Capello quits !

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

metalhead wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:What's the big deal?

To me it's no loss...... Should have never appointed him in the first place.

The most win percentages than any other English managers before him (67%) and won a sh!t load of trophies with clubs.

But obviously a good Englishman can do better??? Harry or maybe Roy  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

Whats the point of a great win percentage if when it comes to an actual tournament we're sh!t
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 pm

dawson99 wrote:Whats the point of a great win percentage if when it comes to an actual tournament we're sh!t

It has nothing to do with the manager, when was the last time England was in a semi final of a major tournament? It's all down to the quality of players the country produces. Look at Germany and Holland's youth setup, their players are technically superior than that of England's. Most England players on the NT are built to be athletes not footballers. Your major problem is not the manager.

Anyone saw how Ajax's youth team spanked Barca's youth team in the next gen?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

some of the stuff i've heard since he went has been a disgrace. infact it's been borderline xenopohobic. they're all coming out of the woodwork sticking the boot in. people who couldn't wipe capello's ar$e. fry, warnock, claridge "oh he couldn't speak english blah blah blah". claridge, yes steve claridge the journeyman footballer and failed manager at the mighty weymouth even had the audacity to call capello "a sunday league manager".

anyone who thinks arry will save the day is deluded.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I think they have a point, a national manager should be from the nation he is managing, of course he will care more that way.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 pm

he's no alleigence to England. dress it up as much as you like but he's Italian and he naturally has a love for Italy. We need an Englishman in charge of the England team because he's English and proud to represent his Country - England.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Well I really don't give a toss if my NT manager is Haitian, Jamaican, English, German, Italian, etc... All I care is getting results and improving.

Lebanese NT endured a horrible time with a Lebanese manager at helm, fights, problems and conspiracies. Now that he is replaced by a German coach we have beaten South Korea, Kuwait and UAE in the WC qualifiers and close to qualifying for the WC 2014 for the first time in our lives!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 pm

metalhead wrote:Well I really don't give a toss if my NT manager is Haitian, Jamaican, English, German, Italian, etc... All I care is getting results and improving.

Lebanese NT endured a horrible time with a Lebanese manager at helm, fights, problems and conspiracies. Now that he is replaced by a German coach we have beaten South Korea, Kuwait and UAE in the WC qualifiers and close to qualifying for the WC 2014 for the first time in our lives!

no offence, but its a bit different being England manager, we are football ffs, supposedly the best league in the world, where the game started, we need an english manager
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 pm

TBH I don't really rate Capello in context of managing England alone. He never seemed to go out with any plan when on the field, it was all a bit here and there with no cohesion or sense of direction.

And he didn't make things easy for himself either. The Capello index, not making more of an effort to improve his English, not to mention if he hadn't re appointed Terry as captain this wouldn't have happened. Terry should have been dropped from England after the Wayne Bridge incident.

I agree the FA shouldn't have gone over Capello's head in removing the captaincy from Terry but at least it shows they have a strong head in Bernstein. I can't see Redknapp not taking the job tbh, if only in a part time role even. He doesn't need to do much except motivate them, something many would argue is his biggest strength
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:17 pm

love this:

Job Advert
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Stuart Pearce is gonna take over for the next match.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Harry's application for the job.

gif image hosting
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:32 pm

stmichael wrote:Harry's application for the job.

gif image hosting

I handed in my own app. Was worried until I read 'Arry's. Now? Piece of p*ss. In the bag!
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:20 pm

stmichael wrote:Harry's application for the job.

gif image hosting

pmsl.
your a bad man mick :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm

apparently he didnt quit but resigned at the request of the f.a.
he was the best manager they ever had but again he is another who falls foul of the idiots in soho square.
this situation was of their own doing and its because of their failure and ignorance to deal with the terry situation properly and on time.
they are as fickle as the media and that shower on sensationalised sports news.they are dragging capello through the mud now because of the salary that they agreed to give him in the first place and that he wasnt good enough during the world cup and should have left then.
you honestly couldnt make it up,he isnt the first to be treated this way and is now paying the price for sipping from the poison chalice that is the england job.
arry is nailed on to replace him and imo he should think twice about it as he has done very well with spurs and could remain there for a long time to continue what he has started.
take the england job and he's walking a tightrope till the world cup in 2014 and then unless he gets at least a semi final he will be panned and humiliated like so many before him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion