Anyone else see the similarity ? - Rafa & capello

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Doesn't matter how good the players are - wrong plan wrong tactics RIGHT RESULT !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 pm

No, and f*ck off.

Capello picked the best of the best in their respective positions. Doesn't matter what formation you play, you should still be able to beat teams like Algeria with no problems whatsoever. It's got f*ck all to do with Capello or Rafa, and I'm stunned you even brought this sh*te comparison. So you're practically blaming Rafa now for how sh*te England are? :laugh:
The day the media stop picking the English side, and the day England stop thinking they are a world power on the world stage is the day they might actually get to another final eventually.
Catch a f*cking grip. Mods, lock this sh*te.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:34 pm

See the only comparison I can see is that Rafa got the same sh*te from gobsh*te supporters when things went belly up. You only sing when yer winning. The manager - damned if he does, damned if he don't springs to mind. You want to know why England were so sh*te? Go watch the match again and have a look at John Terry. Positional awareness of a Sunday leaguer.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Emerald Red wrote:See the only comparison I can see is that Rafa got the same sh*te from gobsh*te supporters when things went belly up. You only sing when yer winning. The manager - damned if he does, damned if he don't springs to mind. You want to know why England were so sh*te? Go watch the match again and have a look at John Terry. Positional awareness of a Sunday leaguer.

Spot on Lad
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Molby's bellybutton fluff » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I've been a bit disappointed by Capello with England. He does remind me of Rafa in one sense, and that is his sureness that he is right, which can turn into stubbornness sometimes. The England team should have been 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard off Rooney and Joe Cole on the left. Everybody knows that would have been the best way to play, but for some reason Capello didn't like the idea and so it never happened. Gerrard at left midfield is madness in my honest opinion.
Molby's bellybutton fluff

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 pm

throw the word rafa into any conversation and people will immediately fly off the handle before engaging their brains. the comparison is simple really - even a bit too simple perhaps. capello didn't set out the team to the best of its strengths and all too often neither did rafa.

as we've seen from the teams playing the best football so far this tournament, the game is more about fluidity, imagination and teamwork that it is about organisation and rigid gameplans. a good manager should be able to get the players at his disposal to play as a team - but then capello hasn't been the first to fail with england in that respect.

and i still can't work out how the opener can look like blaming rafa for england's failure.
Last edited by andy_g on Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 pm

I never seen so many people split by the Rafa debate, never seen so many people so annoyed and remain loyal to a manager after he has been sacked. That alone speaks volumes for the way teh club is being run that there isnt even a concensus of opinion.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Molby's bellybutton fluff wrote:I've been a bit disappointed by Capello with England. He does remind me of Rafa in one sense, and that is his sureness that he is right, which can turn into stubbornness sometimes. The England team should have been 4-4-1-1 with Gerrard off Rooney and Joe Cole on the left. Everybody knows that would have been the best way to play, but for some reason Capello didn't like the idea and so it never happened. Gerrard at left midfield is madness in my honest opinion.

I agree with that about Joe Cole, he should have been in from the start.
Also agree Gerrard on the left is ridiculous.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:See the only comparison I can see is that Rafa got the same sh*te from gobsh*te supporters when things went belly up. You only sing when yer winning. The manager - damned if he does, damned if he don't springs to mind. You want to know why England were so sh*te? Go watch the match again and have a look at John Terry. Positional awareness of a Sunday leaguer.

Spot on Lad

So Capello played the right formations and made the right changes when needed? 4 4 2 non stop worked?

Stick to moaning, leave the real football talk to people that have a clue
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:11 pm

the problem with us english is that we talk the talk but dont walk the walk. Were a spoilt nation thats the true fact end of! Would the premiership be as good with no foreigners init. Not a fecking chance.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

there a remany problems mate, defenders with no pace, players too static, they look like theyve never played together, no pride, no change when needed
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

fabio capello is a far better club manager than rafa. In this turmoil we could do a hell of alot worse than capello. The england players let the nation down not capello.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Molby's bellybutton fluff » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:01 pm

The thread isn't really abut Capello as club manager, but I wouldn't touch him if it was me. That keep your distance/coldness stuff is all very well, but nobody will ever convince me that the extra 5% needed to win lots of matches consecutively (many of which you don't deserve to win because nobody plays well every week) isn't to be found in the building of a collective team spirit. Managers who can get inside the heads of the players, who aren't afraid of having natural born winners and leaders in their midst are the ones who will prosper in the Premiership.

If Capello was able to have a wishlist of all the best players then for sure he's a decent manager, but in the situation we find ourselves in he isn't what we're looking for. Not for me anyway.
Molby's bellybutton fluff

Postby tonyeh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Too stubborn for me and persists with weakness (Heskey)...

...and I've had enough of that.
tonyeh

Postby rocky29 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Molby's bellybutton fluff wrote:The thread isn't really abut Capello as club manager, but I wouldn't touch him if it was me. That keep your distance/coldness stuff is all very well, but nobody will ever convince me that the extra 5% needed to win lots of matches consecutively (many of which you don't deserve to win because nobody plays well every week) isn't to be found in the building of a collective team spirit. Managers who can get inside the heads of the players, who aren't afraid of having natural born winners and leaders in their midst are the ones who will prosper in the Premiership.

If Capello was able to have a wishlist of all the best players then for sure he's a decent manager, but in the situation we find ourselves in he isn't what we're looking for. Not for me anyway.

you mean what maureen does? Lick the players ars'e's when at chelsea he keep saying drogba is the best striker in the world. Then as soon as he goes to inter milan he says imbrahimovic is the best whiich is laughable. Why did terry do his england speech. Because spoilt brats dont like being told what to do and make excuses for not winning.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion