Australia v azzuri

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Sparky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:36 pm

the game of football is being tarnished by diving scum bags and the refereeing in this tournament is turning it into a farce!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby davo_LFC » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:39 pm

That must be gutting for the aussies. No way was that anywhere near a penalty. You have to credit the italians though, they defended brilliantly and demonstrated the art of defending with great organisation and tactical excellence. They havent been at their best so far but have a good chance to win it i think.  They played some decent stuff today without being clinical but if they can address that problem they will be a big force. Unlucky australia, i just felt they didnt make enough of the opportunity when italy went down to 10 men. Saying that though, it is very difficult for any team to create chances against a team as defensively great as italy.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby oakton » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 pm

I am shattered!!! This is the worst part of football, bloody diving cheats!!  How hard is it to distinguish a dive and a real trip??  Those referees are a bunch of idiots!!
oakton

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 pm

Football is such a cruel game sometimes, feel sorry for our fellow reds in Oz Laza, Lionheart etc, take pride out of what your team achieved.

Guus got it wrong IMO he should have brought on two pairs of fresh legs its all or nothing at that stage you have to go for the kill.

Sorry for you guys.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I agree with that ciggy- Australia should have tore into them when Materazzi went walkies.
Feel sorry for the ozzies, they gave it one helluva go in this world cup..If they hadve got by Italy and I think they would have in extra time-they wouldve had maybe switzerland ..who knows how far they would have went.
Another game ruined by a stupid referee-i hope he looks back on it later...and cancels that trip to sydney  :glare:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:46 pm

At first I was impressed with the controlled way in which the Aussies aproached the game .They kept possesion ,played the simple ball ,no hollywood passes or ridiculous strkes .I began to question Aussie chances however when Italy lost a player and Australia failed to step up a gear and take full advantage ,at that point I thought maybe Hiddinks plan was to try and take the game to penalties, a very dangerous ploy as even with 10 men the Italians always looked far more menacing going forward and lets face it the Aussies although  having significantly more possesion never really looked as though they would score having failed to really pour on the pressure.

Tough luck on the penalty decision but if anyone was gonna score in normal time all the signs said it would be the Italians . A great world cup for Australia , better luck next time .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:58 pm

I watched the game and want to say to the aussies on here well done and hard luck, i think you actually missed both Kewell and Brett Emerton, players who can carry the ball at pace and commit defenders.
It was never a penalty and to concede it in injury time is heartbreaking. To be fair to the italians though Materazzi's sending off was in keeping with majority of red cards in this tournament (disgraceful refereeing decision) until then the azzuri looked far the more likely team to score.
Chipperfield had a great game but the midfield did lack ideas and the fact that Viduka was on his own upfront (not the most mobile of strikers) really hindered your chances of making the break through in the second half.
For Australia's first tournament in years though they were magnificent and the performances in every game showed a passion and the commitment that England could do with matching should we want to progress beyond the quarters.
Lastly although it was never a penalty what was our old friend Lucas Neill playing at ? Not only going to ground in the box, but also doing it without having a clue where the Italy player was going.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:00 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Lastly although it was never a penalty what was our old friend Lucas Neill playing at ? Not only going to ground in the box, but also doing it without having a clue where the Italy player was going.

That'll be his move to Barcelona fecked :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm

john craig wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Lastly although it was never a penalty what was our old friend Lucas Neill playing at ? Not only going to ground in the box, but also doing it without having a clue where the Italy player was going.

Seriously though John, have you EVER seen a player go to ground virtually on the touchline and not have any idea where the opposing player was going to go ?
There was only one thing the italian could do and Neill was oblivious to it.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:12 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
john craig wrote:

Seriously though John, have you EVER seen a player go to ground virtually on the touchline and not have any idea where the opposing player was going to go ?
There was only one thing the italian could do and Neill was oblivious to it.

I know.  It looked like he just shat himself when he saw the Italian breaking into the box and had a rush of blood.  Grosso made themost of it but you're right, all Neill had to do was stand his ground and it would have made life far more difficult for his opponent.  No composure showing a lack of experience at that level.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:23 pm

john craig wrote:I know.  It looked like he just shat himself when he saw the Italian breaking into the box and had a rush of blood.  Grosso made themost of it but you're right, all Neill had to do was stand his ground and it would have made life far more difficult for his opponent.  No composure showing a lack of experience at that level.

I felt really sorry for the aussies who had worked hard and had a great tournament but sorry to laza and lionheart and co i was made up it was Neills fault he is a c@ck and a dirty b@stard.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:28 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I felt really sorry for the aussies who had worked hard and had a great tournament but sorry to laza and lionheart and co i was made up it was Neills fault he is a c@ck and a dirty b@stard.

Ditto, I can't stand the kunt, he's an animal and his challenge that broke Carra's leg a few years back epitomises all that he is about.  Bad challenge, no remorse, he even had the cheek to profess his innocence rather than check Carra was ok.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:40 pm

Just read on BBC teletex Harry Kewell missed todays game because of GOUT not his groin problem.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 pm

That's Italy for you. We were eliminated by them in USA, with one of our players bleeding from the nose due to an elbow blow, and no penalty awarded. Italy are like that. I know how you feel, and I'm sorry.

But I have to congratulate you aswell, I didn't expect a championship like this from the Aussies. I was wrong about Oz, and I must admit it.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:24 pm

Gutted for Australia.  That was not a penalty.  Poor refereeing again.  :angry:

But a congratulations to the Aussies.  You did your country proud in this tournament.  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion