DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Sun May 08, 2016 2:23 pm

He's not worth 60 mate, his stats determine his value, games/minutes played v's cost (salary). The lad's terrible value for money.

Take 45 and bring in a forward who'll play week in week out. He's certainly replaceable.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 3:25 pm

Reg » Sun May 08, 2016 1:23 pm wrote:He's not worth 60 mate, his stats determine his value, games/minutes played v's cost (salary). The lad's terrible value for money.

Take 45 and bring in a forward who'll play week in week out. He's certainly replaceable.

Have we not learned from selling Torres and Suarez? Just because we are winning some games under Klopp and reaching the europa cup fianls, it is now ok to sell one of our best players?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 08, 2016 3:39 pm

The lad joined us in January 2013. He's played 68 league games since then, total 90 games in all competitions.....  yes he scores goals but his cost/game ratio is simply unworkable.

In 2012/13 he played 14 games,
In 2013/14 he played 29 games,
In 2014/15 he played 12 games,
In 2015/16 he played 13 games,

Correct me if I'm wrong butthere are 38 games in a season?

He gets paid 120k a week and plays just 12-13 times......

120k x 52 / 13 = 480k per game hhmmmm.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 3:58 pm

maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 12:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 am wrote:And now there are reports that Arsenal wants Sturridge. For 30 million.  :glare:

I think it's down to Daniel, Jurgen obviously wants his entire front line to press like f**k and to rob opposition defenders of the ball just like Firmino and Lallana were doing Thursday night. He doesn't want one or two pinching the ball he wants everyone doing it.
If Daniel is prepared to take his own game to another level and start grafting his @rse off then that CF position is his because there aren't many better strikers in Europe IMO.

I think that if Juergen is asking him to work as hard as Lallana, that's a bit unfair mate. Lallana, for all his work rate, is usually ineffective. And Sturridge is hardly a lazy striker. He has very good movement, comes back down to receive the ball. Goes to wide positions. He doesn't just stay still. And when he plays, you can see that the team just improves because of his cutting edge. He's been scoring goals and assisting whenever he plays. What more can you ask? If Sturridge is really lazy, then I get the criticism. But he's not. If Klopp can't be flexible enough to incorporate a striker who can score goals as well as assist like Daniel, just because he doesn't press like Lallana, and not because he's lazy, then I think it's abit unfair to Sturridge. You can't ask a Ferrari to drive like a Jeep now can you. Did Rafa blame Torres for not playing like Kuyt?  :laugh:

Sturridge works hard but only when we have the ball, as soon as someone wins it he switches on but for Jurgen's style or philosophy or whatever you want to call it to work properly you need everyone pulling their weight.
Every single Liverpool fan wants Danny to stay but it's a fact that we have often looked better as a team when Origi has led the line simply because pressing is the absolute key to everything, when we press well we play well.
The best scenario would be for Danny to start putting almost as much thought and effort into winning the ball back as he does scoring goals, if he does that I genuinely think (with a couple of signings) we could be an outside bet for the CL next season because when we are 'at it' we are very, very difficult to play against.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun May 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Anything north of £40M should do it...perhaps another £5M domestic rival tax to be added on.

Now it is not that I don't appreciate Daniel, far from it...but the sum could be use for Klopp to splash big on another marquee striker and leave more funds for a keeper, left back and a midfield general. Also, there are no guarantee that Daniel will play more than 15 games next season, and it seems Origi is more Klopp's cup of tea, ahead of Sturridge. I'm torn...

The thing is...is Arsene just taking a ***** and try to unsettle us, or are they willing to dangle a big enough carrot to force our hands?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 09, 2016 2:35 am

It's a fallacy. Klopp has been managing Sturridge's time so that he wont get re-injured and now he's fully fit and raring to go. And we are ready to off load the only pure striker for 40-45 million to one of our rivals next season at his peak? Probably the best striker in the league together with Aguero? Some of you my friends are talking out of your asses. We should know by now how difficult it is to procure good players let alone good goalscorers. If we have a ready made replacement, then sure, why not. But now we dont have anyone as close to having Sturridge's scoring rate.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 09, 2016 3:37 am

So the lad's played 13 times this season at half a million a game.  What exactly are we paying for and why is he better value than any of the pother EPL key strikers who play week in, week out?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon May 09, 2016 6:32 am

Although I think he is a very good player he is a little selfish and plays more for himself than for the team and I think this will always be a problem for Klopp. I think he was intimidated by Suarez and was not allowed to be too selfish but once Suarez left and he became the main man Sturridge became more himself. I do have an issue with selling him to a rival however as I think that opens the door to him hurting us. I'd sell him to Arsenal but for a real premium. Despite his fitness record he should be worth more than Sterling as he has much more quality about him. I also believe that he has worked hard on his fitness because he has one eye on the Euros and also believe that next year he will spend most of the season crocked.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 am

Wrote it before and i still stand behind it ,Keep Sturridge only as a backup player ,when planning next season Klopp needs to treat Daniel as a Sub and sign accordingly.
The only reason for this is his game fitness ,you just can't build an offence based on an injury prone player....The Question is if we are ok with paying 120k for a sub...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 am

Why do people go on and on about money? What difference does it matter what his wages are if he scores goals? Sanity, if there ever was any in football, has long gone and those who try and work out how much players get and if they deserve it are wasting their time. Its about cost, value and worth.
Andy Carroll COST £35 million. Did we get VALUE for money? Probably not as he didnt get picked, for whatever reasons and we sold him at a loss. But was he WORTH £35 million? I say the goal he scored in the semi final to knock everton out of the fa cup was worth £35 million and more. For the rest of my life I will remember being at wembley and seeing the header hit the back of the net, the celebrations of those around me and the faces of the bitters as we stood outside the ground. Priceless!
Sturridge could create history soon, and if he does, he will be WORTH every penny he has been paid since he got here
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Mon May 09, 2016 8:41 am

Thommo's perm » Mon May 09, 2016 6:54 am wrote:Why do people go on and on about money? What difference does it matter what his wages are if he scores goals? Sanity, if there ever was any in football, has long gone and those who try and work out how much players get and if they deserve it are wasting their time. Its about cost, value and worth.
Andy Carroll COST £35 million. Did we get VALUE for money? Probably not as he didnt get picked, for whatever reasons and we sold him at a loss. But was he WORTH £35 million? I say the goal he scored in the semi final to knock everton out of the fa cup was worth £35 million and more. For the rest of my life I will remember being at wembley and seeing the header hit the back of the net, the celebrations of those around me and the faces of the bitters as we stood outside the ground. Priceless!
Sturridge could create history soon, and if he does, he will be WORTH every penny he has been paid since he got here
:nod

Spoken like a true fan but of course not related to the real world....But when management and Klopp look at next year they will need to decide if to dig deep and bring another expensive quality striker or roll the dice on Sturridge.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 9:10 am

only me » Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 am wrote:Wrote it before and i still stand behind it ,Keep Sturridge only as a backup player ,when planning next season Klopp needs to treat Daniel as a Sub and sign accordingly.
The only reason for this is his game fitness ,you just can't build an offence based on an injury prone player....The Question is if we are ok with paying 120k for a sub...

:no , There's no way Sturridge would remain with us if his role was to act as some kind of back up/super sub. If Sturridge maintains his fitness Klopp will have to use him or lose him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Mon May 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Reg » Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 pm wrote:The lad joined us in January 2013. He's played 68 league games since then, total 90 games in all competitions.....  yes he scores goals but his cost/game ratio is simply unworkable.

In 2012/13 he played 14 games,
In 2013/14 he played 29 games,
In 2014/15 he played 12 games,
In 2015/16 he played 13 games,

Correct me if I'm wrong butthere are 38 games in a season?

He gets paid 120k a week and plays just 12-13 times......

120k x 52 / 13 = 480k per game hhmmmm.......

I posted this 2 weeks ago Reg:

aCe' » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:39 am wrote:
Quick look at his record for us for all the doubters:

Last season: 5 goals and 2 assist in 1214 minutes of football (4 goals and 2 assist in the league in 749 minutes).

13/14: 24 goals and 9 assist in 2667 minutes of football (21 goals and 9 assist in the league in 2277 minutes).

12/13: 11 goals and 5 assist in 1350 minutes of football (11 goals and 5 assist in the league in 1160 minutes).

The stats for this season ? 12 goals and 2 assists in 1520 minutes of football

Get him fit and on the pitch and the only better striker in the league is Sergio Aguero. Enough said. Wouldnt sell him for 60. Off you fck Arsene !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon May 09, 2016 2:51 pm

woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 am wrote:
only me » Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 am wrote:Wrote it before and i still stand behind it ,Keep Sturridge only as a backup player ,when planning next season Klopp needs to treat Daniel as a Sub and sign accordingly.

:no , There's no way Sturridge would remain with us if his role was to act as some kind of back up/super sub. If Sturridge maintains his fitness Klopp will have to use him or lose him.

Would you take a gamble on his fitness woof? Would you avoid looking for a quality striker I know I wouldn't.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 3:11 pm

only me » Mon May 09, 2016 2:51 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 am wrote:

Would you take a gamble on his fitness woof? Would you avoid looking for a quality striker I know I wouldn't.

I know what you're saying mate. I was thinking not too long ago we should get rid BUT since his return he's reminded me (and others ?) just how good a fit Sturridge can be.

Personally I'd take the gamble on possibly losing a big monetary windfall by hanging onto too him BUT the next major (long lay-off) injury would be the time too get him fit again and move him on.

Hanging on to Sturridge btw wouldn't stop me from looking for a quality striker in the next window. I'd be shipping out Benteke for a start and using the funds from that plus some of whatever else we may have available towards buying an additional top shelf striker.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion