench was because he wasnt fully fit, and if I'm right Benitez also asked Hiddink to take it easy with Kewell.

I do agree with everything else you said about Hiddink you've pretty much summed him up, he knows how to get the best out of what he's got and has worked wonders.
I wouldnt right off the Aussie's chance's and I'd like to see them go a bit further at the expense of Croatia.( Not just cause I live in Oz  :D ).

All the Aussie's I know go on about there passion and the teams physical grunt  ??? . That's how the Aussie's will play but I have said before if they think they can go around in the tackles with high feet or another Aussie favourite lead with the elbow they'll be on the plane back home before they know it.(Probably before there postcards arrive back  :D ). That game against Uruguay, the Aussies were pretty dirty they wont get away with that in the WC, so if they behave, and  up the playing side of there game they will have as good a chance as any.

Just to add a bit of banter, the POMS would caine you anyway  thank your lucky stars your not in our group  :D
66-1112520797

Postby bng89 » Thu May 11, 2006 7:08 am

F'ck i love Australia

I hope we get into the second round so i can shove it up all the people who thought we wouldnt get a point
Liverpool FC 1892
bng89

Postby laza » Thu May 11, 2006 7:22 am

Bamaga man wrote:All the Aussie's I know go on about there passion and the teams physical grunt  ??? . That's how the Aussie's will play but I have said before if they think they can go around in the tackles with high feet or another Aussie favourite lead with the elbow they'll be on the plane back home before they know it.(Probably before there postcards arrive back  :D ). That game against Uruguay, the Aussies were pretty dirty they wont get away with that in the WC, so if they behave, and  up the playing side of there game they will have as good a chance as any.

Just to add a bit of banter, the POMS would caine you anyway  thank your lucky stars your not in our group  :D

Dirty us.........surely you jest, Lucas Neill is just badly misunderstood   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu May 11, 2006 8:01 am

bng89 wrote:F'ck Australia

I hope they dont get into the second round so i can shove it up all the people who thought we wouldnt get a point. God, im totally thick

really  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2006 10:53 am

bng89 wrote:F'ck i love Australia

I hope we get into the second round so i can shove it up all the people who thought we wouldnt get a point

If you're lucky you might get a point against Japan , other than that I don't see any hope at all for the Aussies .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lionheart » Thu May 11, 2006 12:35 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Australia's 2006 World Cup Squad is has just been announced this morning (11am AET):

I've seen worse squads,

The only squad I've seen worse than the Aussie one was in the movie "Carry on up the Khyber "

:laugh:

aka...England!!!  :laugh:    :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 pm

laza wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:All the Aussie's I know go on about there passion and the teams physical grunt  ??? . That's how the Aussie's will play but I have said before if they think they can go around in the tackles with high feet or another Aussie favourite lead with the elbow they'll be on the plane back home before they know it.(Probably before there postcards arrive back  :D ). That game against Uruguay, the Aussies were pretty dirty they wont get away with that in the WC, so if they behave, and  up the playing side of there game they will have as good a chance as any.

Dirty us.........surely you jest, Lucas Neill is just badly misunderstood   :D

...and Tim Cahill. The most misuderstood of all.  :p
Last edited by Lionheart on Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 pm

viduka is so pleased he's going to the world cup, he's released an album :D  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu May 11, 2006 12:43 pm

Judge wrote:Image

I've never seen the lad so lithe and pumped. He'll run through the Japan, Brazil & Croatian defences. No one will stop him. Go Dukes!!  :D

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu May 11, 2006 12:46 pm

Woof...with the team England have selected I don't think I'd be laughing too loud if I were you. In fact you may find yourself with a decent amount of egg on the dial come June (they certainly won't get to July!!!)  :;):
Last edited by Lionheart on Thu May 11, 2006 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2006 1:14 pm

Lionheart , England haven't selected a team yet . (they have however nominated a squad  :D  ).

Don't get yer knickers in a twist Lionheart . Don't really expect us to win the thing (with or without Rooney) but we stand a damn sight more of a chance than the Aussies .

Semi Finals for us at the very least . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu May 11, 2006 1:15 pm

Judge wrote:Image

Geez who put Dukes on a diet  :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Thu May 11, 2006 1:28 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Lionheart , England haven't selected a team yet . (they have however nominated a squad  :D  ).

Don't get yer knickers in a twist Lionheart . Don't really expect us to win the thing (with or without Rooney) but we stand a damn sight more of a chance than the Aussies .

Semi Finals for us at the very least . :D

I don't wear knickers...difficult to twist when you ain't got 'em.  :eyebrow

You'd bl00dy well hope England would do better than the Aussies wouln't you?? Sounds like a "mine's bigger than yours arguement" anyway.

If England makes the semi's you would have done better than I predict...quarters at VERY best.     :nod

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 11, 2006 1:34 pm

I don't wear knickers...difficult to twist when you ain't got 'em.  :eyebrow[/quote]

Sorry Lionheart , I always thought you were a Girl .  :D   

Maybe you are a girl ? who just doesn't wear knickers   :eyebrow   :eyebrow   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu May 11, 2006 1:40 pm

Gee :censored: in the wind contests have started early.
Cant wait til June when the fun really starts  :D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion