Germany v sweden, argentina v mexico

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:37 pm

Borgetti could have had a sackfull if he had been abit quicker and smarter, Mexico were superb and played abit like the team of 86 fantastic game Damn the Argies lucky B'stards.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:08 pm

Argentina-Mexico was a cracking game for the most part (the inevitable lull in the first part of the 2nd half aside).  Great goal from Marquez but they were unlucky to concede so quickly...it would have been great to see how Argentina responded to the pressure of pegging a team back with elimination staring them in the face.

The Heinze incident was a real turning point and I'm a little surprised that he didn't see red given how card-happy the refs have been.

Ultimately, Mexico went toe to toe and lost out to a wonder strike, which is a real feather in their cap.  They still lacked a bit of a cutting edge in the final 3rd, I felt, but gave the Argies a hell of a game.  Well done.

FAO, Oasis.  Credit to you, mate--you stuck your neck out bigging up Mexico and took a fair amount of stick for it (from me included) but ultimately you got it right.  Nice one! :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:32 pm

FAO, Oasis.  Credit to you, mate--you stuck your neck out bigging up Mexico and took a fair amount of stick for it (from me included) but ultimately you got it right.  Nice one! 

If you look at Mexico's results ONE win from 4 matches it looks like Oasis was wrong, but if you look at Mexico's performances he was definately right. A bit more luck and a better ref and we would be waving goodbuy to the Argies. Whether they could have beaten a top european side (Holland) I am still unsure. They certainly played well enough to justify Oasis's faith.(luckily I never passed an opinion on his mental capacities) :D
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:49 pm

Well it was quite a shock statement to make from my part, especially when you have teams like Holland, England, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Brazil and Argentina in the competition. So backing Mexico and even considering them geninue threats to teams did sound like an outrageous comment to make.  :D
48-1119859832

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion