TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm wrote:Not convinced from today's performance. Looked lightweight and lacking on all fronts.

Nowhere near the standard we need.

At what point did he look light weight? I don't remember him getting outmuscled. In fact he used his strength to hold off players a number of times. Bit worrying though that he get such strong cramp after half hour even considering he has been out injured. Question mark if he's body is robust enough to play regular football.
Eagle

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 pm

Trouble is our fans sometimes think we are the only club that has a valued opinion of players.

Ilori is the poster child for not buying potential but instead investing money in proven quality.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 pm

I thought he did okay considering he's hardly played in a year and one thing I liked a lot was his composure on the ball.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm

Eagle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:13 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 pm wrote:Not convinced from today's performance. Looked lightweight and lacking on all fronts.

Nowhere near the standard we need.

At what point did he look light weight? I don't remember him getting outmuscled. In fact he used his strength to hold off players a number of times. Bit worrying though that he get such strong cramp after half hour even considering he has been out injured. Question mark if he's body is robust enough to play regular football.

he missed a dozen headers due to being out mutmuscled.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:03 am

I thought he was really poor. Yes there were reasons - inexperienced team, new defensive partner, lack of match practice.

But bottom line he did nothing to suggest he has a future at LFC.

Jury is out. But I'm not basing this solely on tonight. Villa are horrendous, to not get a single game says something. Plus he hasn't done much in previous loans.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 am

Daily Telegraph rating:

Tiago Ilori - Desperately poor. The only thing he has appeared to learn from his Villa loan is to play with his socks rolled down, Grealish style. No appetite for the fight. A liability. 4
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:39 am

Liverpool Echo rating:

Tiago Ilori

The lesser-spotted Portuguese could be satisfied with his debut. Reads the game well and was generally adept at dealing with the aerial threat. Typically went off injured, though. - 7
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:40 am

Well the only thing that is certain is that he divides opinion!
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:43 am

I thought he was steady enough without standing out but showed some good composure at times. Not bad considering he's only been back at the club for 2 days and playing alongside someone who was out of the position a lot. 6 out of 10.
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:43 pm

I thought he was ok. I saw people on twitter sing his praises as a messiah and blame everything on Enrique, but Tiago missed a lot of headers and had to rely on pace to get him out of a bit of trouble.
He did will holding players off though and looks confident with the ball.

I gave him a 5.5. Just above average.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:54 am

The criticisms are extremely harsh on a player who hasn't played a competitive game for months. He was trust onto a difficult pitch against physical lower league opponents. Give the guy a break, he is still very rusty. Missing headers has to do with reading of the ball and rhythm which are expected to be off since he hasn't played in a long time!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 am

Every time I read you posts I'm inclined to forgive you after watching that dollybird girate a few times.

What in heavens name is the connection between her and LFC?!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Reg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 am wrote:Every time I read you posts I'm inclined to forgive you after watching that dollybird girate a few times.

What in heavens name is the connection between her and LFC?!

I didn't know my posts are that bad?  :laugh:
The dollybird has got absolutely nothing to do with LFC. But the purpose of her you've absolutely guessed it! It's for calming myself down when I read nonsensical posts on here...  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:51 pm

I've decided to follow your lead....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Strangely enough I don't think he did too bad the other night given the circumstances
I think he did better than expected anyway.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion