DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:53 pm

When it comes from your top striker ,it's never a good look .

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:53 pm wrote:When it comes from your top striker ,it's never a good look .

You have a seriously astute ability at being able to read the facial expressions of others, if i were asked what he was thinking I would probably have suggested he had just passed wind  :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:14 pm

Sometimes managers over complcate the game, quite easy to put Sturridge at the centre of the attack with Mane and one other either side.

For what its worth I think we should do that and let the lad have a good run at it, if he breaks down or doesnt work then get him out the club but dont not use him right for the sake and risk losing a decent player.

I wouldnt mind if as a club we are prepared to bung top money at another CF but we wont so we break him down then it wont be easy replacing right away.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Bottom Line (imo), don't think he fits Jurgens "plan" (whatever that is !)  .

Saw some pundits reckon a fit Sturridge would be worth £40 million +.

Given his injury record not sure just how much we'd miss him if we let him go, BUT still think he's a class finisher, an "arm around the shoulder" player and Jurgen, famous for his arm around players shoulders almost pointedly isn't giving Sturridge the "love".

We're just not getting the best out of fit and ready to play Sturridge , our manager needs to sort it out.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:28 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm wrote:Bottom Line (imo), don't think he fits Jurgens "plan" (whatever that is !)  .

Saw some pundits reckon a fit Sturridge would be worth £40 million +.

Given his injury record not sure just how much we'd miss him if we let him go, BUT still think he's a class finisher, an "arm around the shoulder" player and Jurgen, famous for his arm around players shoulders almost pointedly isn't giving Sturridge the "love".

We're just not getting the best out of fit and ready to play Sturridge , our manager needs to sort it out.

Woofey - Do you not think that under the previous management team DS was viewed as our 'marquee' player and almost worshiped to the point of walking on water?
My point being is IF DS is giving it the 'Big Un' all day everyday, IMO JK just wouldn't take to it - hence why the lack of 'love' towards him.
Totally agree with you tho - If we can get good money for him and JK wants him gone then I won't shed a tear...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 pm

If Jurgen's system demands that everyone has to bust a gut to try and win the ball back then that's just how it is.
If great players like Kevin Keegan, Ian Rush and Luis Suarez were prepared to roll their sleeves up and do the donkey work then so should anyone else who pulls on a red shirt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:08 pm

JB, post Suarez a fit Sturridge was (imo) our marquee player.

I don't know if he's walking around giving it the "Big I Am"  but assuming he's fully fit (?) he's deffo being under used.

As things stand I reckon the fella see's his career just slipping away under Kloppo, he needs to be playing !

We should either play him or sell him. Having him hanging about with a gob on him suits no one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Great goal scorer yes but question remains will he ever adapt to Klopp system.
Its obvious when we play him up top the teams rapid attacking fluidity is gone.
We all noticed yesterday when Lallana came on how our attacking dynamics changed.

I was not a fan of Firmino uptop last season as false 9 but i have to admit Klopp got it spot on.

Hendo
  Lallana        Wijunaldum

Mane            Coutinho 
         Firmino

The only striker who suits Klopp system is a grafter who will press and put in a shift always.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm wrote:If Jurgen's system demands that everyone has to bust a gut to try and win the ball back then that's just how it is.
If great players like Kevin Keegan, Ian Rush and Luis Suarez were prepared to roll their sleeves up and do the donkey work then so should anyone else who pulls on a red shirt.

This sums the situation up perfectly. Danny doesn't fit the system and doesn't seem willing or able to adapt his game to it.

These things tend to end only one way...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm wrote:If Jurgen's system demands that everyone has to bust a gut to try and win the ball back then that's just how it is.

This sums the situation up perfectly. Danny doesn't fit the system and doesn't seem willing or able to adapt his game to it.

To be fair to Sturridge, it was made known to him quite obviously that he is not considered the first choice. If you feel like you're not wanted, your body language and performance will obviously be affected. I think Klopp just doesn't take to him. Look at how he treats Lallana vs sturridge.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 pm

maguskwt » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:53 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:34 pm wrote:

To be fair to Sturridge, it was made known to him quite obviously that he is not considered the first choice. If you feel like you're not wanted, your body language and performance will obviously be affected. I think Klopp just doesn't take to him. Look at how he treats Lallana vs sturridge.

Same at all clubs mate. It's how you react to it that makes the difference. I'm sure Danny feels hard done by, but let's not forget that he was also cashing his £100k+ a week paycheck for doing nothing when he was injured. I don't recall him complaining then.

I Like Sturridge (he's a brilliant finisher) but we can't carry anyone if we want to break our Premier League duck.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Sturridge will bag plenty of goals this season provided he stays fit. However he just doesn't do the pressing that Klopp wants and a striker that knows how to press the play properly is key in JK's system. If the front man doesn't do his job properly, everything behind can potentially unravel so it's vitally important. I want Sturridge to stay (again provided he stays fit) because he is one if not the best finishers in the league and he has plenty to offer but it's just a shame that he isn't a a natural fit into the way JK wants his team to play
Doeboy

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Klopp's gonna feck him off once he has a replacement lined up, and he's playing like he knows it
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Lad has lost confidence and a yard of pace. Good player and great finisher but doesnt get into scoring positions as much as he used to.

Not in our first 11 at the moment.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:38 am

Before when i used to hear studge is playing there was always a sense of optimism knowing that he will score and we may win. Now to be honest when his not in the starting xi i feel were stronger and when he is we very well no the heavy metal footy will halt.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion