Guus hiddink is available now - .....possible replacement for rafa

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Festy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Festy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Festy wrote:
Ciggy wrote:This place gets worst by the day  :no

....and will continue to be like this if we don't start winning games soon.  :no

We are not Bolton for fuck's sake. We can't afford to keep loosing like we are atm.  :angry:

loosing or losing ?

I prefer loosing.
You stop being an idiot by the way.

:laugh:

Shut up ye biff, you started it  :D

It's ok.....but I still prefer 'LOOSING'.  :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Festy » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:10 pm

stmichael wrote:He's also never had any success in a decent European league. Chelsea doesn't really count as he was only there six months.

I know Chelsea's success doesn't count. But the tactical superiority he showed over the other established premier league managers suggest that he has what it takes to be successful in the premier league.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby loopyliverpool » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:18 pm

The first thing to cross my mind when Slovenia were holding on was - there is an outstanding candidate for manager if our decline continues and Benitez is ousted.... far better than the much touted Mourinho.
loopyliverpool

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I knew this thread would be in the pipeline as soon as I saw the result. :laugh:

I guess the World (cup) is not enough

:cool:
JoeTerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Festy wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Why, we already have a manager, :no

It's not acceptable for the club of our stature to loose so many games in a row under any circumstances. Can you imagine manU or Chealski loosing so many in a row ? Although I understand we need to get behind the man, and will continue to do so even if he ain't sacked. But I find Guus to be a better option atm and for our future looking at the tactical success he achieved at Chelski.

how many years was Whiskey nose at Man utd before they won the league?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:07 pm

DJ change the record. So f in what if fergie won the league after seven years, doesn't mean that give Rafa seven years and he'll win it. In fact that seven year cobblers should be consigned to the archives, the league was completely different in 1992/93 when you could buy the champions' best player for peanuts. fergie BOUGHT success back then, timely on his part, but how do you expect Rafa to? Pull magic millions out of his Rs and buy it? How about the REAL comparison, who it is REALISTIC to expect Rafa to emulate, and that is ARSENE WENGER. He won the league against the odds of superior spending, didn't take that long to manage it and even did it THREE times against the odds.

In fact football is so different that Rafa has achieved something you wouldn't expect, to have lasted so long without having won the league at a top club. Mourinho won the title in both his first two seasons, things didn't continue to go so smoothly and he didn't get seven years. To not consider changing manager would be stupid, to give Rafa year after year after year without looking any closer to winning the league would be stupid, to base giving Rafa longer on what someone else did nearly 20 years ago would be stupid, to keep relating our current manager to what someone else did nearly 20 years ago is stupid
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Festy wrote:the tactical superiority he showed over the other established premier league managers suggest that he has what it takes to be successful in the premier league.

tactical superiority? care to cite any examples?

he had better players than almost every other team in the entire league. he didn't require any tactical superiority to beat the majority of the dross in the premiership.

i'll give him credit for the champions league game at anfield though. that was the best performance i've seen by an opposing team at anfield since valencia in 03 and they fully deserved to win. however that didn't excuse the fact that we conceded 2 schoolboy goals from corners.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Owzat wrote:DJ change the record. So f in what if fergie won the league after seven years, doesn't mean that give Rafa seven years and he'll win it. In fact that seven year cobblers should be consigned to the archives, the league was completely different in 1992/93 when you could buy the champions' best player for peanuts. fergie BOUGHT success back then, timely on his part, but how do you expect Rafa to? Pull magic millions out of his Rs and buy it? How about the REAL comparison, who it is REALISTIC to expect Rafa to emulate, and that is ARSENE WENGER. He won the league against the odds of superior spending, didn't take that long to manage it and even did it THREE times against the odds.

In fact football is so different that Rafa has achieved something you wouldn't expect, to have lasted so long without having won the league at a top club. Mourinho won the title in both his first two seasons, things didn't continue to go so smoothly and he didn't get seven years. To not consider changing manager would be stupid, to give Rafa year after year after year without looking any closer to winning the league would be stupid, to base giving Rafa longer on what someone else did nearly 20 years ago would be stupid, to keep relating our current manager to what someone else did nearly 20 years ago is stupid

You forgot to mention how the mancs used to buy up all the bestr youth tallent back then when they was like 12 and get them pro contracts which of course now is a no no.  :)
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:41 pm

Festy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Festy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Festy wrote:
Ciggy wrote:This place gets worst by the day 

....and will continue to be like this if we don't start winning games soon.

We are not Bolton for fuck's sake. We can't afford to keep loosing like we are atm.

loosing or losing ?

I prefer loosing.
You stop being an idiot by the way.

:laugh:

Shut up ye biff, you started it  :D

It's ok.....but I still prefer 'LOOSING'.

all this talk about Hiddink and THE RUSSIAN DOLL POSTING STARTS

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby milou » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 pm

I doubt we can afford him even if we want to.. since rumours say we don't even have enough money to sack rafa (not suggesting we should or not)!
milou

Postby Rush Job » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Festy wrote:
stmichael wrote:He's also never had any success in a decent European league. Chelsea doesn't really count as he was only there six months.

I know Chelsea's success doesn't count. But the tactical superiority he showed over the other established premier league managers suggest that he has what it takes to be successful in the premier league.

Tactical superiority?
So it had nothing to do with the fact he was working with the most expensive squad in the league?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:05 pm

topic moved because it has no relevance to anything LFC...better left in footy world wide
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:26 pm

supersub wrote:topic moved because it has no relevance to anything LFC...better left in footy world wide

Why does it not have anything to do with LFC, if Hiddink was to replace Rafa then surely that is relevant or do you mean that in your opinion it will never happen because Rafa is here for the next 30 odd years.  :D
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 pm

Hiddink's available?

So fuck!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm

heimdall wrote:
supersub wrote:topic moved because it has no relevance to anything LFC...better left in footy world wide

Why does it not have anything to do with LFC, if Hiddink was to replace Rafa then surely that is relevant or do you mean that in your opinion it will never happen because Rafa is here for the next 30 odd years.  :D

It has no relevance to Liverpool as Hiddink is nothing to do with our club while we already have a top class manager in charge
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion