Australia v brasil

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:01 pm

PhiLFC wrote:...Merk awarded 25 free-kicks to Brazil while Australia won only nine...

From the BBC.... fcuking says it all... asre licking the Brazilians

Most of those free kicks were taken by Carlos never any danger of them going near the goal, the best free kick taker is Juninho who was on the bench and the Ronaldinho who didn't take any either F@ck the refs in this tornement most of them are shocking.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:04 pm

Harry Kewell may be forced to sit out Australia's final Group F match against Croatia after FIFA charged him with insulting referee Markus Merk.

The winger clashed with Merk as the players left the field at the end of the Socceroos' 2-0 defeat against Brazil on Sunday and the German match official responded by reporting him to the tournament organisers.

The charge could lead to Kewell being suspended for the vital game with Croatia, the outcome of which will decide whether Australia progress to the last 16.

FIFA communications director Markus Siegler said: "FIFA have opened disciplinary procedures against Harry Kewell. It was reported in the referee's report that he insulted the referee several times.

"He has until tomorrow [June 20] to respond and a decision will be taken before Australia's final group match."

Kewell admitted immediately after the match that he should not have challenged Merk, but claimed the official would not have a problem with the incident.

"You're frustrated, you're losing the game, every referee puts up with it. I mean, it's part and parcel of the game. He knows there's no harm meant by it," said the Liverpool star.

"You go out there and play so well against the world champions and you come off losing, whereas you think you should have come off with something. He understands that, that's the way it is.

"It was a hard match to referee, and he did a good job."
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:08 pm

Well done to Australia. Thought they deserved at least a draw out of the game.

Personally I think the lack of hunger in the Brazilian players is astounding. It might click all of a sudden but they just don't look ar$ed at all to me.

Also, Ronaldo and Adriano are an awful front pairing. Both are so lazy it's unreal and if Adriano was another nationality he wouldnt get half as much hype as he does.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:09 pm

mistyred wrote:Yeh bad luck Australia :D you did your country proud even if it is your 5th favourite sport and Australia as a whole don't give a sh@t :;): As for Brazil they will get better and Robinho will be thier next star he's a fantastic prospect, the Aussies done well but i can't see past Cahill the Kunt i hate him and should have been off the pitch well before scoring two goals against Korea.

Now that's what I call talking from your butt!!!  ???

Football is growing rapidly here. The new A-league has had a successful first year...so it's onward and upward.

True football (true football, our football) has taken a back seat for too long in this country but most of that was because of administrative incompetence. We seemed to have turned a corner. Much to the horror of the other codes (AFL, League & Union), football is gathering momentum. We haven't had the luxury of 200 years of playing the sport as the almost exclusive ball game in the country. Give us some credit please.

There are a lot of people who are on the bandwagon with our lads success now all we can do is try and keep them on the wagon and allow them to see 'The Beautiful Game' played at it's best.

So when you support the England team (I'm assuming you are English) you don't support Fat Frank, Ferdinand, etc. It must be difficult for you to be the least bit patriotic.

Ah..Korea is in group G. We haven't played anyone from group G yet and aren't expected to until the semi finals. But it could be Korea that we play (if we get that far...I WISH!!) and if Cahill the Kunt scores two goals I'll give him my daughters as a gift!!!   :wwww    :laugh:   Do you mean Japan?? But they all look alike don't they!!!   :eyebrow     :D  (nothing meant with that comment folks!!)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Lionheart wrote:Ah..Korea is in group G. We haven't played anyone from group G yet and aren't expected to until the semi finals. But it could be Korea that we play (if we get that far...I WISH!!) and if Cahill the Kunt scores two goals I'll give him my daughters as a gift!!!   :wwww    :laugh:   Do you mean Japan?? But they all look alike don't they!!!   :eyebrow     :D  (nothing meant with that comment folks!!)

:laugh:   :D  Just having a laugh new i'd get a response and yeh i did meean Japan sorry folks  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Got me hook, line and sinker. Too good for me lad!!! :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:33 pm

despite missing a sitter, i thought harry looked quite good when he came on.

incidentally, can somebody explain to me how that breschiano guy is the most expensive australian player ever? i thought he was garbabe. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lionheart » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:50 pm

stmichael wrote:despite missing a sitter, i thought harry looked quite good when he came on.

incidentally, can somebody explain to me how that breschiano guy is the most expensive australian player ever? i thought he was garbabe. :D

Bresha's goal was the one that sunk Uraguay in Sydney. He's next to God in Oz.

Hasn't been at his best (injured) but did ok in this match I thought. He's a quality player when he's right.

He was signed to Parma from Empoli. Apparently they wanted him bad enough to pay big bucks.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Bresca been excellent for us in recent years though apparently he is suffering from of all things an ear infection leading up to this tourney.
Not sure whether that has impacted but he hasnt shown his best for us so far
Harry certainly does look better coming off the bench
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Well australia gave them a good game but in the end brazil were just too much to handle, australia could of got a result against them though if it wasnt for poor finishing
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:37 am

laza wrote:Bresca been excellent for us in recent years though apparently he is suffering from of all things an ear infection leading up to this tourney.
Not sure whether that has impacted but he hasnt shown his best for us so far
Harry certainly does look better coming off the bench

A middle ear infection can and will affect a players balance, especially when turning rapidly and bending over...hence accuracy (as in shooting) will also be a consideration. The effects shouldn't be long lasting though, unless there is tissue scarring.

He should be ok by now.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:35 am

FIFA have said that Kewell can play in the last group game against Croatia.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:40 am

Brazil will not go too far in this world cup if they can't be ars@d to play the games as if they mean something, Australia will shock a few teams with thier work ethic, Hiddink is a top Coach and knows how the game should be played
on the other hand Brazils most energetic player seems to be a 36 year old Cafu along with a 22 year old sub ??? Go figure.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:40 am

2520years wrote:FIFA have said that Kewell can play in the last group game against Croatia.

Lucky boy , the heat of moment obviously got to him and it could be argued with good reason. However the ref is sacrosant and he could have been in a bit of trouble
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:15 pm

laza wrote:
2520years wrote:FIFA have said that Kewell can play in the last group game against Croatia.

Lucky boy , the heat of moment obviously got to him and it could be argued with good reason. However the ref is sacrosant and he could have been in a bit of trouble

Apparently HK got off because of conflicting stories from the officials.  :eyebrow

I call that, poetic justice!!!!   :D

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion