DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Thu May 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Get rid of him. Who needs players who score in the big games or a forward with a better goal per minute ratio than any other player in the history of the club.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Worked his balls off today. Cool finish and could have had a hattrick. Let's hope it continues, because under Klopp he could become a world class footballer and not just a world class finisher...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri May 06, 2016 6:44 am

Was excellent! Worked hard, looked sharp and celebrated his goal with his team as it should be. First time I have seen him show real passion so maybe Klopp's methods worked with him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri May 06, 2016 6:44 am

Was excellent! Worked hard, looked sharp and celebrated his goal with his team as it should be. First time I have seen him show real passion so maybe Klopp's methods worked with him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 07, 2016 2:00 am

Has anyone ever stop to think that our Daniel Sturridge is only 26 years old? His peak is only coming now and he is already at a world class level IMHO. Talks about getting rid of him should be branded as blasphemy.

Glad to see some obvious signs of warming up in relations between Sturridge and Klopp on the pitch...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 am

could have gotten a hattrick but loved his reaction when he scored.
buy another world class attacker to support him, and if daniel stays fit, he could possibly shoot us to the top.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 am

Octsky » Sat May 07, 2016 6:23 am wrote:could have gotten a hattrick but loved his reaction when he scored.
buy another world class attacker to support him, and if daniel stays fit, he could possibly shoot us to the top.

I don't know mate, I used to think that we need another consistent scoring striker. But with Origi coming back, with Firmino playing well and with Ings coming back, we may not need another striker if Sturridge can stay fit. Ings will also fit into Klopp's style with his work rate. What a difference half a season makes when you can develop the players well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 am

Regardless of his performance against Villa Real at Anfield I am a bit surprised that some fans would let him go. Yes he does need quality around him but so does virtually any top striker. Not very long ago several fans insisted that a cull of massive proportions was required in the summer and I certainly would not have disagreed with some of the suggestions. That situation is changing by the match with more and more players showing that they can make a serious contribution. The difference that Kloppo is making is there for all to see.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 8:19 am

And now there are reports that Arsenal wants Sturridge. For 30 million.  :glare:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun May 08, 2016 10:13 am

maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 am wrote:And now there are reports that Arsenal wants Sturridge. For 30 million.  :glare:

ARSEne should have tabled £30M + £1  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 11:22 am

maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 7:19 am wrote:And now there are reports that Arsenal wants Sturridge. For 30 million.  :glare:

I think it's down to Daniel, Jurgen obviously wants his entire front line to press like f**k and to rob opposition defenders of the ball just like Firmino and Lallana were doing Thursday night. He doesn't want one or two pinching the ball he wants everyone doing it.
If Daniel is prepared to take his own game to another level and start grafting his @rse off then that CF position is his because there aren't many better strikers in Europe IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Situation: 40 million from Arsenal on the table, would you take it?

Personally, I'm not sure. First of all, a fit Sturridge is, like yakka said, one of the best strikers in Europe. He might not be the work horse like Origi or Ings but you can almost always count on him to get the job done, big games or small, it doesn't matter, he always scores. And sometimes he doesn't even need a well worked situation, he can score from nothing. Might not fit Klopp's style but he's the kind of striker that all big teams should have.

Also, when we sell him we'll be left with Origi and Ings (wouldn't sign a new striker personally, even if we sell Sturridge). They've both shown they've got quality, but can we really afford to risk it? I have high expectations for both of them but both have only played well for about a month each. Would it be wise to sell Sturridge and then hope that these young lads will deliver? I'm 90% sure that Origi and Ings (especially Origi) will be good players for us but there's that 10% of worry, something that I don't have with a fit Sturridge.

A worry that I do have with Sturridge however, is if he can stay fit. None of the above will matter if he gets another lengthy injury. This is where those 40 million start to seem tempting, he's got an injury record as big as his goal-scoring record. Combined with the fact that he doesn't exactly fit our pressing style, it would be a difficult decision for any manager.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 08, 2016 12:05 pm

He doesn't like to do the dirty work but pressing teams into mistakes is what wins games. Vardy has been brilliant at it this year! Suarez was brilliant at it as was Fowler and Rush back in the day. If Studge can add this to his game he really would be world class.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 08, 2016 1:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 08, 2016 10:22 am wrote:

I think it's down to Daniel, Jurgen obviously wants his entire front line to press like f**k and to rob opposition defenders of the ball just like Firmino and Lallana were doing Thursday night. He doesn't want one or two pinching the ball he wants everyone doing it.
If Daniel is prepared to take his own game to another level and start grafting his @rse off then that CF position is his because there aren't many better strikers in Europe IMO.

I think that if Juergen is asking him to work as hard as Lallana, that's a bit unfair mate. Lallana, for all his work rate, is usually ineffective. And Sturridge is hardly a lazy striker. He has very good movement, comes back down to receive the ball. Goes to wide positions. He doesn't just stay still. And when he plays, you can see that the team just improves because of his cutting edge. He's been scoring goals and assisting whenever he plays. What more can you ask? If Sturridge is really lazy, then I get the criticism. But he's not. If Klopp can't be flexible enough to incorporate a striker who can score goals as well as assist like Daniel, just because he doesn't press like Lallana, and not because he's lazy, then I think it's abit unfair to Sturridge. You can't ask a Ferrari to drive like a Jeep now can you. Did Rafa blame Torres for not playing like Kuyt?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 08, 2016 1:53 pm

No £40m wouldn't tempt me to sell him. £60m possibly because that is how much it would cost to replace him with somebody that had the potential to equal his scoring record. I am not necessarily suggesting he is worth that much especially with his injury record.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext