Germany vs italy

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:59 pm

Good Bob wrote:Players like Carragher, Terry and Lampard are in a system they know with players they know and an environment they know. It matters a great deal. They aren't international class players and they wouldn't look as good in other systems as they all proved during the world cup.

I'd give them a chance of playing under a decent International manager before making a snap judgement like that to be honest.  You're judging their ability to adapt to a system where none of the players seemed to know their role. 

As for Juninho and Kinkladze.  Juninho had one or two good seasons, one in particular in England.  Kinkladze had one good season before fading into oblivion in the lower leagues. Whats that you said about form being temporary?  Bad examples.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:05 pm

Good Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Performances relate to tactics. Ability doesn't.

ability + tactics + suitability to style of league = performance

Style of league means nothing. If thats the case why don't the English teams just play the English way against forgeiners and then they'll win every game.

Luis Garcia plays in the same position for Liverpool in the same system both in league games and European games.  He's more effective in Europe than the Premiership.  But style means nothing?

English teams have got the the CL final 2 years running playing a high tempo 'English style'.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:16 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bman wrote::D

insightful first post there ???

Sorry I was just testing, as I wasnt able to post previously.

By the way good thread, John and Bob nice reading.
Bman

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:57 pm

john craig wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Players like Carragher, Terry and Lampard are in a system they know with players they know and an environment they know. It matters a great deal. They aren't international class players and they wouldn't look as good in other systems as they all proved during the world cup.

I'd give them a chance of playing under a decent International manager before making a snap judgement like that to be honest.  You're judging their ability to adapt to a system where none of the players seemed to know their role. 

As for Juninho and Kinkladze.  Juninho had one or two good seasons, one in particular in England.  Kinkladze had one good season before fading into oblivion in the lower leagues. Whats that you said about form being temporary?  Bad examples.

I'm judging a players ability. How many times? I'm not judging the system and i'm not on about that :censored: manager. I'm on about the players as individuals. I'm on about ability as a whole. As a footballer.

John listen mate, playing in a different system doesn't make you control a ball better, run faster, spot a pass better, improve your technique, improve your bottle, make you more aggressive etc. It can help you play to your strengths, but it can never make an average player world class.

An international team can never and will never have a style as defined as a club side and can never and will never compete tactically with a club side. It won't happen. Club players play with there team mates every day, they drill every situation. International players don't do that, never have and never will. So therefore they are going to encounter very very very different situations and they need to adapt and players like Carragher and Terry don't have that alround ability.

Its all about ability. Like i've said a million times.

I can't put it any more simply for you.

You either have it or you don't. For Chelsea Lampard doesn't have amazing vision, a world class touch and world class passing ability. Its the same at every level. Steven Gerrard's ability to shoot and ability to tackle doesn't decrease when he plays for England.
Good Bob

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:59 pm

john craig wrote:
Good Bob wrote:
john craig wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Performances relate to tactics. Ability doesn't.

ability + tactics + suitability to style of league = performance

Style of league means nothing. If thats the case why don't the English teams just play the English way against forgeiners and then they'll win every game.

Luis Garcia plays in the same position for Liverpool in the same system both in league games and European games.  He's more effective in Europe than the Premiership.  But style means nothing?

English teams have got the the CL final 2 years running playing a high tempo 'English style'.

Am not having it that Luis Garcia's better in Europe. Rubbish.

He's the same player every week. Some of the excuses and media :censored: people come out with these days is laughable.
Good Bob

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Good Bob wrote:I'm judging a players ability. How many times? I'm not judging the system and i'm not on about that :censored: manager. I'm on about the players as individuals. I'm on about ability as a whole. As a footballer.

John listen mate, playing in a different system doesn't make you control a ball better, run faster, spot a pass better, improve your technique, improve your bottle, make you more aggressive etc. It can help you play to your strengths, but it can never make an average player world class.

An international team can never and will never have a style as defined as a club side and can never and will never compete tactically with a club side. It won't happen. Club players play with there team mates every day, they drill every situation. International players don't do that, never have and never will. So therefore they are going to encounter very very very different situations and they need to adapt and players like Carragher and Terry don't have that alround ability.

Its all about ability. Like i've said a million times.

I can't put it any more simply for you.

You either have it or you don't. For Chelsea Lampard doesn't have amazing vision, a world class touch and world class passing ability. Its the same at every level. Steven Gerrard's ability to shoot and ability to tackle doesn't decrease when he plays for England.

We're going in circles here Stu, just accept I'm right and we can leave it :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Admit you're gay then... :D
Good Bob

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:09 pm

Good Bob wrote:Admit you're gay then... :D

Feck it...

if it'll shut you up :D
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:15 pm

john craig wrote:
Good Bob wrote:Admit you're gay then... :D

Feck it...

if it'll shut you up :D

:no

Back to the wall boys :laugh:
Good Bob

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:23 am

The SECOND best game I've seen in Dortmund :D

Wasn't it just one of the greatest games you ever had the privalege of seeing and such a  refreshing change from watching England splutter and stutter their way through !

Helped by the best ref in the World Cup the game pulsated along and the Italians in particular were very very impressive. I jumped out of the armchair when they scored which is more than I managed when England scraped a goal !

Whatever we think about the over hyped Premiership , the Italians showed us a different level last night and it was a joy to watch :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:25 am

:D

Anyway, I was impressed immensely by Cannavaro.  He's definitely quality.  Let's just leave it at that.

One thing that stood out to me was Camoranesi's behavior.  He's got some skills but if he keeps on carrying his attitude and temper like that, he'll only be a liability to his team.  Not letting Metzelder get up and then a rash challenge from behind.  He needs to cool it.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 am

Germany were robbed from what I could see. (Watched from 80 minutes.)

Italy got two poxy goals, one of which was a pearler that he wouldn't have scored 19 times out of 20, and the other was because Germany had over-committed when chasing the equaliser.

It's alright saying "THey shouldn't have played for penalties", or whatever, but if you were as lethal from the spot as they are - you'd do exactly the same.

SO now we've got two :censored:-hole countries competing for the WC 2006.

Groovy.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion