DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon May 09, 2016 3:25 pm

only me » Mon May 09, 2016 6:18 am wrote:Wrote it before and i still stand behind it ,Keep Sturridge only as a backup player ,when planning next season Klopp needs to treat Daniel as a Sub and sign accordingly.
The only reason for this is his game fitness ,you just can't build an offence based on an injury prone player....The Question is if we are ok with paying 120k for a sub...

Leave him out for a game and he threw a fit...use him as a sub and we will create a dressing room storm. Play him or lose him...that's for Klopp to decide

Every club operates with a set of financial budget, and to abide by FPP (whatever fuck that is?) so it is a matter of opportunity cost. If we keep him and he's crocked for 25 games a season, then we will lose out on having another world class striker leading our front line...that much is obvious. Klopp would already seen enough to make up his mind already...one thing is for sure we should not sell before we tied up a replacement, and he better be bloody good
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue May 10, 2016 3:34 am

If we can afford him and another world class striker, I personally don't think we need to sell him.

Also we shouldn't forget that we can raise a fair bit of cash in sales from Benteke, Ballotelli, Markovic and Henderson if needed.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Tue May 10, 2016 3:57 am

Ship out the deadwood, under performing and second rated players as much as we can...I'm sure the owners have promised good transfer budget to Jurgen before he signed so this summer could be very interesting. Agreed with Benteke, Balotelli and Henderson. Add Skrtel to the list as well, maybe even Wisdom? Jury is still out for Markovic, Texeira, Alberto and Ibe. Defo should keep Allen and Lucas as the add depth and experience to the squad. Canos will be one to watch out for when he returns.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 30, 2016 11:48 am

Daniel Sturridge has returned to England training today, with Roy Hodgson's final Euro 2016 squad due tomorrow.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon May 30, 2016 4:46 pm

People suggesting keeping him as a backup....
You guys crack me up with your delusions...
120 k/week for a luxury backup....  :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Have a horrible feeling that he'll return from the Euros with an injury.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon May 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Bit tired of the Sturridge debate and it shows how far weve fallen when a part time self indulged player is sat on the line between success and failure.

A genuine football power would have him away and sign Higuain and Aubameyang to cover it, no money ball just football.

Club just isnt ambitious enough but Im waiting to be proved wrong this summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 am

7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2016 9:15 pm wrote:Have a horrible feeling that he'll return from the Euros with an injury.

I'm amazed he got through one training session with England and is still walking. I really hope Sturridge is only a bit part player in the euro cup. An impact player off the bench. Its no f.ooking good him watching half of our season from the exec box eating lobster while we struggle for goals.

Benteke on the other hand is a different story. Play your heart out son and get that price up as high as possible, suitors are waiting with cash in hand.  :buttrock
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am

killerp » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon May 30, 2016 9:15 pm wrote:Have a horrible feeling that he'll return from the Euros with an injury.

I'm amazed he got through one training session with England and is still walking. I really hope Sturridge is only a bit part player in the euro cup. An impact player off the bench. Its no f.ooking good him watching half of our season from the exec box eating lobster while we struggle for goals.

Benteke on the other hand is a different story. Play your heart out son and get that price up as high as possible, suitors are waiting with cash in hand.  :buttrock

Same goes for Sturridge in all fairness. Yes he's injury prone, but id he was to buzz his t!ts off at the Euro's we could see bids in excess of 50m coming in for him. Basically an offer we can't refuse. DS is the one player that has the majority of us sat on the fence when it comes to stick or twist...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue May 31, 2016 10:20 am

johnbarnes » Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am wrote:
killerp » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 am wrote:

Same goes for Sturridge in all fairness. Yes he's injury prone, but if he was to buzz his t!ts off at the Euro's we could see bids in excess of 50m coming in for him. Basically an offer we can't refuse. DS is the one player that has the majority of us sat on the fence when it comes to stick or twist...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 31, 2016 2:09 pm

Well looks like he made the 23 man squad along with Henderson, Clyne, Lallana and Milner

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 31, 2016 4:50 pm

So he certainly won't be available until about December next season...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 31, 2016 8:52 pm

I really doubt he will be available to go on the first day of the season.

To echo what ed's said above in that if we can afford to keep him and sign another top striker then do. Otherwise get another 10 out of arsenal and let him go.

Off topic but its no wonder the arsenal fans are sick to the teeth of wenger. They need a striker and his answer is signing someone with a ridiculous fitness record  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Seems Daniel has picked up a hip injury and will miss the games against Barcelona, Mainz and Arsenal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-News

Seems our injury list is growing all the time and the league season hasn't even begun
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm

C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:07 pm wrote:Seems Daniel has picked up a hip injury and will miss the games against Barcelona, Mainz and Arsenal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-News

Seems our injury list is growing all the time and the league season hasn't even begun

Is anyone really surprised? I expect Origi to feature more than Sturridge but even he seems to pick up the odd niggle here and there
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion