Germany vs italy

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Good Bob » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:54 pm

I need to say one of the best matches I've seen for years and a great game for the world cup.

End to end and marvelous play alround with two world class goals and some truely amazing players on display.

Absoloute pleasure to watch. :bowdown
Good Bob

Postby GOAT » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:00 am

Yeah fantastically capped off with them two fantastic goals in the last 2 mins of extra time. Great match
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:24 am

Yeah a good game, not so much for the football but more so for the tension, if the same footie was played Wigan vs Everton nobody would have payed any attention but well done Italy the quality came through in the end
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:33 am

I enjoyed the bits i saw.Unfortunately the Missus is a Big Brother fan so i spent half the night flicking between the two. :wwww
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:23 am

greenred wrote:I enjoyed the bits i saw.Unfortunately the Missus is a Big Brother fan so i spent half the night flicking between the two. :wwww

Would it not have been easier to just knock her out?   ???  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:30 am

damn.............oh well desperate times call for desperate measures i have to start supporting the French or Portugese  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:22 am

It was a fantastic match, end to end with some superb football, and i though overall the best team won.
After so many dull uninspiring matches this one done the world cup proud.
That Grosso although he's a diving c@nt is quality, good in the air and beats his man one on one more often than not.
Two great finishes for the goals as well, the germans must be gutted  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FeDe!!! -lariano- » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:44 am

FORZA AZZURRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COMO IN MY HEART!!!

... e canteremo dalle gradinate... la nostra fede non l'arrestate!!!
FeDe!!! -lariano-

Postby clik » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:49 am

and a mention to the officials who i thought had a blinding game which in turn made game the spectacle it was:)
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:04 pm

best game of international football i've seen since holland vs czech republic in euro 2004 and an absolute credit to the tournament. quite simply, the game just proved once again that england under sven have taken football back into the dark ages. this game last night was exactly how football should be played. two teams going for it, not sitting back and the referee also let the game flow which made it a great spectacle.

you just have to ask questions about how good some of the english players are when you look at that italian side though. i'm not saying that gerrard, cole, ferdinand aren't top players but they're not in the same class as the likes of zambrotta, cannavaro and pirlo when it comes to the very highest level. i don't think pirlo gave the ball away once in the whole game. gattuso and zambrotta's energy levels are simply immense and if cannavaro's not the best centre half in the world i'll eat my hat.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Good Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:26 pm

stmichael wrote:best game of international football i've seen since holland vs czech republic in euro 2004 and an absolute credit to the tournament. quite simply, the game just proved once again that england under sven have taken football back into the dark ages. this game last night was exactly how football should be played. two teams going for it, not sitting back and the referee also let the game flow which made it a great spectacle.

you just have to ask questions about how good some of the english players are when you look at that italian side though. i'm not saying that gerrard, cole, ferdinand aren't top players but they're not in the same class as the likes of zambrotta, cannavaro and pirlo when it comes to the very highest level. i don't think pirlo gave the ball away once in the whole game. gattuso and zambrotta's energy levels are simply immense and if cannavaro's not the best centre half in the world i'll eat my hat.

Zambrotta is something else.

When we played Juve the other year in the champions league he stood out like a sore thumb. The ball was simply moving towards him like metal towards a magnet for nearly the entire match and he played at left back. Great player with an amazing aray of talent. He doesn't have a weakness at all.

Cannavaro is the best i've ever seen. in his positiom, unreal. Great passer of the ball from the back aswell and his positional play, reading of the game, tackling and interceptions, aswell as his aggression, bottle and alround quality as a player are second to none. Easily one of the best defenders ever to walk on this planet. The way he came out of defence to set the last goal up was amazing. Read the danger and oppurtunity to attack from it very very early, made a world class decision then set Italy off on a counter attack.

Can't say I rate Pirlo though. Think he's very overhyped. Bit of a Danny Murphy, slightly better, but not much. Plays people into trouble alot and loses the ball in silly area's. Gattuso's energy though as you say is immense.

Totti's one i ain't over keen on. Very overated, Luca Toni and Gilardinho though are quality.
Good Bob

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:36 pm

Dundalk wrote:Yeah a good game, not so much for the football but more so for the tension, if the same footie was played Wigan vs Everton nobody would have payed any attention but well done Italy the quality came through in the end

Dundalk - you are speaking bol*ox.

If you think that you see defending of the quality that Italy displayed last night in a Bolton V Everton game then you are daft.

Cannavaro and Zambrotta (Nesta didn't play) are better than any defenders in the premiership.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:39 pm

stmichael wrote:best game of international football i've seen since holland vs czech republic in euro 2004 and an absolute credit to the tournament. quite simply, the game just proved once again that england under sven have taken football back into the dark ages. this game last night was exactly how football should be played. two teams going for it, not sitting back and the referee also let the game flow which made it a great spectacle.

Bang on.

Their are some very good players in the premiership but the phrase "world class" is thrown around now all the time - everybody seems to be world class.

Those Italian defenders are on a MUCH higher level than Ferdinand, Terry, Carragher, Hypia etc and that is not slagging those players off.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Good Bob wrote:Totti's one i ain't over keen on.

I was saying to John Craig the other week that he's one of the most overrated players around. I've never seen Totti have a good game, although I thought he played quite well last night. He was still trying to hit too many killer passes though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:01 pm

Agree with both St.Mich and Good Bob

the game was immense, full credit to Italy they deserved it (although i wanted the germans to win), The back four of Italy were rock solid, i also want to praise Materrazi who has been like a huge wall blocking every pass. As for Canavarro, the man is class! absolutely class! excellent game reader, excellent tackler and ball winner and an excellent insperation to the team.

Although the Italians were c*nts with their cheating and diving, they played some good football. Also want to praise Marcello Lipi for his genius plan playing with four strikers. It was very risky, but it worked. Klinsman should have played with 5 midfielders to control the midfield against pirlo and gattuso in overtime, he made the biggest mistake taking out klose and putting in another striker, he shouldn't count on penalties.

Grosso, is an excellent left back, fast and likes to go forward all the time, but i hate him because he is a cheating tw@t.

As for the Germans, you can see some of the youngsters who will be a hit in the years to come. Philip Lahm impressed me so much and he is only 21. He worked his socks off against Zambrotta and Camoranesi. He is a good ball winner and sends in some beautiful crosses into the box. Lukas Podolski, very fast, has some good techniques and could be a hit in the future.

Well done to Italy to reach the final and well done to Germany for trying really hard with most of the team still young.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion