Australia v brasil

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Lionheart » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:17 pm

Ok, how does Australia beat Brasil or at least take a point off them?

Personally speaking, I think the Aussie do have a chance to take a point but unless Brasil are playing particularly poorly we don't 'realistically' have a chance of taking all three points.

You guys know how the game and how it is played (specifically Brasil), how about some constructive advice/suggestions.   :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:39 pm

TBH the only main result I  want is no injuries and no yellow cards to the four players already carded to give us the best chance against Croatia.
Maybe our best chance will come from Japanese doing us a favour against the Croats.
Our best chance would be Holland game like performance to get a point from them. That was going to be difficult enough and I dont think reaction that Brazil side received after Croat game has done us any favours
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:51 pm

TBH the only main result I  want is no injuries and no yellow cards to the four players already carded to give us the best chance against Croatia.

So does this mean we use the likes of Popovic, Kennedy, Sterjovski & Co.? Instead of Moore, Aloisi & Cahill or does Guus instruct them to play with extreme care?

Maybe our best chance will come from Japanese doing us a favour against the Croats.

I'd like to see that!!! :D

I think we can take a point from them but they have to be playing below the standard we know they are capable of.

Time will tell. I'd like us to be able to go into the Croatia game with our own destiny in our hands. That's not too much to ask surely?? :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:01 pm

I cant see us playing a second string LH, besides we dont have the depth and to be honest i rather not see us play that way anyway.
Put the best side out for the Brazillians, we do have one main advantage we have absolutely no expectation of result and therefore nothing to lose
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:57 pm

I'd like to think, that if the Brazilians have an off day and the Aussies have the game of there lives they'd come away with a draw. My Aussie mate, who knows as much about soccer as I do GAYFL thinks that Australia can win on intimidation and physical presence alone. Which is not true of course as football will 9 times out of 10 prevail. But the good thing about Australia as Hiddink said is ' most teams playing Brazil are beat before they even get on the field'. With Australia they have the mentality ' we dont give a f.uck who you are, we'll play our own game'.

Thats there fighting chance.
66-1112520797

Postby Fowler_ The _Prowler » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:40 pm

Brazil will win comfortably.
Fowler_ The _Prowler

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:02 am

I hope Australia win for all you lads, whatever happens I know you will give Brazil a game. Iv never known the Aussies to lie down at any sport and I dont think your going to start now.
account deleted by request

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:28 am

Bamaga man wrote:I'd like to think, that if the Brazilians have an off day and the Aussies have the game of there lives they'd come away with a draw.

plus and ounce of luck for us...alternatively, an ounce of back luck for them.

Nah, I would just like to see a competative football match.  :)

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:31 am

laza wrote:I cant see us playing a second string LH, besides we dont have the depth and to be honest i rather not see us play that way anyway.
Put the best side out for the Brazillians, we do have one main advantage we have absolutely no expectation of result and therefore nothing to lose

Honestly Laza, I'm not going to be too surprised if we see the likes of Popavic getting a start in place of Moore. But I'd prefer to see Cahill start in place of Sterjovski. I don't rate him as high as what Guus does but that's why Guus is coach of Australia and I'm in a little hick backwater in Tasmania!!!   :p    :D

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:34 am

How i wish i was in Aus at the moment. Read in the paper over here  that employers in aus are encouraged to let Monday be a rostered day off. That would be great, hate walking around like a zombie at work, but no way am i going to miss this game.

And it looks like Guus has conceded defeat defeat, and will be resting the yello carded players for the croatia match. Not sure how i feel about that.

anyway come on Australia !!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:34 am

You may be right LH i was more talking about resting 3 out of the 4.
Everyone talking about Cahill and Moore but Grellla and Aloisi are definately two players
who i like to see play a part against the Croats
Im in the same boat with you over Cahill starting but like Kewell with Urugary game.  Guus seems to like putting star names on the bench and then bringing them on with something to prove :)

Personally while it was good to see Harry get through a whole game against Japan,  I rather see him on the bench as second half impact player rather then Cahill
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:45 am

For what its worth I think Australia should play there strongest side, Cahill to start Kewell I'd agree should stay on the bench. But the players who are riding on the yellows IMO need to be playing. If Guus has decided not to play them well, I'd be inclined to think that sends out the wrong message to his players or shows he lacks confidence in his players. I can obviously see his thinking behind it, but I dont think its Aussie nature to almost conceed defeat. FFS Who would of said before the Ghana Chec game that Ghana would of won the game so convincinly ?

By the way is the Australia Brazil match on tonight or tomorrow ?
66-1112520797

Postby laza » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:48 am

2330 tonight for me mate so if you on eastern seaboard, 0130 Monday morning

Living in the West does have its advantages

:D
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:00 am

laza wrote:2330 tonight for me mate so if you on eastern seaboard, 0130 Monday morning

Living in the West does have its advantages

:D

Yep eastern seaboard for me  :(   :D  Damn it I should catch a flight to Perth maybe. I stayed up for the England match last week aswell, work the next day was very slow and tiring   :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:03 am

Do you know anything about the Aussie players betting scandle? I just heard on sky sports about it but missed most of the details.
account deleted by request

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion