Germany vs portugal

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:55 pm

The keeper should of saved schweinsteiger's first effort. Terrible goal to concede.
Portugal have a great midfield and play good football but really do lack quality upfront, there choice of strikers is abysmal. It shows how poor England were that they couldnt beat them.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:23 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:The keeper should of saved schweinsteiger's first effort. Terrible goal to concede.
Portugal have a great midfield and play good football but really do lack quality upfront, there choice of strikers is abysmal. It shows how poor England were that they couldnt beat them.

As much as I love Pauleta, I agree.

Portugal were excellently defensive;y for most of the tournament (even without Andrade, Meira did excellently), and the 5-man midfield is as good as anything in the world on it's day. Portugal can play some very attractive football, but have trouble breaking the top sides down and rely heavily on goals from midfield. They scored goals for fun against lesser sides in qualifying, but lack a world class striker to win the big games.

If Portugal had a Van Nistlerooy, Toni or Shevchenko I think they may well have won the World Cup.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:48 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:The keeper should of saved schweinsteiger's first effort. Terrible goal to concede.

As much as I love Pauleta, I agree.

Portugal were excellently defensive;y for most of the tournament (even without Andrade, Meira did excellently), and the 5-man midfield is as good as anything in the world on it's day. Portugal can play some very attractive football, but have trouble breaking the top sides down and rely heavily on goals from midfield. They scored goals for fun against lesser sides in qualifying, but lack a world class striker to win the big games.

If Portugal had a Van Nistlerooy, Toni or Shevchenko I think they may well have won the World Cup.

cant disagree with that, there a class side crying out for a good striker. Jus someone to get on the end of crosses and through balls. I mean portugal have plenty of quality wide men, jus need someone of quality to tuck them away.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion