Rafa, my take on the love and hate. - Stay with me on this.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Raven » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:36 am

I like many others are still not sure if letting him go was the right thing.

Points for, Clearly some of his buys, subs and tatics where not right. Who can forget mach playing right back, or steves face when he tugged torres we all thought it to, or Keane.

Points against.
The season before we should have won the dam league. No ifs or buts he came so close. So to then force him out without giving him half a season to put it right isnt fair.

Do i think he should come back now? Probably not. He needs a break inter has done nothing but harm his rep. Do i understand why some would want him back of course! People need to execpt that ship has sailed. Right or wrong.

He and his players gave me some of the best nights of football in my life.

In short he wasnt perfect by any means and his last season was baffleing at times. Discounting that the only thing i can see he is guilty off was making us dream.
The Raven

Postby Red-er-Dare » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:53 am

It was the right thing to do, letting him go. Bringing Hodgson in hasn't worked out up until now and it probably won't but that doesn't alter the fact things became untenable for Rafa here.

You're quite right he did make us dream, until reality hit unfortunately. I think he's also guilty of making certain factions of the forum and fans alike for the wet dreams they're still having over him.
Red-er-Dare

Postby boodiddy1 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:10 am

For anyone to contemplate bringing Rafa back, he really needs to change his image. Maybe, without distraction and restarints he can bring in good players like he did early in his first stint. Also, have to remember that given the chance he would of signed Villa for 5m, alves for 12m, simao for 10m. He could spot the talent, but due to financial constraints probably had to settle for 2-3rd choice.

However, his man management skills were simply shocking. The modern footballer is a pansy, who needs an arm around the shouder and a cuddle in some cases! I really couldnt see the players who played under him wanting to stay. He went stale and those players went stale with him. Lets just thank the man for the early years and as a club we must move on.

A new direction is needed at the club. I'd love Kenny to help Coyle here, like Sir Bob helped Kenny in his first few years at the club when he was player manager. A breath of fresh air and two scots singing off the same hymn sheet.

This club needs to entertain its fans and win trophies. Our football has been too machine like under the last two regimes. Roy is a stop gap, this season is a wash out and lets just concentrate on a new rebuilding job. I'd even go as far as to say that the rebuilding shouldnt be around Stevie. He can be the experience in there but not the jewel in the team. Regardless of his marvalous talent.

Our great teams were just that, great teams. The individual was for Spurs, Utd etc. We had a team ethos that helped us to become the greatest team on the planet. We need to go there again.
boodiddy1

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:24 am

I think that if Rafa had a big budget, we'd be right on top.  Sure he made mistakes with Aqualini and Dossena, but who hasn't.  Ferguson threw away lots of cash on many midfield flops don't forget.  Rafa brought in Alonso and Masch who were some of the best midfielders in this club's history.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:I think that if Rafa had a big budget, we'd be right on top.  Sure he made mistakes with Aqualini and Dossena, but who hasn't.  Ferguson threw away lots of cash on many midfield flops don't forget.  Rafa brought in Alonso and Masch who were some of the best midfielders in this club's history.

Rafa did have a big budget...but he did things like buy player that were not fit.

It was right that he should have gone, in my view he should have gone 3 years ago.

this is down to (in my view) building a team thats main am was the CL.

That is not the Liverpool way.

Liverpool FC got its name by being the best team in the english leagues. winning it year in year out. this has nothappend for 20 years now. Rafa was givin the job of making it happen, GH said it would take him two more years to do tht, the club said that was to long, Rafa gotthe job. a man in my view that had a lack of undestanding of liverpool and english football. we was shown this by the way wegot knocked out in the fa cup that year. yes he took a lot from that, he understood how much te cuo meant to liverpool.

he he never undrstod that a small club can beat a big club in england, in his mind we are liverpool and you do not fight us. he took this from how other leagues around the world tend to work.

the English game is not lke that, thats wh you can beat ateam 9-0 one week a few weeks later that can knock you out of the a cup.

Rafa had to go so the club could move on and find its english roots again and get back to what we are good at.

I think over te year the mind set of the board has not helped, the greed of the money from the CL took over and Prem was starting to be left out. they wanted some of the fame that Man u was getting from doing well in the new CL. Raga gave tem that in his forst year, ok it was no his team but he know how touse them to beat clubs in an area heknew very well....Europe

If Rafa ever come back to this club it would be a mistake, w are trying to move the club on, we have new owners that have a very real feelfor the clubs history, they have said to do well you must win you home title and once again be the best there is.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 am

Thread moved, Rafa's gone we should all get over it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mart » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

This is a really unnecessary thread destined to bring out the usual flamewars.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

mart wrote:This is a really unnecessary thread destined to bring out the usual flamewars.

What Mart said.

Its not like this hasnt been discussed a million times already is it?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:36 pm

Ciggy wrote:
mart wrote:This is a really unnecessary thread destined to bring out the usual flamewars.

What Mart said.

Its not like this hasnt been discussed a million times already is it?

agreed
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby neil » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Please stop it
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion