TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Ilori is probably the best suited player we have for the formation we are playing

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:27 pm

It drives me nuts how we sign players with alleged massive potential and then they are just  shipped out on loan and eventually sold off.

We seem incapable of developing these up and coming players that we continually seem to sign and transforming them into senior squad members.

Can't comment on Ilori as truth be told I've seen fk all of the lad BUT I do recall how positive all the reports were regarding his ability and potential.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Reg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:Looks great but the game is not EPL pace.

Arguably not Reg ,but there is no refuting the lad's reading of the game and his ability to thwart prospective danger. I think defenders with his composure and
pace are a rarity in the game, a real talent who would grace any league .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 pm

I'd like to see him as part of the first team squad next season deputising for Skrtel in one or two games, a back 3 of Can, Ilorri and Sakho has the potential to be something special.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ConnO'var » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:42 am

I agree mate.

Don't know if he can cope with the physicality of the EPL. I most certainly hope he can.
His reading of the game and pace would be superb as the central partner in a back 3. Would nip a lot of attacks in the bud and make us less vulnerable on the counter as well as improve our distribution from the back.
With Sakho, Can and him, we would have multiple outlets from the back and afford us a composure that we have been missing since Sammi left. A back 3 like that would also relieve the pressure of Mignolet and with that, his shot stopping skills can take center stage and maybe the rest of his game will improve. I don't think we put enough importance on stability and confidence in our fellow collegues and how that helps a team mate shine and improve.

My only concern (and this is a long time concern) is how we would cope with set pieces. We need to improve on that.
ConnO'var

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:32 pm

ConnO'var » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:42 am wrote:I agree mate.

Don't know if he can cope with the physicality of the EPL. I most certainly hope he can.
His reading of the game and pace would be superb as the central partner in a back 3. Would nip a lot of attacks in the bud and make us less vulnerable on the counter as well as improve our distribution from the back.
With Sakho, Can and him, we would have multiple outlets from the back and afford us a composure that we have been missing since Sammi left. A back 3 like that would also relieve the pressure of Mignolet and with that, his shot stopping skills can take center stage and maybe the rest of his game will improve. I don't think we put enough importance on stability and confidence in our fellow collegues and how that helps a team mate shine and improve.

My only concern (and this is a long time concern) is how we would cope with set pieces. We need to improve on that.

Yep, good post mate
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 am

Just looking at some of the info on Illori.

He's a 21 year old 6ft 3 natural CB sent out on loan first to Granada (for six months) and last August to Bordeaux but only getting sporadic game time, 9 games at Granada and currently only 8 games at Bordeaux. If the idea of sending young players out on loan is to develop their ability surely we should send them to a club who will afford them far more game time than Illori has been given ?

There's always the possibility that he isn't good enough to merit more game time in which case we should perhaps be looking to off load him permanently BUT if he is good enough I'd suggest this last year has been a waste and short of loaning him to a club that would have guaranteed more 1st team action we might have been better off keeping him at our club and attempting to develop him ourselves.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 pm

He's struggled a lot with injuries though. Think he had a long term injury at both clubs. Definitely had one at Bordeaux this season and just came back from it recently.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:25 pm

damjan193 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 pm wrote:He's struggled a lot with injuries though. Think he had a long term injury at both clubs. Definitely had one at Bordeaux this season and just came back from it recently.

Cheers Damjan, wasn't aware of that.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Tiago Ilori vs Saint-Étienne
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Lllori is shyte otherwise he would be back from his inevitable loan.

Seems like a cool policy snapping up these young pups but we are still half way down the food chain as even the
highest paying and elite sides cherry pick before we get a look in.

FSG need to wake up and f*ck the policy off other than for local lads.

Can we please allow swear words now as farting about avoiding is tiresome and outdated.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 pm

parchpea » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 pm wrote:Can we please allow swear words now as farting about avoiding is tiresome and outdated.

I agree, sometimes you need to swear and we must be about the only site except for the vatican that doesn't allow it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ancient Sunlight » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Ilori should be getting game time in the league and FA cups. Especially in the earlier rounds. I trust BR knows what he's doing, so I got to think for whatever reason he doesn't see him as a starter.
Ancient Sunlight
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Did anyone see Ilori's performance for Portugal against England U21's the other night the kid was brilliant against Kane and Ings ....It will be a travesty if the lad
is denied the opportunity to play in our defence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:50 pm

I've said all along since we were rumoured to signing him that he's a quality player. I'll stand by that still right now, get him in the squad BR.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion