Capello appointed england manager

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 pm

His English isnt that bad.  He was talking on 5 live the other day and it was fine, not fluent, but he expects to be fluent in 3 - 4 months!!  If I was earning 6.5 mill I think I would learn the lingo
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Capello named new England manager 

Capello will bring a glittering CV to the England job
Fabio Capello has been confirmed as the new England manager after the details of his contract were finalised with the Football Association.
The Italian signed a four-and-a-half year deal - reportedly worth £6m a year, with an opt out after 2010.

Capello, 61, will be unveiled at a news conference on Monday before taking up the role on 7 January.

His backroom staff is all-Italian but he is to consider how to integrate an English presence into the set-up.

BBC SITE
account deleted by request

Postby mart » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Wonder how many days it will take before the media complains about having a foreign manager.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:09 pm

Fantastic news ! Will be awesome for the national side.

I said Capello 2 years ago, before they appointed that Melon !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:20 am

you know what i wonder if he has any idea what he`s just let himself in for, no wonder he`s being paid so much.

how many games before his head is replaced with a vegetable. :D
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:52 am

mart wrote:Wonder how many days it will take before the media complains about having a foreign manager.

Never mind the media complaining myself personaly i think its a :censored: disgrace when we have to look to another country for our national team manager.
The man doesnt even speak english and hes bringing an Italian backroom staff in with him. OK yes i agree good manager but with a typical Italian brain for football Defence Defence.

The amount of money the fa are paying him is :censored: ridiculas Redknapp would have done it for less than half of that

Some might think im contradicting myself because Rafas not English but hes the manager of club football were you have got a mixture of nationalities. But as far as im concerned you need a Englishman to Manage the Enllish team.

You only have to look at the top International sides to see the succsess they have with there own in charge . Portugal being the exeption with a Brazilian as manager but they speak the same language anyway. I think bad move by the Fa on this one

As i said good club manager but not for me as England boss :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:59 am

The fun thing is that was exactly what people said when Sven came. And after a few years of producing the best results in a very long time with the english NT while enduring massive :censored: from media and fans he was sacked. Then a "great" english manager took over and look what happened.

Suddenly the english managers were :censored: again and the only solution was to look abroad. I'm amazed such a good manager as Capello is willing to take over as there is no way he can succeed in making that team of overpaid, overrated primadonnas live up to the expectations. And its funny how practically over night people will stop talking about how much the english managers suck and talk about the great shame of haivng a foreigner as manager.

And quite frankly he deserves every cent he gets for taking all that :censored: he will get as manager of the english NT.

But yes in theory i would agree that it would be best if the manager of the english NT is english.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:53 pm

Ive just cracked up laughin at the Cappello interview not because of him but the fans they intervieved.
Well the short of it is Sky was outside Anfield asking what the people of Liverpool thought and :censored: me not one person they spoke to was a scouser :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:20 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:you know what i wonder if he has any idea what he`s just let himself in for, no wonder he`s being paid so much.

how many games before his head is replaced with a vegetable. :D

:D  :laugh: or a fruit
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion