Rodgers SACKED

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:22 pm

RedAnt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:51 am wrote: The new guy will at least have patience from the fans, knowing that he has to put Brendan's work right and in time that may well build a more united attitude. BR was a kid in a candy store. The new one will be a hero trying to save a sinking ship. Big difference there.

:laugh: ... let's wait and see...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Interesting theory...

Did Jose Mourinho's "sack me" comments force Liverpool into action over Brendan Rodgers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ts-6576132

The Chelsea boss sent a message to the club's owners after his side's defeat to Southampton - is that why Liverpool made a change when they did?

Brendan Rodgers Liverpool tenure was brought to a dramatic end on Sunday evening.

The Northern Irishman was axed just hours after the Merseyside derby against Everton, which ended 1-1.

Prior to kick-off at Goodison Park, the Premier League saw it's first managerial departure as Dick Advocaat left Sunderland.

While that one was expected, the decision to relieve Rodgers of his duties - and when they did - came as a big surprise.

But did Jose Mourinho force Liverpool to act?

Following Chelsea's latest defeat to Southampton at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho stated the club's owners must sack him if they wanted him to go.

The 3-1 setback was the champions' fourth loss of the campaign so far, leaving them 16th in the Premier League table.

Reports after the game suggested the pressure was mounting on the Portuguese, with Jurgen Klopp and former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti linked as a possible replacements.

Klopp and Ancelotti have both also been tipped to replace Rodgers at Anfield - so did Liverpool fear they would miss out on their first choice, if they didn't make an immediate change?

After the loss to Southampton, Mourinho delivered an incredible interview, stating: "If the club wants to sack me they have to sack me because I am not running away.

"It is a crucial moment in the history of this club because if they sack me they sack the best manager this club has ever had. The message is that the results are the fault of the manager.

"This is a moment for everybody to assume their responsibilities and stick together."

Liverpool are determined to move quickly and have a new boss in charge for their next game against Spurs on October 17.

Klopp , who initially insisted he won't work again until next summer after leaving Dortmund in May, is ready to take over at Anfield.

The club's FSG owners are set to speak to Klopp immediately and hope to tie up a deal within the next week.

Mourinho meanwhile is the second-favourite for the next Premier League managerial exit, behind Newcastle chief Steve McClaren.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Doubt Mourinho's situation had anything to do with it. Rodgers has had enough time to build a team and we still look sellotaped together, Only a few months ago he was claiming he would turn us into challengers this season and now its back to excuses and rebuilding. He has dug far too many holes for himself and sooner or later it was going to come back and bite the Ar$e off him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:56 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:58 pm wrote:Doubt Mourinho's situation had anything to do with it. Rodgers has had enough time to build a team and we still look sellotaped together, Only a few months ago he was claiming he would turn us into challengers this season and now its back to excuses and rebuilding. He has dug far too many holes for himself and sooner or later it was going to come back and bite the Ar$e off him.

Timing mate... it makes sense that once Chelsea's managerial position is vacant, we may not get the manager we want. Managing Chelsea is a bigger pull for managers than managing Liverpool the way it stands...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Cant believe we spent so much on Benteke when the new man might not rate him...
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:32 pm

'I thought you went to earth to save Liverpool?'
'I was outstanding but they didn't understand me'.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:28 pm wrote:Cant believe we spent so much on Benteke when the new man might not rate him...

Like Carragher stated we should've changed manager in the summer. He would've chosen his own players etc..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Reg » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:32 pm wrote:Image

'I thought you went to earth to save Liverpool?'
'I was outstanding but they didn't understand me'.

:laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 pm

devaney » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:05 am wrote:I think it is abundantly obvious that a lot has been going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. Timing has probably been an issue. I can't imagine that they are simply going to leave Liverpool FC in the hands of a total under achiever like Sean O'Driscoll.Just what the fk is he doing at Liverpool FC. Rogers distasteful behaviour in letting his loyal assistants become the fall guys for his numerous shortcomings was a pill that was just to difficult to swallow. Karma usually finds a way and it certainly did with Rogers who I now don't mind admitting was an absolute fraud. It was difficult to support this egomaniac and not simply agree with the WHINGE COMMITTEE (term of endearment lads) who put together a catalogue of overwhelming reasons why Rogers should no longer be allowed to have anything to do with Liverpool FC. Personally I was beginning to worry about RBG's blood pressure  :laugh: Hopefully it has now settled down. It will be very interesting to see where Rogers goes from here? Abroad is my guess.

Can't find where it says that Gary Mac and O'Driscoll have gone ?

:laugh:

You can neck a pill for blood pressure mate ,issues with your sanity however   :D  As for his future ,my guess is the new Dr Who.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:24 pm

Not that I'm against firing Rodgers, but this does really look like a complete fuckery and quite amateurish from the owners. We allow the manager to make a complete overhaul of the coaching staff, let him spend a Sh*t load of money, only to fire him and most of the staff we just hired after only 8 games. Carra is right, this should have been done in the summer. It's going to be very difficult for the new manager this way, the pressure's on him from the off.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Yep Carra was spot on. Let the new man get a preseason with the player's and take it from their. I think the question marks over Maureen at Chelsea have pushed FSG into action.  Free run on two very good managers who are avaliable and no compensation involved.  If Chelsea sack Mourinho, we would be competing with them and think FSG have said enough is enough and get a new man in before it gets difficult.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:31 pm

FSG are a bunch of buffoons mate.
Clueless jokers!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:49 am

Glad you lot a finally starting to come around and see FSG for what they are.......amateurs.

I will be very surprised if we get Klopp or Ancelotti.

Both will want assurances that the money will be there to spend with no ridiculous profit or youth driven agendas.

My theory is that they had this discussion with Klopp during the off season but he didn't want to come because of these limitations. They have no choice now or they will turn the entire global fan are against them.

I'm just hopping once they realize they can't invest heavy amounts of money into a proper rebuild, they just sell up shop. Like Rodgers, they just aren't the right fit for us.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:01 am

So the whinge committee got what they wanted and now they turn on the owners for doing what they were screaming for?

You couldn't make it up. Petulant kids who are never satisfied - modern fans.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:25 am

'Despite openly admitting they are not well versed in the history and mechanics of football, FSG are aware of the fact Liverpool’s season was following a similar dank path to the final ones under Gérard Houllier and Rafael Benitez: experiences that felt like death by a thousand cuts.'

I wonder who makes the cuts eh?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion