Germany v sweden, argentina v mexico

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:09 am

Germany havent been playing there usuall comfortable and atacking side in this world cup despite also being the hosts. Ballack whos their man to watch hasnt really given germany what they need going forward for other countries to be worried bout germany. Sweden have got better and better in this competition started off poorly and there for result showed how poor they played by getting a goalless draw v T&T but then they got better and showed this by beating paraguay before coming from behind twice against england to earn a 2-2 draw. I think this will be an intersting match and im going to go for 2-1 Germany.

Argentina, At the moment the only side that worry the :censored:  out of me although they didnt play there great selves against the netherlands. Tevez messi crespo riquelmi when a country have 4 attacking players like this you know they mean business and so far have been far the best team in the competition. Mexico who started well against iran winning 3-1 beofre putting a shcoking performance aginst angola and the 0-0 was a fair result there but stepped up a gear against portugal and was unluckily beat 2-1. This will be a great game and i think it will be closer than some people may think 1-0 Mexico

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:58 pm

Germany vs Sweden has all the makings of a great entertaining match. Germany have a great attacking force but a vulnerable defence. Sweden on the other hand have a decent defence but are somewhat lacking in attacking in terms of lack of composure in front of goal. If the German defence don't switch off and play more compact, then I cannot see Sweden scoring against them. If that happens then I can see Germany coming out winners. I'm going for a 3-1 win for the Germans.

As for Mexico vs Argentina, this won't be an easy ride for Argentina and they certainly won't outclass Mexico by any stretch of the imagination. There won't be a 6-0 scoreline when this match this done and dusted. Argentina got the better of Mexico in the Confederations Cup last year, but only on penalties. Both teams play very similar football, so I anticipate a Chelsea and Liverpool scoreline of 0-0 thru out the 90 mins. Mexico will need to concentrate for the full 90 minutes, they switched off against Portugal and paid the price and if they do that against Argentina then they will pay heavily. Mexico also need to take their chances, as well as not looking for penalties. If they had done both of those things against Portugal Mexico would of won the match 5-2. As for Argentina, they will need to keep up these great performances from the group stage going into this match, they can't afford to showboat, sit back and laze about or they too will suffer. I'm going for a 0-0 draw and then 0-0 thru extra time with Mexico winning 3-2 on penalties.

All in all I anticipate two great matches.
:buttrock
48-1119859832

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:51 pm

Wow, Borowski, the German, is HOT, man  :hearts........

please excuse me I just feel a little overcome..........

:D
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:17 pm

Where was the Sweden side that played against England ? Not knocking the Germans performance but Sweden were pathetic .I honestley thought (before the kick off :D ) this game could have gone into extra time .Glad I'm not a Swedish fan , I'd be going beserk after a peformance that would have shamed  a third division side .

The Germans played well , varied the pace to suit them and have gained massive confidence from their performance BUT I don't see them getting beyond the quarter final where they will probably meet Argentina .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:12 pm

Sweden were played off the park. I've not seen a one sided match on that scale for quite sometime. The Swedish defence was non-existant and if it wasn't for Isaksson they would of been about 6-0 down come the 80th minute. Sweden had no cutting edge in attack and their defence was weak. They simply gave up. Larsson's penalty miss was just woeful, it would of been easier putting it in the back of the net than skying it over the crossbar. Germany were evry good in attack. Podolski and Klose's link up play was just superb as was the partnership between Frings and Ballack.

Had Sweden turned up today and actually played the game could of been so much different. Still you can't knock Germany they played well and in the end deserved to go thru.
48-1119859832

Postby Mikz » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:33 pm

The germans confidence is growing with every game, They are playing well and they are much better than i gave them credit for. They look solid everywhere but defence, and I think when they play against the better sides itll be their downfall.
Looking forward to this next one-Argentina v Mexico-should be a real belter of a battle. Argentina 3-1 for me.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:44 pm

Germany look decent.  Argentina will win and that will be the end for Germany though in the QF.
puroresu

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:46 pm

puroresu wrote:Germany look decent.  Argentina will win and that will be the end for Germany though in the QF.

I love the way everyone writes off the Germans and they always have you eating humble pie by the end of it.  :D

Altho I do agree if Argentina beat Mexico, than they could well knock the Germans out but you can't count Germany out of any football match.
48-1119859832

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:01 pm

Come on Mexico , lets see if Oasis was right and give the Argies a scare . :O
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:05 pm

goal mexico
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:10 pm

I take it you lot are all watching the match. I'm in work at the mo again ,so i'm listening on 5 live AGAIN .

Off tomorrow for the big one tho

1-1 now. Argies just scored.  COME ON MEXICO.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:00 pm

The Argentina - Mexico game is superb. Alot of goal mouth action. Great football being played between the two sides.

Heinze should have been sent off just before the break, Ayala would have never got over to the mexico bloke in time.

Half-time now.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:04 pm

Viva Mexico !

Half time 1-1
Love the way Mexico are playing . Showing fu'ck all respect to argentina and getting stuck in at a 100mph . Argentina should be down to 10 men but once again half ar'sed ref decisions have favoured the BIG team .
C'mon Mexico .

When we sign a player to replace Sammi ,please Rafa have a bite at Marquez ,use all your transfer kitty if you have to, the Barcelona/ Mexican has been magnificent ,and not just in this world cup .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm

1-1 EXTRA TIME  , COME ON MEXICO.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Argentina goal wrongly ruled out for offside in injury time.

Still 1-1 Full time.

Extra time to be played
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion