Germany v sweden, argentina v mexico

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:59 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Argentina goal wrongly ruled out for offside in injury time.

Fu'ck Argentina , what goes around comes around . Ca'nt stand the b'stards .

Viva Mexico .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:05 pm

WHAT A GOAL BY MAXI RODRIGUEZ!!!!

Argies 2 -1 Mexico
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:06 pm

FFS 2-1 Argentina, sounds like another belter.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:09 pm

Damn I was hoping mexico could do it
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:13 pm

cracker of a goal by rodriguez for 2-1
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:34 pm

Sounded like a cracking game ,unlucky Mexico. I'll watch it on MOTD when i get in.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:38 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Sounded like a cracking game ,unlucky Mexico. I'll watch it on MOTD when i get in.

Where do u work?!?
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:44 pm

This has been a truly wonderful match, it's probably the best match of the World Cup and the closet encounter of the World Cup so far, it's just ashame Mexico went out.

My claims that Mexico were geniune contenders doesn't seem so ludacris and outrageous now does it? I thought Mexico played their very best football tonite, and right from the first whistle to the last whistle gave it their all, they played at a high tempo early on, passed the ball very well, created all sorts of space and problems, which Argentina failed to deal with.

Both teams had decisions that went for them and against them. Henize taking out Fonseca when Fonseca was the last man, that should of been a red card decision there was no way, Ayala could of caught up with Fonseca. Then you had Argentina who scored the late goal but what goes around comes around, so I was pleased that goal was wrongly ruled offside. Fonseca was taken out in the penalty area mid way thru extra time, I thought that shud of been a penalty as it was a clear foul, but it wasn't to be.

In the end extra time caught up with Mexico that high tempo game they played the early substitutions that were forced upon them, plus Argentina's late attacking subs is what changed the course of the match.

Argentina won the game by scoring a simply wonderful goal, I must admit my heart sank watching that goal sail in, but I was proud of Mexico, I don't think Argentina will face a tougher game in this World Cup.
48-1119859832

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:48 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Sounded like a cracking game ,unlucky Mexico. I'll watch it on MOTD when i get in.

Where do u work?!?

For Merseyrail mate. 12 o'clock finish. :down:
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Best game so far .

Mexico only just outgunned by a superior Argentine squad and (yet again) a ref who gives vital decisions to the BIG team. Argentina should have been reduced to ten men on the stroke of half time

So many people applauding Argentina , sure when they're in possesion you have to admire the b'stards BUT when they're defending they are the dirtiest bunch of :censored: :censored: :censored: ever to defile a pitch . Sportsmanship is a word that does not exist in Argentina .

Well done Mexico , you've shown the world how to deal with Argentina , show the fu'ckers no respect and go at them

A bit more quality in the side and Mexico would have caused a massive upset .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:14 pm

woof woof ! wrote:A bit more quality in the side and Mexico would have caused a massive upset .

No, if Lavolpe wasn't forced into making two changes quite early on in the game and had Fonesca been given the penalty, I'm sure Mexico would be into the QF.
48-1119859832

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:08 am

The best WC game I've seen in terms of quality and entertainment for many many years. Mexico certainly went for it and especially first half were much the better side. Argentina's Rodriguez however produced a goal in extra time that was worthy of winning a brillant game such as this.

Marquez and Fonseca were superb for Mexico and unlucky to be on the losing side.

Games such as this come along every now and again and it was a provalefge towatch . Our very own "Zarababe" was there so I'm sure she will be giving us a much better account on her rturn the lucky cow !!!! :laugh:

After the propoganga excerciose that WAS Korea/Japan 2002 this World Cup has produced at a much higher level in terms of ability on the pitch , the genuine atmosphere provided by fans and the quality of football on show.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:21 am

Dalglish wrote:this World Cup has produced at a much higher level in terms of ability on the pitch , the genuine atmosphere provided by fans and the quality of football on show.

Agree that there has been some quality football BUT the refereeing has been abysmal . I'm not blaming the refs here , i'm assuming that they're following Fifa's instruction . Throughout this world cup fouls and yellow cards have been given in many instances  for b'ugger all .Just challenging for the ball, with no apparent physical contact made has resulted in a free kick .

Yeah it's been a good world cup so far , but how much better would it have been if Fifa weren't bent on turning it into a "no contact " sport . ?
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:33 am

Hiya Woof , on the Refs I'd say the Assistants have been much worse in terms of critical decisions such as Offside.

The Refs have been a tad "liberal" with the cards (although in Polls case not that liberal enough !! :D ) but  when it comes to offside/Onside decisions the linesmen have been flag happy IMO.

Germany 2006 has shown us just how bad 2002 was. When you consider that Turkey made the quaters after losing twice, drawing with Costa Rica and not having to play a European side at any stage it demonstates how rank the tournament was. Many players were'nt on show in 2002 due to injuries and of those that were many European based players were knackered before the torunie even started on May 31st !

Argentiana and France didn't make the final stages and of thsoe that did a :censored: poor Germany who had bene stuffed 5-1 by England in their own back yard made the final ! ???

No, this WC has been for me the best since 1982 in terms of quality. Of the last 16 teams 14 are who you would expect to be there with only Ecuador and Austrialia considered outsiders. In 2002 at this stage ,  Denmark , Senegal, Paraguay, Turkey , South Korea, Japan and Belgium made the last 16 :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:15 am

:D
As far as "off side" is concerned ,it's a bit of a lottery as (imo) most officials and players all seem to have their own interpretation of the new and apparently undecipherable ruling . Looking at the Sweden Germany game earlier today , could you believe your eye's when you saw a swedish player deliberately standing 3 yards offside in the german box as a freekick was taken only to run back on side as the ball was kicked . Was he not trying to gain some advantage with such a ploy and therefore interfering with play ?

Also we've seen players sheilding a ball , making no attempt to play it , and yet when a player has challenged them with absolute minimal contact the ref has given the defending /passive player a free kick before any REAL/MEATY challenge has been made, and especially when the "defending player" has been Brasilian Argentinian or German  .

As for how many outsiders have made it through to the last 16 compared to the last world cup . Well IMO the Refs have time and time again given 70% of the 50/50 important decisions to the BIG TEAMS . Take the Argentine tackle tonight on the Mexican player who would have been clean through if he hadn't been brought down . The ref gave a yellow card , if it had been a Mexican bringing down an Argentine I'm convinced it would have been a Red . I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories but throughout this world cup I feel t the "bigger" nations have been allowed to get away with stuff that would have cost the "smaller nations" a  red card .

Money makes the world go round , and I'm sure Fifa would prefer to see the likes of Argentina Brasil and host nation Germany progress in the competition rather than the plucky but unfancied Mexico or an uninspired  Sweden .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion