Australia v brasil

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Well done to Australia.  Great performance against the World Champs and were unlucky not to earn at least a draw, I thought.  Too bad our Harry missed a sitter when Dida spilled!

A draw or win against a mediocre Croatian side is very doable and it would be a great thing for world football to have Australia through to the final 16.

(Concerning the ref, I agree that things really seemed to all go Brasil's way in the 2nd half.  Merck is one of the best refs in the world so I was quite disappointed with his decision making.)

Cheers BB.

I really need to go to bed (5am here), haven't slept a wink but the mind is still going at 100kmh.

:D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:49 pm

PhiLFC wrote:The referee was a fcuking disgrace... freekick after freekick for the over-rated brazilians... are footballers not even allowed to challenge for the ball nowadays?  Probably not... we're all supposed to sit back and give the south american teams loads of space so they can do their tricks.... its good for tv!

My thoughts exactly .

fifa seem bent on turning footy into a purely non contact sport .

Next world cup we can expect to see players wearing ballarina costumes . 
:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:56 pm

radun5 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:The referee was a total Brasilian a'rse kisser , lost count of the number of times he blew for a foul when an aussie player was doing no more than "harassing" a Brasil player who was in possision .
Think the ref was overawed by Brasils reputation and gave them far too much protection .
On the other hand his day job is a dentist,maybe he was trying to sign up some new patients .

:D

On the other hand, he gave the Brazilians some "disputable" yellow cards, I mean he could have not given them if he was an a'rse kisser, as you say

Bollox .

The few descions he gave the Aussies were at best nothing more than compensation for the dozen or so head scratching one's he gave to Brasil .

In a world of high finance sport it about time Fifa got their act together and employed some professionals to boss the game .

A dentist refing a crucial world cup game ? , do me a f'ucking favour .

:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby chris4069 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:00 pm

Harry Kewell has do a good match but he missed an easy goal :(
chris4069

Postby laza » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:05 am

woof woof ! wrote:
PhiLFC wrote:The referee was a fcuking disgrace... freekick after freekick for the over-rated
My thoughts exactly .

fifa seem bent on turning footy into a purely non contact sport .

Next world cup we can expect to see players wearing ballarina costumes . 
:angry:

Spot on , it was like watching a game of hockey there for a while. Pulling up good solid tackles which are one footed every couple of minutes is a joke especially when players can get away such things as shirt pulling. Though i guess with rep we came with to these finals, we will probably always have to deal with whistle happy referees

Looking forward to clash with Croatia, though we really got to bury the chances.
Very impressed with Emerton performance whose i thought hasnt lived up to his potential since moving to the EPL.
Though guy who really seems to have stepped up new level is Lucas Neill, he seems to be growing in stature
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:35 am

Though guy who really seems to have stepped up new level is Lucas Neill, he seems to be growing in stature

I thought Neill had a great game today, seemed to play a class above his previous form (always thought he was a bit of a thug before today)If you had a decent striker you would have won. Disapointed you didnt get a draw because you deserved one. Hard working well organised team performance.
account deleted by request

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 am

Agreed Laza...Emerton seemed to really want to win last night as did Lucas Neill. Both outstanding. In fact I don't think there was a bad player last night although I thought Cahill was trying just too hard and spoiling opportunites that with a little more patience could have built into something positive rather than just groans of frustration.

You're right, we MUST take our chances against Croatia. Can't loose...under NO circumstances.

If we do progress it looks as though we could meet Italy, and as we know ANYTHING is possible there. :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:58 am

There is just too much 'star' protection going on last night. It's as though FIFA deems it more important to protect their current assets (stars) rather allowing others to develop, especially in footballing backwaters like Ghana, Australia, etc.

I was bitterly disappointed that some of our players were being pulled up when they were holding the front position and the Brazillian defender was going from behind. This happened repeatedly in tackles involving Cafu, Carlos & Gilberto. And what's wrong with creating a bit of pressure for a player on the ball even if it means putting hands on him...as long as there is no foul. Too much hypocracy for my liking. It seems that Perriera's winge before the tournament started had the diesired effect...all the FIFA referee are bowing and scraping. T0ssers!!   

And Emerton getting a yellow card for saying too much yet Croatian players can virtually wrestle the referee in remonstrating!!! BS!!!

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:07 am

unlucky Oz, and i mean that. They (oz) played well, and 2-0 flattered Brazil
Last edited by Judge on Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chris4069 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:47 am

Fred the player of Lyon has scored. I am a fan of Lyon and i am very happy for his
chris4069

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:28 pm

chris4069 wrote:Fred the player of Lyon has scored. I am a fan of Lyon and i am very happy for his

Oh goody, Uncle Fred scored. Yahoo!!! Let's hear it for Fred.

He didn't do anything he was just 'Johnny on the spot'...even Mark Viduka could have scored that one. :eyebrow

Now look what you've done. You've made me sound all bitter and twisted.  :D

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:40 pm

Funny story coming out this match...

Ordinarily Australia might have been excused for a bit of 'star gazing' with the glittering array of talent Brasil has on display all 500 million dollars worth of it (while the entire Australian team probably earns less than Ronaldinho).

There was no star gazing as Guus had the Aussies in such a mind set and so determined that when Roberto Carlos approached Scott Chipperfield after the match indicating to Chipperfield that he might like to sovenier Carlos's shirt, Chipper looked directly at Carlos and said, "Why, who are you??" Apparently the assist. Brasillian coach was stunned and left speachless.    :D

PMSL when I heard this. Yeah, some people will say it's arrogant of the Aussie but it's probably just giving as good as he got. A few of the Brasilian were less than complementary with some of their comments and the worst one (apparently) was Ronaldo from what I have heard.

Above all it showed the Aussies were not going to be afraid to face the Brazillians and were certainly not going to be overawed.

:;):

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:49 pm

Lionheart wrote:Funny story coming out this match...

Ordinarily Australia might have been excused for a bit of 'star gazing' with the glittering array of talent Brasil has on display all 500 million dollars worth of it (while the entire Australian team probably earns less than Ronaldinho).

There was no star gazing as Guus had the Aussies in such a mind set and so determined that when Roberto Carlos approached Scott Chipperfield after the match indicating to Chipperfield that he might like to sovenier Carlos's shirt, Chipper looked directly at Carlos and said, "Why, who are you??" Apparently the assist. Brasillian coach was stunned and left speachless.    :D

PMSL when I heard this. Yeah, some people will say it's arrogant of the Aussie but it's probably just giving as good as he got. A few of the Brasilian were less than complementary with some of their comments and the worst one (apparently) was Ronaldo from what I have heard.

Above all it showed the Aussies were not going to be afraid to face the Brazillians and were certainly not going to be overawed.

:;):

:D Yesss  :buttrock I hope its a true story

Anyway... like I said previously I thought Australia were superb but feel that Emerton and Lucas Neill were THE   two class players on the pitch
PhiLFC

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:55 pm

Yeh bad luck Australia :D you did your country proud even if it is your 5th favourite sport and Australia as a whole don't give a sh@t :;): As for Brazil they will get better and Robinho will be thier next star he's a fantastic prospect, the Aussies done well but i can't see past Cahill the Kunt i hate him and should have been off the pitch well before scoring two goals against Korea.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:56 pm

...Merk awarded 25 free-kicks to Brazil while Australia won only nine...

From the BBC.... fcuking says it all... asre licking the Brazilians
PhiLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion