DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:15 pm

Klopptomaniac » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:12 pm wrote:
C-R » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:07 pm wrote:Seems Daniel has picked up a hip injury and will miss the games against Barcelona, Mainz and Arsenal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... eague-News

Seems our injury list is growing all the time and the league season hasn't even begun

Is anyone really surprised? I expect Origi to feature more than Sturridge but even he seems to pick up the odd niggle here and there

Good point that mate, Origi is a player I like a lot, would be nice to see him with Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and co.

1 door closes and another one opens
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:07 am

Bored of this now. If his injuries continue this year, think we need to sell. We are not a one man team and im confident we can get someone decent enoigh in who will replace Sturridge if he goes. He is a a brilliant striker but we are getting stuck in bit of a rut now with him and we will be looking to push on now and cant be relying on someone who keeps breaking down. Feel for the guy but its reaching that point where we might just have to part ways. I really dont see Sturridges injury problems getting any better. Just has a body that will always be prone to injury imo.

Blessed with the talent in finding the back of the net but equally cursed with being made out of glass and his situation is starting to remind be of Fowler. I think this season is make or break (no pun intended) for him,
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:38 am

Just a few days ago Sturridge was hyping himself up as the best striker in the league...... You NEVER invite the wraith of the gods like that when you play for Liverpool!!!!!

:no
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Easy lads, he's only got a knock. He'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Until the next England game and then he'll be out for 6 months  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Atleast we have Origi. I remember when Suarez or Torres used to get injured it used to feel like a major blow. However im glad we've got Origi.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 pm

I agree with CR and redshade, losing Daniel might not quite be the blow it once was mainly because A) we have Origi, and B) we have midfielders like Mane and Firmino who can weigh in with goals.
Origi with his pace, strength and ability to hold the ball up may even be a better fit for the style of play Jurgen is trying to implement anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 am

redshade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:12 pm wrote:Atleast we have Origi. I remember when Suarez or Torres used to get injured it used to feel like a major blow. However im glad we've got Origi.

Suarez never got injured.... He just was a little rough around the edges when it comes to behaviour on the pitch.  :eyebrow

Torres was fairly prone to injury, but didn't matter towards the end. He was broken and never recovered his full confidence.
killerp

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:29 pm

One more injury riddled season and I want him out.
I'm tired of this *****!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:59 pm

I'm not so sure Sturridge is even a starter under Klopp  :no  Firmino seems to be his preference up front.

We should replace him in this window as if we are relying on him again then no lessons have been learnt.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 pm

We keep changing medical staff but he keeps on getting injured, biscuit legs.

He always pointing to the heavens but divine intervention didnt work either.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 am

Season by season DS isn't getting any younger.
Perhaps the time to have put the up4sale sign up was when he scored in the EL Final,  which should have brought in a very good fee.
As it stands, clubs will just watch his contract tick-down in order to strike (pun intended) a Freebee...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:49 pm

like i said last year....Never keep as a starter...Only as a reserve...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm

He was back in training today, however that might be too soon for sunday
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:08 am

I'm afraid we need a player like DS. As much as I like Origi, and ge did improve tremendously last season, there were games where he was huffing and puffing but getting nowhere due to defense being packed. In these kinda games, DS can create some moment of magic and break down the defense. We saw these when DS came back from injury.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:41 am

Reports in the papers about Sturridge unhappy about being played out wide... this will only end up one way!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion