TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:37 am

Red mate, we were brought up in an era when football, pride and respect mattered. Now it's all about Sky's 5.3 billion quid.

You and I don't matter any more, all EPL clubs are now simply focused on the swag. There is no honour....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:10 am

JC_81 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm wrote:You would think we'd loaned Coutinho to Villa with an option to buy the way some people have reacted to this, instead of a kid who hasn't either kicked a ball for our first team or pulled up too many trees during his previous two loans. Yes his loan periods were interrupted by injuries, but perhaps that in itself is another problem.

On paper I agree it's a strange deal especially the option to buy and that we paid 7mil for him not long ago when he was highly sought after. But I don't think any of us can honestly say we've seen enough of the lad play to be convinced he's first team material.

Personally I think he'll do well to get many games at Villa. I can see Richards and Lescott being their number one pairing.

If he was the gem that some people believe then why were only Villa and Sunderland sniffing around and not anyone better?

Its not just about Ilori, what anoys me about the whole thing is that we have player bought in and hailed as the next best thing then never given a chance and pushed towards the exit and i suspect not because they may or may not make it but because they were'nt the managers tranfers, its becoming obvious that he will persevere with non performing players to make his point and not for the good of the club.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Boocity » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:10 am wrote:
JC_81 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm wrote:You would think we'd loaned Coutinho to Villa with an option to buy the way some people have reacted to this, instead of a kid who hasn't either kicked a ball for our first team or pulled up too many trees during his previous two loans. Yes his loan periods were interrupted by injuries, but perhaps that in itself is another problem.

On paper I agree it's a strange deal especially the option to buy and that we paid 7mil for him not long ago when he was highly sought after. But I don't think any of us can honestly say we've seen enough of the lad play to be convinced he's first team material.

Personally I think he'll do well to get many games at Villa. I can see Richards and Lescott being their number one pairing.

If he was the gem that some people believe then why were only Villa and Sunderland sniffing around and not anyone better?

Its not just about Ilori, what anoys me about the whole thing is that we have player bought in and hailed as the next best thing then never given a chance and pushed towards the exit and i suspect not because they may or may not make it but because they were'nt the managers tranfers, its becoming obvious that he will persevere with non performing players to make his point and not for the good of the club.

Exactly, this is about more than one player. The club is spending tens of millions on highly rated prospects but these are being discarded without being given a proper chance. The reintroduction of Lovren into the first team shows that this has got absolutely nothing to do with merit as well, he's probably been the worst signing of Rodgers tenure yet he constantly gets chance after chance to resurrect his career here.
It's starting to look like the manager is playing petty political games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 pm

who's the fall guy when the Welsh Xavi is fit
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:22 pm

supersub » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:14 am wrote:who's the fall guy when the Welsh Xavi is fit

To be fair to Allen he's probably got as much chance as anyone else of getting into the starting XI, none of the other midfielders are playing well enough to justify a place in the side.
Not buying at least one quality CM has been a huge f[uck] up, how the hell no one at the club could see that our midfield is shyte and has been for years is beyond me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:20 am

Any news on how he has Ben doing, he was not in the team yesterday
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:27 pm

kazza » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:20 am wrote:Any news on how he has Ben doing, he was not in the team yesterday

I read somewhere that Sherwood doesn't think him or Adama Traore are fit enough yet for the premier league (apparently they haven't had much of a pre season)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:56 pm

He played well in an under 21 match the other night. Gordon cowans was singing his praises http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/15/li ... aston-vil/
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:55 am

Good news depending on what side of the fence you sit on, he is coming back to us in January
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:39 am

C-R » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 am wrote:Good news depending on what side of the fence you sit on, he is coming back to us in January

That is good news, this lad was highly rated when we signed him in fact the Echo was full of stories of him running the 100m quicker than Christiano Ronaldo at Lisbons academy. Wether he is good enough to be a CB in the prem is yet to be seen but I at least want to see the lad given a chance, what's the point of spending 7/8 million or whatever it was on a young player and then moving him on before he even kicks a ball in anger for you?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Bringing him back as Villa didnt put him in shop window for us.

Klopp will have a look and I suspect end up trying to get him out in the summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:52 pm

parchpea » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:16 pm wrote:Bringing him back as Villa didnt put him in shop window for us.

Klopp will have a look and I suspect end up trying to get him out in the summer.

To be fair not many teams are going to build their back 4 around a cultured 22 year old ball playing CB in the middle of a relegation dogfight so I don't think we should read too much into what happened at Villa. The lad from Barcelona Adama has barely featured for them as well and he looks a right handful.
If Jurgen is serious about pressing teams high up the pitch and defending with a high line though then Ilorri could be just what we have been looking for, let's not forget that last summer he was imperious for Portugal's U21 side when they reached the final of the Euro's, in fact he had Harry Kane and Danny Ings in his pocket when they played England.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Don't think he'll be here beyond the summer to be honest. He's been on loan 3 times now and failed to make much impression at any of the clubs. I think his 0 appearances for Villa - who are dreadful - speaks volumes. Even Tim Sherwood didn't give him a game and he signed him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Ilori was a great prospect but many of you don't know or may not remember that he's been extremely unfortunate with a lot of injuries. He's had at least one big injury with every club he's been on loan at since we signed him.

The kid had a huge potential but I personally gave up on him once he got injured for the third time last season when he was at Bordeaux.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:29 pm

He was injury free at VIlla, but didn't get a single appearance. Not even an optimistic start at the start of the season. It gets even more depressing when you consider that their defence suffered a few injuries this season...yet even then Ilori wasn't deemed good enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion