Jimmy bullard called into england squad - Is capello nuts?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby skatesy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:12 pm

WTF is going on? Of all people that Capello could call into the England squad for the Andorra and Croatia matches, he calls up Jimmy Bullard of Fulham?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7591011.stm
skatesy

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Not one Liverpool player in the squad....... I can't remember the last time that happened. I suppose we will have to get used to that with only Gerrard now available (when fit)for England.
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 pm

skatesy wrote:WTF is going on? Of all people that Capello could call into the England squad for the Andorra and Croatia matches, he calls up Jimmy Bullard of Fulham?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7591011.stm

Sure why not? He will give more commitment then the ones playing now who take it for granted they will be picked. Capello should do more of this, not just pick them for the squad but include them in the team. However, I cant see him being picked, unless Capello finally woke up after the czech match.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:52 pm

He's a good player, and who else would you bring in?
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 pm

He's a big fish in a small pond , good set piece taker that's about it , ridiculous that he's got called up and he drops owen , capello won't lead England to the world cup  :nod
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Edited
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Edit
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Toffeehater wrote:He's a big fish in a small pond , good set piece taker that's about it , ridiculous that he's got called up and he drops owen , capello won't lead England to the world cup  :nod

I'd have had Owen in the squad myself, but he didnt really drop him, he hasnt been in squad for ages due to injuries. Maybe he wants him to get more games under his belt first.

With Bullard bein in the squad cant see the problem, he is far more than just a good free kick taker, and with so many players injured i think he deserved to be in the squad.
TBPH i was disappointed that Beckham got on near the end instead of Bullard.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 am

I'd drop the whole England team and repick it using players from other clubs, even other leagues.

these England players are taking it all for granted now and taking the p!ss, yeah, Liverpool players included. Drop the lot and repick.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

And gat hammerd every game? I think what capello has picked is the best he can for the country well majority of the players he has picked . If he dropped the whole squad and called up players like pennant , michael tonge , micahel chopra , England would be hammered in every game .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:He's a big fish in a small pond , good set piece taker that's about it , ridiculous that he's got called up and he drops owen , capello won't lead England to the world cup  :nod

I'd have had Owen in the squad myself, but he didnt really drop him, he hasnt been in squad for ages due to injuries. Maybe he wants him to get more games under his belt first.

With Bullard bein in the squad cant see the problem, he is far more than just a good free kick taker, and with so many players injured i think he deserved to be in the squad.
TBPH i was disappointed that Beckham got on near the end instead of Bullard.

You could be right about owen but as for becks coming on instead of bullard , well maybe because becks is 5 times the player bullard will ever be and becks is going to retire soon so capello just wants to keep giving him caps?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:42 pm

He may have been a better player of his career but to suggest now he is 5 times the player is quite amusing.  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion