Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 pm

BR won't get the push and nor should he after one defeat. However, I think he's lost his balls and the fact he played THREE central defenders to mark ONE West Ham striker in the second half speaks volumes. The guy was scared we'd get routed by more goals. So instead of chasing the game, he was more concerned about not losing by more.

That's not the LFC way and that's what has worried me the most from today.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 pm

Go call a coach ,and let a coach be called ;
And let the man who calleth the caller ;
And in his calling let him nothing call ;
But Coach ! Coach! Coach! Oh for a coach ye Gods !

Henry Carey /Echoed by the Kop
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:49 pm

The really sad thing is, we cannot fault the owners at all, they have pumped massive investment into the first team squad (and youth teams), they have provided the beginings of a revamped Anfield, what more can we ask of them ?  Nothing in my honest opinion

I do think the job is too big for Rodgers, we have a decent first team squad and if managed/coached by someone who allows players to play in their correct positions, plays to our strengths and is more astute tactically we would be doing a lot better than we currently are

Things seem very dark at the moment i must say

I am worried for us this season, i think a change is overdue now
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm

C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:The really sad thing is, we cannot fault the owners at all, they have pumped massive investment into the first team squad (and youth teams), they have provided the beginings of a revamped Anfield, what more can we ask of them ?  Nothing in my honest opinion

I do think the job is too big for Rodgers, we have a decent first team squad and if managed/coached by someone who allows players to play in their correct positions, plays to our strengths and is more astute tactically we would be doing a lot better than we currently are

Some on here will criticie them for not getting rid of him in the summer. But who do we bring in? Klopp? No one knows if he'd take it. For all we know FSG approached him in the summer and got a blunt "no" from the German. Then who do we bring in?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm

C-R » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 am wrote:The really sad thing is, we cannot fault the owners at all, they have pumped massive investment into the first team squad (and youth teams), they have provided the beginings of a revamped Anfield, what more can we ask of them ?  Nothing in my honest opinion

It is their fault......Hope FSG loses a $hitload for supporting someone like Rodgers. They wanted to go cheap with a PR friendly moneyball head coach. Well let them fall by that decision.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:
C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:The really sad thing is, we cannot fault the owners at all, they have pumped massive investment into the first team squad (and youth teams), they have provided the beginings of a revamped Anfield, what more can we ask of them ?  Nothing in my honest opinion

Some on here will criticie them for not getting rid of him in the summer. But who do we bring in? Klopp? No one knows if he'd take it. For all we know FSG approached him in the summer and got a blunt "no" from the German. Then who do we bring in?

Certainly someone like Klopp would bring the organisation that we so desperately need, i think he would make us solid at the back whilst at the same time make us exciting going forward (remember what he did with a mostly average Dortmund team)

If we look further than Klopp there is not a massive list of managers who would be a "fit" for us, why would the very best managers (Mourinho, Pellegrini, Ancellotti etc....) want to come to us when they can pretty much pick who they want.

I really don't know who would be the perfect fit for us, i really wanted Rodgers to succeed, but i don't see him taking us up another level and if he stays in charge for much longer he could damage us even further
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:01 pm

The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:55 pm wrote:
C-R » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:49 am wrote:The really sad thing is, we cannot fault the owners at all, they have pumped massive investment into the first team squad (and youth teams), they have provided the beginings of a revamped Anfield, what more can we ask of them ?  Nothing in my honest opinion

It is their fault......Hope FSG loses a $hitload for supporting someone like Rodgers. They wanted to go cheap with a PR friendly moneyball head coach. Well let them fall by that decision.

I disagree, i read Rodgers is set to earn something close to 20 million £ if he sees his contract out, that's hardly doing things on the cheap
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:44 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:I've been telling you's for ages that rodgers is full of shyte.  :nod

This change of style is doing it for me, not a fan of it at all, shades of Houllier/Hodgson imo.
Plus it's not often that a manager of the calibre of Klopp is available.

That game he fantazizes about yakka dissapeared long long ago. 
No way are they going to get rid of him either after allowing him to change his backroom staff and sign so many new players, certainly not after 4 games anyway. That result today was coming. I have watched every single minute of preseason and all 4 games of this campaign and it was the same stuff. Its all possession based with little or no risk involved. Its really poor stuff for his 4th year and after having so much money and players to choose from.

He should have went in the summer imo and to see that stadium emptying around the 83rd min I would say most agree.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 pm

C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:00 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:

Certainly someone like Klopp would bring the organisation that we so desperately need, i think he would make us solid at the back whilst at the same time make us exciting going forward (remember what he did with a mostly average Dortmund team)

If we look further than Klopp there is not a massive list of managers who would be a "fit" for us, why would the very best managers (Mourinho, Pellegrini, Ancellotti etc....) want to come to us when they can pretty much pick who they want.

I really don't know who would be the perfect fit for us, i really wanted Rodgers to succeed, but i don't see him taking us up another level and if he stays in charge for much longer he could damage us even further

You hit the nail on the head. Perhaps that's why FSG decided to stick with what they've got and give BR one last try.

BR is losing the fans (that was obvious today) but he's not going to get the boot after one defeat. However, if fans stop going to games (like they did in the Hodgson era) then that might force FSG's hand. However, if Klopp isn't interested, who would improve things?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:12 pm

@ 7_Kewell

Just throwing names out there... Hiddink, De Boer, Koeman, Low and of course Klopp

I don't know if any of those would be achievable for us

Who do you think ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Klopp, Anceloti are currently unemployed. 

I think Paco (after he won the treble in Israel) is also unemployed too. He is someone who is an awesome tactician. He knows our club well. One thing for sure, he will not do a worse job than Rodgers.

The manager at sevilla is also pretty good.

We are the 8th biggest club in the world. And there are lots of managers who could do a better job than Rodgers. Of all the managers they could hire....they interviewed Martinez and Rodgers. Just imagine. 2 Head coaches who seem to spend more time articulating their tactics to the press than setting up the team to play their players' strength....

At this juncture, I will take pardew over Rodgers.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:29 pm

C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:@ 7_Kewell

Just throwing names out there... Hiddink, De Boer, Koeman, Low and of course Klopp

Who do you think ?

Klopp would be at the top of my list. However, as Villas-Boas proved, having a good reputation for winning is no guarantee of success.

De Boer is another one who looks promising, but how would he do in the PL?
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:31 pm

C-R » Aug 29th, '15, 20:12 wrote:@ 7_Kewell

Who do you think ?

Definitely would love Klopp at the club, however,  there  are a couple of others,  Bielsa  or  Unai Emery Sevilla) would be good shouts.....

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Don't particularly like talking about replacement managers, especially this early in the season but make no mistake, the likes of Ancelotti, Klopp, De Boer, Koeman etc would absolutely jump at the chance of managing us.

Still one of the most prestigious jobs in world football which obviously brings a lot of pressure along with it hence my original question as to whether Rodgers had fallen into it a little too early
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:56 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:29 pm wrote:
C-R » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm wrote:@ 7_Kewell

Who do you think ?

Klopp would be at the top of my list. However, as Villas-Boas proved, having a good reputation for winning is no guarantee of success.

De Boer is another one who looks promising, but how would he do in the PL?

Klopp's last season at Dortmund was as about as bad as it gets as well, he was in the relegation zone for three quarters of the campaign. To win the German title and get to a CL final he must have something about him though, okay the Bundesliga is not the Prem but it still takes some doing to finish above Bayern after 38 games.
I don't know what to think, Brendan is a good coach but I just feel he has lost his way, all this carry on with the transfer committee and reports of losing the dressing room last season, then getting rid of Pascoe and Marsh and now changing his philosophy to a more direct style.....it just doesn't add up to me.
Wasn't he supposed to have studied in Holland and Spain and built up this 180 page dossier over a period of years and years? Now all of a sudden he's ditching his footballing Bible?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion