England vs portugal - Gerrard to score the winner

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:22 am

The_Rock wrote:I have seen the red card...i don't think rooney deserve to be sent off to be frank.... i mean, carvellho went "into" him in the 1st place.

Carvellho is a focking cheat...

LMAO  :talktothehand   :laugh:   :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:32 am

Think its about time this was locked its over now move on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:06 am

Last edited by laza on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:25 am

This is my first post and its dedicated to all those who are celebrating englands defeat.
-roonies face as he left the field after being red carded was priceless.

But i did feel some sympathy for beckam.Hes a nice bloke,just found himself playing for a :censored: team and country.

*Another excuse to break the champaigne*
phiber

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:31 am

smack ronaldo in the eye for winking at scolari, moments aftern rooney was sent off.

i hope rooney sticks the nut on him when back in club training. Anyway, at least we got to kick portugal in the balls. It was about time that cheating SOB carvalho got a painful reminder that he is the biggest cheat in football (up there with robben).
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:03 am

Judge wrote:smack ronaldo in the eye for winking at scolari, moments aftern rooney was sent off.

i hope rooney sticks the nut on him when back in club training. Anyway, at least we got to kick portugal in the balls. It was about time that cheating SOB carvalho got a painful reminder that he is the biggest cheat in football (up there with robben).

sore losers Image
Last edited by phiber on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
phiber

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:48 am

sorry if this has been posted somewhere before, but this is a brilliant manoeuvre from gerrard to burn the ring of fire in manchester  :buttrock

Gerrard disgust at Ronaldo's cup antics
Jul 3 2006

By Matt Barlow Baden-Baden, Daily Post

STEVEN GERRARD has launched a verbal attack on Cristiano Ronaldo for rushing up to the referee to make sure Wayne Rooney was sent off during England's World Cup defeat to Portugal.

Ronaldo and Rooney are team-mates at Manchester United, but there was no friendship on show in Gelsenkirchen as England bowed out 3-1 after a penalty shoot-out decided the quarter-final encounter which had finished goalless after extra-time.

The Portugal winger sprinted towards referee Horatio Elizondo shouting: "Did you see that?" after Rooney had raked his studs into Ricardo Carvalho.

Gerrard said: "I saw that, and if it was one of my team-mates I'd be absolutely disgusted in him because there's no need for that.

"I've seen Ronaldo going over giving the card and I think he's bang out of order."

Rooney turned and pushed Ronaldo away and Argentinian referee Elizondo instantly produced the red card.

Ronaldo, who eventually scored the winning penalty, turned and winked at his team-mates.

Gerrard said: "I think that sums him up as a person.

"If I was playing against my team-mates from Liverpool and they were involved in a situation like that, I'd never try and get them sent off."

Gerrard thought England should have been awarded a free-kick for a foul on Rooney before the flashpoint.

The Liverpool skipper said: "He had four or five Portuguese men all over him and I walked away thinking we were going to get a free-kick.

"Wayne Rooney won't get any blame from me because I love him and he's done so much for this team. He's going to do so much in the future."

Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Jamie Carragher all missed penalties in the shoot-out.

Owen Hargreaves was the only England player to score.

Gerrard said: "I just can't get the penalty out of my head. I feel numb at the minute.

"I was man enough to step up and take it but, the way I hit a ball, I should score a penalty.

"It never went exactly where I wanted it to go. I've taken maybe 20 or 30 penalties and I've probably scored 95% of them.

"I tried to do what I did for Liverpool in the FA Cup final but my strike wasn't good enough."

England played for more than an hour with 10 men and Gerrard admitted he was exhausted by the time he stepped up to take a penalty.

Gerrard said: "It was the hardest game I've ever played in when we went down to 10.

"None of the lads had anything left out there. We did well getting it to penalties and I just thought it was going to be our time.

"I'm just absolutely sick I haven't scored my penalty."

Gerrard added: "You could tell by the manager's face he was absolutely gutted."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:53 am

I was disappointed with the penalty defeat and the managers inept team selection and tactics.
But thats all i was...disappointed. It was strange really, i remember in the European Championships 2 years ago being gutted. I am not in the slightest bit angry or bothered at the moment.
Just looking forward to the reds pre-season games now.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:58 am

phiber wrote:
Judge wrote:smack ronaldo in the eye for winking at scolari, moments aftern rooney was sent off.

sore losers Image

Are you a jock? cos you aint gonna make many friends here with comments like "sore losers" pal
sore yes but always English :veryangry
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:14 am

clik wrote:
phiber wrote:

sore losers Image

Are you a jock? cos you aint gonna make many friends here with comments like "sore losers" pal

i am a God fearing irishman.. Image

right now i dont want to be your friend,maybe later when the season starts Image
phiber

Postby clik » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:21 am

phiber wrote:
clik wrote:
phiber wrote:

sore losers Image

right now i dont want to be your friend,maybe later when the season starts Image

if you had a national team that got to major tournaments yuo'd know how it felt but as you've little experience of it you wouldn't have a clue, to be honest i think the rest of britain is a tad jealous :
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby matrix » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:57 am

Simao praises England defence
By Francisco Acedo | Sunday 2nd JulyPrint this pageEmail page
WORLD CUP PODCASTS
Sky Sports News' brand new podcasting service is available now.

Team links:
Portugal
Player links:
Simao Sabrosa
Portugal midfielder Simao Sabrosa gave credit to England's defence in their penalty shoot-out win on Saturday.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side saw off The Three Lions at the quarter final stages of a major competition for a second time, as they advanced to a World Cup semi-final clash with France in Munich on Wednesday.

Though delighted to be through, the Benfica midfielder underlined the difficulty his side had in trying to penetrate the England ten-man rearguard following Wayne Rooney's sending off early in the second half.

"It was a complicated match because the two teams have much respect for each other and with this situation, goalscoring chances were few and far between," Simao told Portuguese daily Record.

"The match was very passionate, although Portugal could not have scored with one more man on the field.

"In that moment, we played laterally but England have an excellent defence.

"With such players, it was very difficult to break down the English defence. It was like a bunker."

Simao conceded that the fortune they had in the penalty shoot-out could have easily gone against them, claiming they will try to take things one step at a time.

"It is certain that the fortune factor was present in the match, but in penalties, it is a lottery," he added.

"In penalties, the team that wins have more fortune and Portugal are very happy to pass through to the semi-finals.

"Portugal only think match-to-match and now we want the physical recuperation for the next match.

"None of us have believed yet that Portugal have arrived to the semi-finals."

NICE WORDS FROM SIMAO...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby phiber » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:23 am

ImageImageImage
phiber

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:29 am

phiber wrote:ImageImageImage

wrong place to gloat really mate, if most pool fans are like me we are not really that bothered.

club first, national team a distant second
112-1077774096

Postby Mikz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:33 am

clik wrote:
phiber wrote:
clik wrote:
phiber wrote:

sore losers Image

if you had a national team that got to major tournaments yuo'd know how it felt but as you've little experience of it you wouldn't have a clue, to be honest i think the rest of britain is a tad jealous :

Wise yerself up- we would never be jealous of England. They are out -unluckily beaten on penalties-so get over it.
The aussies were given a worse fate in the very last minute against Italy and there wasnt half the crying and gurning about that ...
Just remember you dont have the DIVINE right to win every tournament..youre not as good as you think you are .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion