Coronavirus and Football

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:29 am

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:39 pm wrote:Apparently the FA rules state that if the season can't continue for whatever reason the table will stay the same if its 75% complete.. That is 28 games. Luckily we've played 29 so it's looking like it's not gonna affect the title.

That's good to hear.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:01 am

They say the pandemic will be over by summer because the virus can't survive in the heat. Strange that we have so many cases then in Singapore n'est-ce pas?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 am

Reg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:01 am wrote:They say the pandemic will be over by summer because the virus can't survive in the heat. Strange that we have so many cases then in Singapore n'est-ce pas?

Who are "they" Reg? Haven't seen anything like that from the government of health bodies like NHS/WHO?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Understand the gaps ridiculous but if the leagues scrapped I don't want it handed to us 30 years of pain or not.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:24 am

It's hardly a case of 'handed to us' when we've convincingly beaten all comers this season, we've totally dominated and we deserve the title more than any other team in the past.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:18 am

Reg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:01 am wrote:They say the pandemic will be over by summer because the virus can't survive in the heat. Strange that we have so many cases then in Singapore n'est-ce pas?

I know in the Middle East where ambient temperatures might be 30-35 Celsius the surface temp would be more like 60 degrees and more due to the sun being so hot and no cloud cover, in Singapore surely there are always clouds and add to that the humidity and moisture, it seems a good place for bacteria . If you touch your car or outdoor surfaces in Singapore would it be over 50 degrees ie does it burn your hand to touch it? Ive been to Singapore/Malaysia  but not all year long so not sure, I remember warm and humid but it was always cloudy. Reason I mention it is I have heard the Singapore argument before and made my assumptions without asking anyone living there.

Quick check on the Windy app shows a consistent temp in Singapore around 30 degrees at this time of year and that seems not hot enough to kill the virus.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:59 am

If we get "handed" the title no matter how much we have earned it.. The rival Fans will always have a dig, and will all say it doesn't count because City could mathematically catch us.

I'm hoping the league will continue behind closed doors just enough so we can get them 2 wins and put the whole argument to bed.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:12 pm

I've just spent 3 hours on the phone with Qatar Airways rearranging a flight for my son from the UK to Singapore to get him here before the 14 day mandatory isolation starts in Singapore for all incoming Brits at midnight on Monday evening. He departs Manchester tonight at 9pm UK time and arrives here with 2.5 hours to spare before the isolation deadline checks in. A stressful 3 hours I can assure you. I'm having another G&T to calm my nerves but the most important thing is now the family's together again, I wasn't happy with us being in Sing and my son in the UK, we need to face this together as a family. Stay safe guys and put family well being first.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Glad you got your family back together Reg, was gonna say "Big Hugs " to you all but maybe that's not the best thing to do right now !  :D

Stay way well and "Elbow Bumps" to you all.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:14 pm

Even if you are in the highest risk bracket (i.e 80+ with an underlying health condition) the odds of surviving this thing are still heavily in your favour (85%), dont get me wrong ’m not trying to downplay it, people are dying and as someone with an elderly parent I’d be lying if I said i wasn’t concerned but to put some of the numbers we are seeing on the news into perspective, over in the states, in the first 2 months of this year 10,000 people died of the flu.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:05 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:14 pm wrote:Even if you are in the highest risk bracket (i.e 80+ with an underlying health condition) the odds of surviving this thing are still heavily in your favour (85%), dont get me wrong ’m not trying to downplay it, people are dying and as someone with an elderly parent I’d be lying if I said i wasn’t concerned but to put some of the numbers we are seeing on the news into perspective, over in the states, in the first 2 months of this year 10,000 people died of the flu.

I think Yakka that is because a lot more people got the flu, they say that flu has a mortality of 0.1% and Corona is 1%. By that reckoning then it would have been 100,000 that died and that is a big number. Still the world seems to have gone crazy with the over reaction!!

Cannot believe no football for weeks at least   :down:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:10 am

The one season I just wanted to get the league wrapped up in front of the home fans - the celebrations will be some what muted now. It doesn't feel like we're champions if this league gets scrapped and we win it by default that we're top. What a limp end to a fabulous season.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:24 am

Lee.... there won't even be a celebratory bus top tour through the city ffs........
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:42 am

I know! We've waited so long and I can't believe this is happening - truly gutted.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:24 am

leeroy74 wrote:I know! We've waited so long and I can't believe this is happening - truly gutted.

+1
Hopefully they get a grip on this soon and we can play it out behind closed doors  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion