GLEN JOHNSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:31 pm

damjan193 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:10 am wrote:Apparently, those rumors about him signing a new contract are true, a 3-year deal by the looks of it.

If I ever be offered the chance to know the answer to anything in the entire universe, I'll ask why does Brendan rate Johnson so much. You can't even make a 2 minute youtube highlight video with him ffs! Unless it's with the kind of stuff CR posted above. Reduced wages or not, his time in LFC should be over!

Now i understand why Glen gets high wages he just offer 10% commission to the manager  :grinning:
Their is really no professional explanation for keeping a player which is a consistent under achiever. Yes once in a blue moon he will score of have a thundering run down the flank but most of the time he will be a lzy stupid bstrd.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 pm

cardiff-red wrote:I think this vine sums up Mr Johnson perfectly

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264hi ... tPn65iFXz1

My favourite bit of the match!
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ld-5299277

Seriously???
Cringey, pathetic,embarrassing bullsh'it from someone who should know much better...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:04 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:58 pm wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-glen-johnson-blames-anfield-5299277

Seriously???
Cringey, pathetic,embarrassing bullsh'it from someone who should know much better...
:no

Yeah totally agree that its a pathetic excuse but why slate johnson when all he is doing is reiterating the same shite rodgers has been spewing. He used that same excuse after the draw with arsenal before christmas and was even at it the other day before the Blackburn match  :laugh: 
Monkey see Monkey do ?  :nod

You do know it is within his power to get the Groundskeepers to maybe do something really wild like put a fecking roller on the pitch between games if it bothers him that much.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:37 am

A poor workman blames his tool. BR was deflecting blame from the players whereas Johnson is trying to deflect the blame off himself. Worthless little piece of sh!te.

That's actually a good photo of Johnson in the Mirror, the bird sh!t on his head suits him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:22 am

In his defence I read before the match that the pitch is in a really bad way and is getting criticised by opposition clubs when they visit, it was supposed to be dug up and redone totally at the end of the season but won't be able to due to the building work on the stadium, the pitch was supposed to gave a 10 year life but it's been down for around 15 years now.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:02 pm

all the money in football and we've had the pitch 15 years? I despair.

as for Johnson, he's hinting at a move abroad in the summer...  whose onlyme gonna blame then? oh yeah, BR probably.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:01 pm

There isn't much wrong with that pitch lads. Rodgers wants it changed because in his opinion it inhibits one touch football which is fine but its pathetic using it as an excuse when you fail to win a game. Funny enough he never complained about it before or after the city game.

If that pitch does get relaid in the summer then it will only add to his already arsenal of excuses in that its a new pitch and it will take time to establish.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Heh, not often you hear the home manager complain about the home pitch. Rodgers is special, alright.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:25 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:There isn't much wrong with that pitch lads. Rodgers wants it changed because in his opinion it inhibits one touch football which is fine but its pathetic using it as an excuse when you fail to win a game. Funny enough he never complained about it before or after the city game.

If that pitch does get relaid in the summer then it will only add to his already arsenal of excuses in that its a new pitch and it will take time to establish.

To be fair by modern standards our pitch is awful, there's bare patches everywhere and whenever a camera zooms in close it looks like a ploughed field. The goalmouth at the Kop end was muddy the other week and I haven't seen that in years!
I seem to remember that we had a lot of trouble with our pitch before this one went down, if I remember correctly the centenary stand was getting the blame (blocking sunlight) and at one point in the 90's there was more sand on the pitch than grass. I think we imported turf from Kentucky in the end that was very durable but obviously after 15 years it's worn out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:26 pm

leeroy74 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:02 pm wrote:all the money in football and we've had the pitch 15 years? I despair.

as for Johnson, he's hinting at a move abroad in the summer...  whose onlyme gonna blame then? oh yeah, BR probably.

A. You are right the pitch is a disgrace.
B. No wonder you would like Glen to stay other then opening entertaining match threads you are clueless.
C. BR is to blame for keeping Glen and even allowing him to touch the grass (krappy grass).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:25 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:There isn't much wrong with that pitch lads. Rodgers wants it changed because in his opinion it inhibits one touch football which is fine but its pathetic using it as an excuse when you fail to win a game. Funny enough he never complained about it before or after the city game.

To be fair by modern standards our pitch is awful, there's bare patches everywhere and whenever a camera zooms in close it looks like a ploughed field. The goalmouth at the Kop end was muddy the other week and I haven't seen that in years!
I seem to remember that we had a lot of trouble with our pitch before this one went down, if I remember correctly the centenary stand was getting the blame (blocking sunlight) and at one point in the 90's there was more sand on the pitch than grass. I think we imported turf from Kentucky in the end that was very durable but obviously after 15 years it's worn out.

I haven't been over this season so wouldn't have seen it up close but it doesn't look that bad on TV. Certainly not that bad that it could be used as an excuse for us playing poorly.

You are correct in saying that the centenary stand was getting the blame and It was back under houllier when the work got carried out. They introduced synthetic grass at the time which accounts for 3 % of the total surface and the result being that it wouldn't get churned up as much. They also installed the latest technology at the time like under-ground heating, better sprinkler system and grow lamps so that we could basically grow grass all year round. It should be more than enough to give us a top quality playing surface even after 10+ years and I genuinely believe we have a top pitch that a rolling could sort to get us through the season.

Anyway the new system we will go for will be the Desso Grassmaster  :laugh:  A few premier league clubs and wembley already have it and as far as i can tell it will incorporate up to 20% synthetic grass into the surface so as to pretty much eradicate divots. It will be great for us to upgrade and Rodgers is perfectly entitled to want that but he shouldn't be using it as an excuse to justify the odd poor performance.

Besides there is no guarantee the pace or standard of football will improve if we do relay it with the Desso Grassmaster. You only have to look at the bitters to see how much it has brought them on.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:28 pm

I dont like the manager criticising the pitch because it smacks of excuse-making before we even start. But I detest it when a player moans that the pitch stopped us from winning. Blackburn played on the same pitch and Im sure none of them complained! Its small minded and petty and it made him look a bigger cu'nt than he already is.
Put the Fu*king ball in the net, THEN moan about the Fu*king pitch, you Fu*king blert!
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby andy_g » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:33 am

maybe the people that play on the pitch are more aware of the state of it and the affect it has on the way the ball travels across it than we are. just a thought.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:44 am

Does his mother tie laces for his as well Andy. Come on guys lets not drift over onto the dark side... the awl'buggers amongst us remember pitches before proper drainage, subsoil heating and perfect turf finishes... d'ye think Ron Yates or Tommy Smith blamed the pitch for a poor performance?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion